Filming has begun...possible spoilers ahead

Iron Bess

Well there ye go, the cannibal thing is true i guess.

Pirate Marty asked me to post these pics he sent me on the Crossing Blades, i had them a couple of days but couldn't share them until he told me himself to do so and i guess it's ok to share them here,

Marty's pics

That's DEFINITE cannibal in the first pic, cute guy! ;)

Oh by the way..(Sorry Bess bringing it up again), i do believe there's some truth in the Keith Richards thing afterall, since Johnny Depp did yet another interview he said it himself in they're negociating and the only problem is his busy schedules.

It was on Dutch tv/teletext too.

I don't know, we'll see but JD talks about it, has to be more then a rumour then.

hero.jpg

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that the Keith-Richards-Being-Jack's-Father rumor has a grain of truth to it in that Johnny and some of the producer/filmmaker types would really LIKE to have Keith Richards onboard for PotC 3 (or 2 or whatever). I just get the feeling they haven't been able to actually get him to sign on at this point, and whether or not they ever will is very much anyone's guess. Iron Bess said Richards hasn't signed on, so they don't have him in the cast or anything ... but I guess it COULD still happen ... right?!

Either way ... this all implies that SOMEone will be playing the role of Jack Sparrow's father ... and whoever that is, that will be one amusing role to see. ;-) It may rival Indiana and Henry Jones's delightful conversations (if that's possible) ...

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Yeah, that's it, and i cannot blame him.

I still feel though, i am sorry and i do love the Rolling Stones but i still cannot imagine him acting.

On the other hand, come on let's be honest..rowdy drunk type?

Sounds like the perfect pirate to me :lol:

hero.jpg

That's the thing of it exactly, Charity -- while I too am terrified that Keith Richards'll turn out to be a horrid actor (he's fantastic in the Stones, of course; but that doesn't make him an actor after all) ... how hard could it be for him to play a slightly-crazy, rowdily-drunk pirate??!?! :P:lol:

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

Supposedly Keith will not be in the 2nd one, but that doesn't mean the same for the 3rd one. That's what Bruckheimer said in person at the showing of Pirates this past January at the El Captian Theater in CA.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I don't know the curse is broken, as much as i would like it not to be although..Jerry himself has stated several times POTC2 is the last POTC theme ride connected movie..that would mean no curse in POTC 3 and..maybe Barbossa will be alive YOHOO..he deserves it, poor man :lol:

About Keith, Jack loving rum so much...maybe his dad loved it even more :P

hero.jpg

hmm, giselle and scarlette are on that list, that must mean that it finally tells you why they slap him. oh, and did anyone else find the secret interview easter egg? keith richards talking about having jack sparrow modelled on him.

The appearance of Scarlett and Giselle in the _3rd_ film, too, gives me hope that Jack Sparrow will not find his One Truw Luv in the gypsy queen ... which makes me very, VERY happy. Movie sequels have a tendency to insert Mary Sue love interests into their plots for a lack of any other decent plot ideas -- and I am SO terrified that they'll do something along those lines with PotC. But hopefully, this is a sign that I have no need for such a worry ... :D

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

I have to shake my head whenever people start going on about Depp's characters never getting the girl, especially in PotC. Think about it; he risked his life and won back the most important woman in his life - the Pearl - and returned to the mistress he loves and can't live without - the sea.

I heard some people yammering about this on the radio today and had to toss in my two cents. :lol:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Aye, an' there' ye 'ave it. When ye 'ave a ship an' th' sea, thar be little tyme fer other romances. Well...occasionally...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

They're kidding right?

Looks more like Cthulhu than Davy Jones.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I like the looks of that Davy Jones lad... the claw and tentacle for hands are kinda cool!

And, just my two doubloons worth, but I think Jack Sparrow should end up with Anna Maria (pirate lass!), instead of one of those other doxies... Scarlet and Giselle just don't seem to be his type... he'd be much happier at sea with Anna Maria, plundering and exploring, if that is what has to happen! ;)

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."