Pirate Swords

Capt. Flint

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Darkmalkin,

I had the same problem with some pictures I be posting some time ago. I think that it had to do with me web server being a Linux friendly sort that had a picture directory with an "&" symbol in it's name. And this being a Microsoft friendly sight and all, well it be getting a bit confused with the path name tis all and be wanting to do something other than just make a link to the image I suppose.

The way I fixed it were to rename the directory by getting rid of the "&" symbol in the directory name and now that be working here fine, though that broke all me links else where on the net.

Let me know if that help ya at all.

El Pirata

How do ye like yer new cutlass? How's the quality and such? I be in the market fer a new cutlass meself. I was thinkin' about the one you have or the Dutch cutlass from Loyalist Arms.

Much Obliged,

Broadside

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

Thank'ee fer the compliments on me Star Wars togs. I be waitin' on a shipmate to get me copies of pictures of me pirate garb.

Grendel's Cave be recommended by me prop-building mates as good quality and accurate replicas. In fact, the man what made me Rebel pilot helmet be the moderator fer the firearms and edged weapons section on the prop board. He be makin' me some POTC Aztec coin replicas for Halloween.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I was thinkin' about the one you have or the Dutch cutlass from Loyalist Arms.

Broadside

Ah now, ya got me all excited and then it wasna t'be. I've been looking for the dutch cutlass that Museum Reps had a couple of years back. A really sweet shell guard with knuckle bow on about a 28 inch curved blade. It appeared in their catalogue for about 2 issues and was gone. Never been able to find one since.

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

El Pirata

How do ye like yer new cutlass? How's the quality and such? I be in the market fer a new cutlass meself. I was thinkin' about the one you have or the Dutch cutlass from Loyalist Arms.

Much Obliged,

Broadside

While being totally crazy I am not one of the normal crazies that goes out and plays with swords. I will tell you what limited knowledge of this sword:

Balance - extremely blade heavy.

Steel - looks to be made of mild steel but had a burnished appearance. Absolute zero edge on the blade itself.

Handle - cheaply made. Handle is held together by a single stud welded into the blade itself and is covered completely when the handle is installed. If you have big mook hands, like bigger than mine, you might have some trouble fitting your hand onto the handle.

Overall it's great for my purposes I wanted it for, to walk around a bunch of pirate looking crazies. The tall ship on the handle is a pretty cool beans detail. For the price it more than suits my needs. Oh yeah, the black sheathed one has a jolly roger on it.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Overall it's great for my purposes I wanted it for, to walk around a bunch of pirate looking crazies.

That's all I be needin' a cutlass for as well. Don't do much combat. Just need somethin' that's gonna look cool. Thanks for the info.

Arrrrr!

Broadside

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

I was thinkin' about the one you have or the Dutch cutlass from Loyalist Arms.

Broadside

Ah now, ya got me all excited and then it wasna t'be. I've been looking for the dutch cutlass that Museum Reps had a couple of years back. A really sweet shell guard with knuckle bow on about a 28 inch curved blade. It appeared in their catalogue for about 2 issues and was gone. Never been able to find one since.

Hawkyns

Hawkyns,

I know the cutlass yer lookin' for mate. Follow the link. Too many pieces of eight for this pyrate, but very cool lookin'.

It's at Dutch Cutlass.

Also check out the Dusagge Cutlass. This is the cheapest place I've found it.

I want one, bad.

Arrrrr!

Broadside

Overall it's great for my purposes I wanted it for, to walk around a bunch of pirate looking crazies.

That's all I be needin' a cutlass for as well. Don't do much combat. Just need somethin' that's gonna look cool. Thanks for the info.

Arrrrr!

Broadside

Then this one will do you well.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I know the cutlass yer lookin' for mate. Follow the link. Too many pieces of eight for this pyrate, but very cool lookin'.

I want one, bad.

Arrrrr!

Thank ye, that's the very piece. Guess Windlass is selling direct now, as well as through Hank Reinhart. Price has gone up a might, since I last saw it, too.

Cutlasses are so hard to find, if ye wants an early piece. I picked up the shell guard cutlass from Museum Reps, nice hilt and shape, but the blade weighs a ton, 5/16 spine at the ricasso. Don't like the look o'the pirate cutlass. That chrome plated basket just looks wrong. I've considered that dusagge piece, too. My main complaint is that the quillon and knucklebow look too thin.

I've got my orig blade, but there are times I just don't want to take that one out. May have to spend the dubloons for the Dutchy.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I would like to warn ye of a scallywag who's currently on me list o' ports ter broadside!

I ordered a boarding cutlass from here:

Where I went

I finally got it...and it's not a bad cutlass....just not the one I ordered. Apparently they have a picture of a cutlass with a plain brass hand guard and wooden grip....instead, what I got in the mail was something similar to the one that Stynky Tudor recently posted a picture of (with all the engravings on it, and such).

Hopefully this is just them being lazy, but I'll keep you informed about how things work out. I've sent them an email explaining the situation, and I'll keep you abreast of their reply.

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Even though the picture looks different, the description of the item sounds exactly like the sword I was talking about. I am curious to find out which was accurate, the description or the pic. Please let us know.

Ahoy there Redd, the picture I be posting was actually from a quote that El Pirata had earlier posted about his his new cutlass.

But speak of being warned, buyer beware, I just got meself one of these cheap on sale swords from Chivalry Sports Renaissance Store:

sept2003email_2.jpg

Arr it be in the same class as me replica wheellock pistols, they be looking nice enough from a distance and as along as you don’t be taking it out and waving them around calling to much attention to them, they do just fine for costume appearances.

Edited by Stynky Tudor

Aye buyer beware with 1ABC...I sent them a polite email explaining the situation...no reply...nor any changes ter the photo or description of the sword item in question on their site.

GGRRRR....

Oh, well. It suits its purpose fine fer now.

-Redd

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

We should also mention GOOD experiences we've had with traders.

I just received a nice cutlass from MIDDLESEX VILLAGE TRADERS: $100 including shipping got me a good sword, scabbard, and baldric!

Now, I think I got a special deal, because they were out of stock at the moment, and I got my order in just at the time someone else had reneged on taking delivery on a rig that had been set aside fer him. So don't necessarily expect as good of a deal; but still, I recommend doing business with them.

:)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"