Filming has begun...possible spoilers ahead

Iron Bess

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Tallship HMS Bounty newsletter.

ALWAYS A MOVIE STAR: On January 24, 2005, we left the Pier of St. Petersburg, Florida for Bayou La Batre, Alabama, our refit location for the movie. While in this sleepy little shrimping community, the Bounty had her masts removed and stripped to the natural wood. Most of the rigging was removed and replaced with new as well as a few design changes, nine new sails and much more. Bounty left Bayou La Batre February 28 for St. Vincent. She arrived safe and sound on March 14th, ahead of schedule for a stop in Miami and Puerto Rico for fuel. Bounty’s film responsibilities will end by May 26. On the way home, she will make a few stops, with a special return visit to Puerto Rico. We look forward to having her back on the East Coast for the summer sailing schedule.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Had a dream about the Bounty last night... didn't want to wake up! :)

Summer sailing on the east coast? So she's most definitely not coming along the Ol' Miss this summer? B)

I'm having Bounty withdraws!

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Aye, old your grog lass. The newsletter did mention the river trip.

"MISSISSIPPI BOUND: Have you ever seen a three-masted square-rigged ship on the Mississippi? On April 28, the 217th anniversary of the mutiny that made Bounty famous, the Bounty will leave Baton Rouge for an 8-10 city tour from Louisiana to Minnesota. Please keep checking the web site for more information and updates. The complete schedule will be available June 1, 2005."

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

but.... I told you he was going to be in a smidgeon of the movie months ago. :D

It's the third movie that will make you dance lass not the second. :wub:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

but.... I told you he was going to be in a smidgeon of the movie months ago. wink.gif

It's the third movie that will make you dance lass not the second. ph34r.gif

Yes I know :D

I posted in Lost Soul of Barbossa

I knew he was back but to me this puts the dots on the i :D

It's always great to see it appear officially and it doesn't get more official then IMDB i think.

And, i know you told us, i generally see you as the best source on the net :D

Abnd POTC3, oh i can't wait..but it's great to know we can atleast look forward to sóme of him, and any confirment of that is great!

:wub::D

hero.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, being the pirate that I am, I pirated this off another site.

It's in a language I don't recognize, but there's 12 pages. To see each page, up in the right hand corner is Jdi na: and a box. Just type in the next page number to see.

There are a lot of paparazzi photos of Keira and Johnny Depp. But at the end are some shots from POTC #1.

POTC#2

Actually I like seeing behind the scenes stuff - all the camera people, make-up, extras sitting around, etc.

**Please Iron Bess, don't have Disney shut it down!

Rumba Rue

** B) **

Did you notice that in several of the captions it says Chow Yun-Fat is also going to be in the movie? It didn't come up on IMDB though.

Duchess

Nope.

The replica Black Pearl was actually built on the east coast and now is in the Virgin Islands for filming (according to Bess and others).

The orginal Black Pearl was nothing more than a barge where only half the ship was built.

Rumba Rue

** :P **

Aye, I imagine we will have a few stop in here after their duties be performed to bragger about. The fun part will be telling the truth sayers from the bragkerts. :)

~Black Hearted Pearl

• 2 weeks later...