How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Love the pics!! The ship looks so great with the red sails..

excited. I am related to someone who was in the civil war. In Iowa, there wern't as many that joined, for either side, sometimes in the same family.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's happened! It's a go! Whoo- hooo!

My big news:

Boats and I will be moving sometime in November if not sooner to our very own HOME!

Yup, ,we bought a home in San Marcos, on the borderline of Escondido!

Actually, it's a manufactured home in a Senior Park (55 and older), 2 bedroom, 2 bath, good sized kitchen, with a sun room, 1608 sq. ft. (the sun room is not included in that measurement -as it was put on with no permit). There is a wonderful view of the mountains and a great breeze comes through! AND, my friends Dawn (who I share a vendor booth with at the Escondido faire) and Tony live just up the hill off the same road- just a couple of minutes away!

We are right near the Clubhouse that is huge that has a big kitchen, tv room, billard room, gaming room, meeting room and library. The jacuzzi is indoors along with an exercise room. The pool is only three feet deep along the sides and five feet deep in the center- at least that's what we were told....at least it's a pool.

Personally, I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet, with no loud parties til all hours of the morning, no burglaries/car break-ins/damage, no drug dealers, no south of the border types who have absolutely no respect for anyone else that live around them, no car alarms (do you know, there hasn't been a single day in the 13 plus years I've lived in this apartment, that some car alarm hasn't gone off!)

I won't be needing my china cabinet, because there is a built in display area in the dining room,and we just gave our big oak entertainment center to some people down the hall, because there just isn't a wall big enough to put it.

With so much room, we actually don't have enough furniture to sit on, with the exception of our futon that acts as our couch, I guess we will use some of our chairs we use for events, including our camping chairs....lol.....

The only thing I am not liking is the foot feeling good plush WHITE CARPETING throughout including the bathrooms!

We will have to take the carpeting out of the bathrooms and I suggested just putting down some peel and stick tiles till we can afford new flooring.

I truly got sticker shock when I started checking on flooring.....whoa! To put vinyl or laminate throughout I was looking at damn near 9 grand! I think we'll have white carpeting for quite some time.....

We got the home inspection today, most was in good condition....there seems to be a question about the plumbing as water isn't coming out of the shower head in the first bathroom and there's wetness under the house (which sits on piers); the foundation people come out tomorrow to check that and they will actually fix the foundation if it's not level from what I understand and see if they can figure out where the water is coming from and we have a plumber inspector coming out on Thursday to see what is going on.

Hopefully this will be something the seller will have to fix, as the water heater had been leaking and that has now been fixed.

We were also told the roof will have to be replaced in about 5 years or less...... :P

Buying a house is a real eye-opener! :P

It's been a rather stressful time, more for Boats than me....I'm just packing boxes..... :P

I should be in bed for my 5 am wake up.. but I wanted to say congrats on your home, Rumba!

Siren, you know you have my support and my good wishes.. if that can help.

Jill, sounds like a grand time! I'm sure you will remember your excitement for a long time.

anyway, I'm doing better; my tendonitis in my shoulder is going away, I dont have cancer that spread to my bones, I dont have much extra money but I can pay my bills, I have another faire this weekend and then get to see friends in MNRF the week after..

so its all good!! woohoo!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Sorry to hear that Bess...

and congratulations Rumba...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Huggles Bess..No you cannot be forlorn..I forbid it..Let's go pillaging..

Rumba! That is awesome..

And I finally have started me own business! The Smuggler's Cove!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

'bout time! Success with it

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Relaxed and much the better/happier for blowing bloody hell outta some targets. ;)

The mate and I went to the local gun range and proceeded to give the people there a show on the use and 'accuracy' of blunderbusses. Knocked over one target and the lead spatter that was melted into the surface brought a smile to me lips. 'Twas a sight, 200 grains black powder and 10 .50 cal roundshot down the muzzle. Yes, we live-fire our weapons...to keep our hand in for repelling borders, ye understand.

"Don't worry, it's not My Blood!"

Missing my husband and awaiting our reunion on sunday morning

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Nervous. :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

alone....

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

I'm anxious, excited and overwhelmed............escrow closes on Oct. 20.............I can hardly wait to move!

celebrate-vi.gif

(Hug) Oh GOODY!! You can have us all over for Tiki Drinks!! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:lol: You can call your place the Nasty Parrot Inn, and have that little x-rated talking bird you bought in Ojai greet people at the door. LOL :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

I still kick myself for not grabbing one before we left. I didn't remember until we were halfway home. :lol:

Best wishes on your move, Rumba!

And, how do I feel?

Better, my cold is finally going away and my throat doesn't hurt.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

CRAPPY!!! It's almost midnight, I'm still at work, and I just found out the girl who has only been at my job for a year is now making more money than me.

I've been working at this place for almost 5 years and I always get excellent reviews, work my butt off, take on extra responsibilities and I'm a team player.

I think I might just be getting screwed! :lol:

Actually that can't be, if I was getting screwed I might enjoy it.... :lol: