Filming has begun...possible spoilers ahead

Iron Bess

He has, is and will always do that

Without loosing focus on "real life" Barbossa and my uhm.."affection" for the man as well as the movie is what got me through the last years..i don't know what things would have been like or what i would be like had i not bought the dvd's  :huh:

Replace "Barbossa" with "Sparrow" and I know JUST what you mean ... :)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes :)

Just depends who you like most.

I know some people think adults shouldn't dream and swoon over actors etc and it's something for young girls..absolute bull!

Fantasizing makes life more fun and i love being "young at heart" it makes for more fun and easy going when times are hard.

I assume you had a hard time too so BIG HUGS!! bearhug.gif

hero.jpg

Nothing wrong with the fantasy..Heck I would love to sit on Depps lap as he is dressed like Sparrow..Actually Id rather keep him on a deserted Isle..but hey..it's only fantasy. And your right it does help one get through things.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

People miss the point of fantasy and fiction ... it's escapism, but it's also a coping mechanism, and there's nothing "immature" or "childish" about adults still using fiction as a tool to cope with life. This is one reason why I like Joseph Campbell's myth theory so much -- it's all about the idea that Story is something that, yes, entertains ... but what it really does is TEACH us; it's something that helps us grow and change and figure ourselves out through. I never got so wrapped up in PotC or pirates in general or Jack Sparrow that I started to ignore the real world ... but Jack's a wonderful coping-mechanism of a character (or Barbossa, if you prefer :) ) and I don't intend on giving 'im up! :huh::huh:

Stephen King said it absolutely the best, I couldn't say it better no matter how long I tried: "Life isn't a support system for art. It's the other way around."

That's it in a nutshell.

*hugs* back to Charity ... yes, it's been a long couple of years ... but fantasy and humor helps! :huh: Glad to hear we both found something to help in assisting us through!

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

it's escapism, but it's also a coping mechanism, and there's nothing "immature" or "childish" about adults still using fiction as a tool to cope with life
HEAR HEAR!! :D

Thank you for the hugs :)

I'm never forgetting real life either..it's just i cannot stop having POTC stuff around the house..heck i've got a POTC livingroom/wall :angry:

My POTC wall

hero.jpg

Hey you guys, what's that on the left side seems it's between his sash) which sticks out above the handle of his cutlass?

It looks like something bone or ivory, and i'm sure it wasn't there before! {option}

It's a glint of light off of his gun.

I'm never forgetting real life either..it's just i cannot stop having POTC stuff around the house..heck i've got a POTC livingroom/wall :lol:

My POTC wall

*grins* You make me feel SOOOOO much better about the fact that my living room walls have become decorated in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" decor style ... I've got two posters of Jack, one of 'Liz'beth, the official film poster, a "Dead Men Tell No Tales" poster, a small framed watercolor painting of boats on the ocean, and two framed photo posters, one of a sailing ship and one of a Caribbean sunset. I've also got palm tree couch pillows, with my Jack Sparrow hat and my Captain Kermit pirate plush sitting on the back of the sofa ...

(I shan't tell you that I've got two PotC posters in the bedroom as well ... oops. :lol::lol: )

But, as we have observed, obsession is good for the soul, right?! :lol::lol::lol:

(NOTE: Jealousy of your "Quills" photo ... is that SIGNED?!)

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

HAHA two fanatics meet :D

(I shan't tell you that I've got two PotC posters in the bedroom as well ... oops. tongue.gif laugh.gif )

Oh god..if you knew what is on my wall next to my bed...oops3.gif

But uhm..the signed pic, i got it along with a hand written letter from Geoffrey Rush when i had written to him :)

And the pics of Marty are signed by him too, i made the graphics they are on for him :)

It's early morning and i was getting ready for some sleep when i ran back down :D

*Slapping forehead* why didn't i think of this sooner?

Bootstrap Bill was the only one against Barbossa, got dumped..it's Will's father and Will is Jack's friend right?

This guy who playes Davy Jones in the movie wrote this (See pic).

First of all he's in both movies, so the story in this one will continue i guess, in POTC 3.

Read the story and think about it..what if Jack has made a deal to get Bootstrap Bill back?

That would be a good reason for Will to help Jack, as a return favor, for getting his dad back from Davy Jones's locker.

That would make sense wouldn't it?

Davy Jones

hero.jpg

LOL I wanted to get the Two Jack Sparrow talking Dolls to put one on either side of my bed on the nightstand and Hubby forbid me to do it..*pouts* I would have had sweet dreams every night..LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

i like your wall, charity. Its awesome! i wish i had enough room for something like that in my bedroom, all i've got decorated is the back of my door. theres too many shelves and windows and such in my room

OOPS sorry i only saw that now!

Well, the back of the door is better then nothing.

Tip, if there's the space for it, why not take a pic or tape and hang pictures from the edge of the shelves? :)

hero.jpg

But uhm..the signed pic, i got it along with a hand written letter from Geoffrey Rush when i had written to him  -_-

A hand-written letter from Geoffrey Rush?!?! That is WAY too awesome. I ought to write to him and tell him how much I enjoyed "Mystery Men" ... :)

Is that one picture a shot of you superimposed into a photo of Barbossa? Or is my high-speed internet connection screwing up pictures beyond recognition again?!?!

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

From the ohjohnny rumor mill.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors Central

Here's a rundown on the rumors we've heard about POTC2/3 - SPOILERS naturally!

Jack somehow looses the Black Pearl and her crew, makes a deal with Davy Jones, and thus endangers Elizabeth and Will when he draws them into his quest to fulfill his bargain with Davy Jones.

Jack is captured by cannibals, carried to their village on a stick/skewer, and somehow escapes being eaten (we know, he charms them and then they make him their chief)

The Flying Dutchman will be the ship Davy Jones sails in

All of Barbossa's pirate crew - except the three Will and Elizabeth blew up at the end of POTC1 - will be returning.

Only Gibbs and Marty (the Little Person on Jack's crew) show up (so far) in the sequels

Somehow some of the leads end up in a Turkish prison - bets are on Jack & Norrington

Elizabeth gets a chance to swordfight with 2 swords

Will and Jack end up fighting a giant squid/kracken/sea monster

Will and Elizabeth get married

Barbossa comes back

Jack wears a skeletal monkey's hand dangling from his belt

The women of Tortuga end up slapping Jack again

There are legendary Chinese pirates, including the one played by Chow Yung Fat

There's a female gypsy pirate going after Jack for revenge

From GirlAshley - the Gypsy Female Pirate may be Barbossa's daughter looking for revenge

Some of the ships we'll see include The Black Pearl, The Flying Ductchman, The Edinberg and a Chinese pirate ship

From Lesley - From www.imdb.com, where they list the actors and their characters, there is a "Will Turner's Arresting Officer", so Will is probably one ending up in the Trukish prision, and there is a "Boot strap" Bill Turner credited as Stellan Skarsgard. You can find the information here:

From Hilary: I saw Bill Nighly (sp?) on the BBC breakfast news a while ago and he let slip that he has a "pet monster"... this could well be the one mentioned under no. 8.

Coming from Aint It Cool News - Possible description of Davy Jones from a photography someone reported seeing: In the photograph there is a character emerging from waist high water, he is wearing an old english admirals coat, a sort of army/navy coat with the tassels on the shoulders etc, the coat is ragged and encrusted with barnacles and all the remnants of what appears to be someone living under the sea. But the most interesting thing is the head, it is not a human head, instead the character has a squid for a head with the tentacles coming down over the shoulders in a sort of dreadlock fashion, in the middle of the squid is a somewhat human face, well features at least.This really was insanely cool and evil looking,......

I'm sorry I can't provide you with a photo or more details but I give you my complete word that this character is real and im not bullsh**ting you, perhaps a mutant Davey jones, the dead man of the title?.

-----------------------------------------------------

LOL, Davey Jones has the head of a squid. :huh: Way too funny...and scary. :huh:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

OK, i'm just ging wild here, but since many (including me) have always thought Jack seems a little "Gypsy like..i think this would make a wonderful story line.

The gypsy woman is Barbossa's daughter but he didn't know of her, and so he get's to know her and finds out she's his daughter and then..somewhere along the line she turns out to be Jack's half sister (hence her not knowing hím) which would make Barbossa's daughter connect Barbossa and Jack more or less through herself :huh:

God that would be funny LOLOL..

hero.jpg

If the gypsy falls for Jack, fine. If Jack falls for the gypsy, I shall have to renounce the very existence of PotC 2 and 3, and that would be a very, very, VERY sad thing. Because they look to be so awesome in every other aspect. But if that were to happen ...

Ooohhhhh, how I hope Terry and Ted know better than to DO that ... B)

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

I think the whole thing sounds very unlikey but the cursed pirate thing does too ;)

I was just letting my fantasy go loose, no one knows in the end (except those on the inside) what it will be or not.

I find that canibal thing and Jack roasting above a fire a little far fetched too or is that just me? ;)

I'm in for fantasy though..throw it at me, i'll laugh loudly ;)

It's early morning and i was getting ready for some sleep when i ran back down ;)

*Slapping forehead* why didn't i think of this sooner?

Bootstrap Bill was the only one against Barbossa, got dumped..it's Will's father and Will is Jack's friend right?

This guy who playes Davy Jones in the movie wrote this (See pic).

First of all he's in both movies, so the story in this one will continue i guess, in POTC 3.

Read the story and think about it..what if Jack has made a deal to get Bootstrap Bill back?

That would be a good reason for Will to help Jack, as a return favor, for getting his dad back from Davy Jones's locker.

That would make sense wouldn't it?

Davy Jones

hero.jpg

slightly off topic....i remember someone asking where the bounty is going to be, etc...looks like shes gonna go all the way up ol miss in 2006. website doesn't say dates.

she just again left from st pete pier on june 23 (oh poo...woulda went down there, but was in aruba), in jacksonville on the 30th, and on up the coast to ga. wonder if they already finished filming her part. there are no dates for her from oct-on. maybe she'll head back down to the indies??

i was lucky enought to be on the bounty the day before they set sail to the caribbean (jan??). this is a pic i dr-ed up. it's some of the cast from the central florida pirate fest group. i'm right in the front w/ the poofy sleeves and a buckle across my chest.

piratefairbounty05.jpg

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones