Pirate Swords

Capt. Flint

Kinda funny.... the Dutch are so restrictive about flintlock firearms.... I'm researching what parts I need to make a copy of a Dutch paddlebutt musket...... the kind they use to export to the New World.....

...."When guns are outlawed... can we use swords? "

...Dang.... guess not.........

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm, let me see if i can get an English languaged explanation..

Noop, but it says that if you have a replica of an old flintlock, but it works, it's still a fire weapon and will not be allowed, and no special liscence is given for it, unlike an original.

Also, you cannot just get a liscence for collecting fire arms, not "just for fun", there has to be a special reason.

I think if you're a member of a shooting club sometimes they dio give out liscences but they're difficult with it.

about swords etc, it says you may have them but not wear them openly in public places.

Now the only problem for me is i don't have a credit card and can't find ány places that sell cutlasses for the prices such as in the US, so i need to find a place that is cheap ánd works with Paypal :ph34r:

hero.jpg

• 1 year later...
I've been looking for the dutch cutlass that Museum Reps had a couple of years back.  A really sweet shell guard with knuckle bow on about a 28 inch curved blade.  It appeared in their catalogue for about 2 issues and was gone.  Never been able to find one since.

I traded e-mails with Museum Replicas a couple of months ago and they said that due to repeated requests they plan on re-releasing their Dutch Cutlass in Spring 2007

Anybody have a picture of this cutlass (the Museum Rep Dutch Cutlass)

Ooppps... never mind

http://www.myarmoury.com/review_mrl_dutch.html

Greg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!