How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Annoyed.

I was in a lunch meeting today to learn about the HSA account that is a recent medical option at our company. Several of us had meetings and such to go to afterwards, so we didn't have the luxury of sticking around; we wanted to eat and find out the important points of this account. However, we had the misfortune of having the presentation done by a woman, who was - in the most flattering terms - oblivious. She prattled on about where to find things in their website, information that we could have easily discovered for ourselves. And although she mentioned stopping for a break so that a roomful of very hungry people could actually get some food, she continued to prattle on, oblivious to the eyes glazing over and the eyes being glued to the sandwiches (call me wacky but I thought the point of a lunch meeting was that we interact with the food rather than just stare at it longingly...) I tried to get the HR manager's attention, but she was too busy filling in the huge informational gaps the idiot was neglecting and giving us the information we actually needed.

Also, since I am hypoglycemic, I was starting to get the shakes so when I had more than enough of this woman's idiotic babblings, I got out of there, made my own damn lunch and got ready for my meeting. Near the end of the presentation, our HR manager said that perhaps the employees should be given the chance to eat. I listened as everyone descended on the table like a pack of wolves, grabbed their sandwiches and bolted out of there. I nabbed a small piece of sandwich - it was soggy from having waited all that time.

GRRRRRR - next time I'll just ask for a memo; I can find the information I need for myself and not waste a precious hour of my time listening to an idiot.

EDIT: Talked to our HR person. She concurred with my assessment and said that she is switching brokers so as to not deal with this woman ever again. YAY!

RHJMap.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)

Problem, Sterling?

Impatient 'bout what, Hester?

:::nods::: :huh: oh, what a wild ride you were taken, aye, Jill?

Tis amazing some of the people out there, aye?

Welp, today... I'm feeling a bit pacified and mellow. A tad bit annoyed.

Well... I offered to run my step dad to work then come immediately back as a manager had to go due to a family emergency. Well, the soon-to-be General Manager refused to come back and no one else was able to take the new assistance manager's place. Eventually another assistance manager came in from the downtown little spot and stayed.

Well, I did return and worked practically the whole day. I didn't mind it. But what bugged me is that later that evening they brought another lady in to take over the place of the assistant managers. Well, apparently it sounds like they are going to give her a higher position and she's not been there as long as I and this other gal have been (which the both of us are more knowledgable). And I've mentioned to practically each one of them my desire to learn it all and formally trained just in case of issues like this which do arise often and for hopes of advancement. Nope... so, I'm mighty annoyed that I'm being overlooked and snubbed. Yeah, makes me feel rather valuable. Especially when I work my bum off for a place and get no recognition for it. :::le sigh::: What was the term a friend of mine is starting to use for those of us that get trampled on like this.... ?

SERFDOM! B)

~Lady B

:(

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Impatient 'bout what, Hester?

Hi, Lady B. (sorry to hear about your work hassles).

Oh, I was just waiting for Mr. H. to come home and take me out to dinner.

We had a lovely meal at one of our favourite Thai restaurants.

So this morning, I'm feeling rather...

replete! :ph34r:

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Excited about our newer little car, but bummed because we now have a car payment again — we'd been payment clear for five years. But, it's a small payment, so not too bad....I guess. <_<

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I"m tired of calling the flipping insurance and then getting the wrong dept every time. 10 minutes lost of my cell minutes AND my break yasterday. I decided to get Cobra instead of my crappy work insurance. $400/ month for 2 months. yikes.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Hmm you ladies sound like you need an afternoon poolside with cocktails

I know could use that. and a big fun sun hat. Yeah...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Great!

I was at Coos Bay this weekend, and their library was having a book sale. Did I score! Came back with seven hardback books, and five paperbacks, all for only eleven dollars. Here are some of the hardback titles I snagged. B)

The Great South Sea — English Voyages and Encounters 1570-1750 by Glyndwr Williams

His Majesty's Highwayman by Donald Barr Chidsey

The Ocean Sailing Yacht by Donald Street (Actually, Chain Shot scored this one).

And to top it off, the schooner Lynx was in port, and we got a chance to visit with Captain Killick again, who was captain on the Lady Washington the first time we went out in her.

AND, the weather was gloriously sunny all weekend.

Life is good! And due to get better — NorCal Pyrate Festival next weekend! Yahooo B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Well... a hug is a begining.

I know JUST what you mean however.

If you wanna talk just PM.... I'll be off line until tomorrow morning though. Back to the Dr's fer me, Yo Ho! B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

just tween you me and 2000 pirates, I"m damn scared. Right now they will take about a golf-ball sized chunk of my left breast, based on the xrays of 2 weeks ago. If they find more, or its more agressive then thought, it will be more and possibly chemo..

adding on to that, my town might be evacuated because of flooding.

put a fork in me, I'm done. :)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

PISSED BEYOND BELIEF!

;)

(hugg)

Thanks Iron Bess....but it's going to take a miracle to get through this one...

;) I sooo hope it's not your Martian Boss causing you such anger.

And Mary — you hang tough, girl. I'm on the wrong coast to be much help, other than to send prayers your way. Consider a truckload enroute. ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg