Filming has begun...possible spoilers ahead

Iron Bess

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard on the radio this morning from Hollyweird reporter Mike Evans that Johnny Depp has been seen in "Jack Sparrow" costume on the Disney Burbank Studio lot in between his appearances promoting "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". He also reported that PotC 3 wil be a prequel. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope he's wrong about that. :ph34r:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

I trust Bess a good sight more than I'd trust a reporter, any day!

Yes i do to but..she did say quite firmly to us more then once the keith Richards thing was just a rumor but now Johnny speaks of it openly in interviews so it seems to be true.

I guess it was all supposed to have remain a surprise but in any case..i'll just wait and see i believe nothing anymore until i see it.

hero.jpg

hideously unattractive types... if anyone attends a casting call for hideous people, jeez thats like a major self esteem issue. of course, i would go anyway! B) too bad its in cali, and 18-50. too young, and WAY too far away. that would be fun though, wouldnt it?

Just got hired to the crew of 2 & 3. Leave for the Bahamas next month.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

I'm not acting. I look the part, but I work behind the camera, not in front of it. I'm going to work in the Props Dept.

Thanks mates!

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

Yeah, I don't get to play pyrate, but I get to work with them. And get paid to do it.

Capt. William Bones

Lee Boards Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Source: ComingSoon.net

August 1, 2005

Reggie Lee (The Fast and the Furious) has landed a supporting lead in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean 3, directed by Gore Verbinski and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. Lee stars opposite Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, and Chow Yun-Fat as a villainous Pirate named Tai Huang.

Lee filmed some initial scenes with Depp in April while both sequels were filming concurrently on St. Vincent in the Caribbean. He resumes filming in late August in Los Angeles and the Bahamas through 2006. Pirates of the Caribbean 3 is due in theatres in 2007.

Lee's character is involved in several of the film's stunt sequences for which he will undergo 'pirate training' in preparation. He looks forward to the physical demands of the role, which will be no problem for the avid athlete.

Lee recently wrapped filming the lead in the horror film Dimples, written by Dusty DePree and Ron Johnson and directed by DePree. The film is due in theaters in Fall 2006.

Lee has appeared in several films including Masked and Anonymous, Frankenfish and the upcoming feature X.C.U. (Extreme Close-Up.) He had recurring roles on television as Dr. Oliver Lee on CBS' Judging Amy and rookie cop Jim Chang on Lifetime's The Division and starred in the Fox series Luis with Luis Guzman.

Email Story to a Friend | Discuss on the Boards

I'm not happy with this..

I thought the fun thing about Pirates of the Caribbean was that it was fiction.

It was about something long ago and you could enjoy it without feeling too bad because it is something that is no more.

Asian pirates however are very much a thing of today, i don't know if you guys know it but many of them are drugs smuglers and kill whole families including children to take their yaght to use it for drugs smugling.

IMO it's going to be too much like the real thing, call me nuts but it bothers me.

hero.jpg

Well ...

I mean, it's true that the only "real pirate threat" left in these modern times are pirates around Asia (although I _believe_ there are some occasional mostly-drug-related "pirate" incidents in the Caribbean as well). And modern day pirates are horrible -- unlike the Golden Age of Piracy, modern pirates have no small handful of people in their ranks who are merely after a freer way of life and are mostly not bloodthirsty killers who are happy to kill for profit (I'm not saying that there WEREN'T pirates in the Golden Age that were like that; I believe the 95% vast MAJORITY of pirates in the Golden Age were like that. But there were one or two who simply wanted a better life than what their world could offer them, and turned to piracy out of desperation.)

But ... I wouldn't worry about that affecting PotC 2 and 3 too much. There ie a _certain_ element of historical truth in the first PotC film (er, in that there were actually pirates in the Caribbean, and they weren't all very nice, and Port Royal and Tortuga did actually exist and so on) ... I imagine that it'll be about the same level of historical "accuracy," Asian pirates or no. I doubt that, if the Asian pirates turn out to NOT be on Jack's side, that they're portray them as being any meaner than Barbossa's crew in the first film (I would NOT want to meet anybody from Barbossa crew down a dark alley -- but still, we didn't actually _see_ them do anything really terrible).

I don't think we have to worry too much. I imagine PotC 2 and 3'll have the same fun as 1 -- I think the only reason for the Asian pirates is so that they can take our characters farther out into the seas than simply the Caribbean.

I will say, however, that I'll be disappointed if Ching Shih doesn't show up! ... ;-D

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Hmmm.

It seems to me that Asian pirates WERE indeed around back then. In fact there were some quite famous ones.

I don't think that just beacause there are still Asian pirates today, thatthey should have them in the film. That sounds just a little too PC . I would rather them do whatever makes a good story.

I think being politically correct is a bit over-rated anyway...are we not all pirates here anyway?

:lol: