International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Cap'n Slappy

Ahoy! I be Cap'n Slappy of International Talk Like a Pirate Day semi-fame. I hope ye'll all be celebrating come September 19, but if this be the first ye heard of it, take a gander at our website http://www.talklikeapirate.com

Let Ol' Chumbucket, Jezebel the Web Wench or meself know what yer doin's are for the day and we will post it! In the mean time...warm up yer "arrrrs!" :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FlagnFlute777
:ph34r: Hi! I've never been here before, but I just wanted you all to know that I read Dave Barry's column and found out Sept. 19 is National Talk Like a Pirate Day.....which is also my birthday!!! I think that is so awesomely hysterical, so I had to find a site on it and tell somebody! Anyway, goodbye and God bless!

I usually talk like a pirate on the weekends at work. I'm delivery manager at a Lowe's Home Improvement. My desk is in the commercial sales/ building materials area. So when a customer asks for lumber I reply. Thar be no lumber only timbers matey. Or sheetrock be no good for ballast mate. Hoping to get the gang in my area to come aboard on the 19th.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

• 2 weeks later...