How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

AMEN, Dorian!!! :huh:

Aye, you are right. Nothing's worse than being Politically Correct. Annoys me most when people come to things like this and then bitch about it, expecting something else that is not true. If they didn't want their kids to be affected, then stay home!

But true, Sterling. I don't often see kids bothered by such realities. They are stronger than what adults credit them with. I think it's more our sick perception and our own past troubles, assuming what others are going to do or thinking. Sad. Very sad.

Oh, it's a twisted society we live in.

Thanks, Red Bess and Christine.

Step Dad is fine. His procedure went well. Grandma is stable but still on the rocks.

But we had another scare yesterday. My niece was sent to the hospital to get some tests done. Apparently a mass was found in her lympnoid (?). They ran some tests yesterday. It put everyone on edge and quite the scare. No way is she out of the woods yet, but they are conducting more tests and she's going in on monday to see the Pediatrican about this. So, keeping our fingers crossed that it's not the advanced stages of the deadly kind. She's only 7 years old, mates.

A co-worker told me "well, when it rains, it pours"... I told her "In this case, it's a bleedin' FLOOD!"

:::Hugs for Christine:::

madness, isn't it? And one feels kinda helpless cause it seems the doctors can barely help.

Prayers ye get better, Christine. I can sympathize. :huh: :::another hug:::

Have fun, Rumba! :) Be safe lass! Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get back.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prayers coming your way lady barbossa, hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

christine, have you thought of contacting phil for alternativfe suggestions? he may be able to help.

as for myself - i'm feeling pretty good - for the shape i'm in - looking forward to midsummer fire rehearsal tomorrow! :lol:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

I've been talking with Phil about all this. He also agreed that acupuncture might work for me. I'm realizing the dizziness is then followed with migraines. I'm getting migraines at least once a day now. They range in different levels of pain. Sometimes they'll just be dull and then other times full blown pain. This past Friday I went to the doctor. They ran tests, did some lab work and all came back normal. Which didn't surprise me. I explained that this is all hormonal, but doctors just don't get it. And this was a woman doctor! :huh: Yeah, I may seriously have to look into acupuncture. A co-worker of mine had it done and it helped her a lot. Taking migraine medicine is like putting a band-aid on the problem, but not actually fixing it.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

:::hugs to Christine:::

Hang in there. Yeah, Doctors can be rather worthless. And they went to many years of med school for what? I find nurses to be more helpful than Doctors. Or even pharmasists.

Don't just dismiss something like that as merely hormonal, m'dear. Let's hope that it is just that. But even hormones can cause other troubles, too.

Worse comes to worse... could find a witch doctor. Have Jack Sparrow as the interpreter. :)

~Lady B

:huh:

Darn glad I have one more day off :huh::huh:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Extremely uncertain and in need of a cigarette...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

and apologetic.. Sorry Briar about not calling last night, not able to, will call Tuesday when it is the right time for you...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

No problem, Captain. Just hope you are feeling better. Hugs to ya.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Thanks Briar...

Here's to tomorrow night! :huh:

Crewe of the Archangel

Christine.. check online to see if there is a forum for your type of problem. It helps if someone else has had the same problem and went through all the stuff to see what does and doesn't.. webmd is pretty good, and gyn online sites. It almost sounds like your BP is going up or spiking. If you have your BP cuff, try taking it when you have the headaches.

-----

I'm tired.. tired of bs and trying to get by, and making plans that don't go anywhere and mostly.. being alone. I go out but its mostly by myself. I miss that someone would call everyday to see if I was ok.. and that I liked the color blue.

does any of that make sense?

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Aye it makes sense... take a breather and give it time...

Crewe of the Archangel

Christine.. check online to see if there is a forum for your type of problem. It helps if someone else has had the same problem and went through all the stuff to see what does and doesn't.. webmd is pretty good, and gyn online sites. It almost sounds like your BP is going up or spiking. If you have your BP cuff, try taking it when you have the headaches.

-----

I'm tired.. tired of bs and trying to get by, and making plans that don't go anywhere and mostly.. being alone. I go out but its mostly by myself. I miss that someone would call everyday to see if I was ok.. and that I liked the color blue.

Here's what I'm noticing and friends and co-workers have pointed it out to me. The migraines are coming almost everyday, but only when I'm at work. Meaning, work is triggering it. I'll be pretty much okay until I start to get closer to work. I'll start to get dizzy as I walk in thru the door of work. Slight anxiety sets in, a slow building migraine starts. By the time I'm done with work the migraine has grown. I suffer then from the migraine at home. I worked this past Sunday, came home with a bad migraine. Yesterday I worked, came home with a bad migraine. On Saturday I was off, no migraine, no dizziness, no anxiety. My job is stressful, but before I never was really affected by it. Now tho I can't handle the stress like I used to. It could be part of the hormonal issue as well, it makes it harder to deal with stuff. I had a few co-workers point this out to me. They said they noticed I actually looked more stressed than usual lately. I looked like I was suffering from a migraine, it showed in my face. The one girl told me how her last job, she was there for almost 8 years. Some personal stuff hit her hard and then everytime she'd go in to work she started getting panic attacks. She'd be fine outside of work, but at work it was making her physically ill. It got to the point where she had to leave on disability, she just couldn't take it anymore. It was not worth her health to stay. Maybe with some changes I've done since January this is my body's way of saying it can't handle the stress at work anymore. I dunno, but now that I think about it I have had a migraine everytime I'm at work for quite awhile now. On the days off I feel pretty good.

Surprisingly my blood pressure has been pretty good. I have one of my own and check it quite often. It was only high when I first stopped the pill in January. Since then it's been normal. I dunno, I'm going to talk to my doctor about all this. Maybe I might seriously need to consider going on disability. I know quite a few women, friends of my sister and my aunt, my mom also had to leave a job because it was making her physically ill.

*hugs to you Merry* Hope things get better for you too. :ph34r:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

-----

well, we did talk for 6 hours yesterday, nerry. and i like the color blue too! :ph34r:

and i'm pulling for you, too, christine! :ph34r:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

hugs Snow, gives her a cookie and blows her a kiss..

that we did! and as much as I really like you, every once in a while I would like to cuddle something male and whiskery. :) on the other hand, I had a great time chatting. Someday... we will meet.

Christine.. I am a believer in trying to get away from drugs if at all possible. You can try peppermint oil on your wrists and eating peppermints to settle your nerves. Bio-feed back can help too.

I have 3 co-workers who take anti-anxiety drugs and it seems like they always have trouble with them.. getting tired, then being hopped up, not taking them on time.. not worth THAT hassle.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I've felt worse, and I've felt much more bet'er. I be longing fer some daylight...stinking cor-pirates stole all me winders and shoved me whole crew down below witout none! Stupid 'white noise' machine they installed in the upper vents still be annoying as heck. But I will feel much bet'er once I get home an can sit on deck with rum in one hand and me blade in the other ..... Com'On Four O' Clock!!!

:lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Better.. having a grapefruit juice and capt.. I guess that makes it a sour pirate? tired tho.. I raked the yard and the wind blew all day. Rake the leaves.. watch them blow back.. rake the leaves... damn them all to the neighbors yard.. watch them blow back into my flower garden.

:) feeling groovy tho.

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Bone weary..... :blink:

Workin for a change? ;)

Get some rest.

Crewe of the Archangel

Mirthful.....You just can't watch the antics of seven, week-old goslings, and not smile. :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Exhausted.

Too tired to sleep but sleepy nonetheless.

Seeing photos from PyrateCon has been helping me keep my mind on track. Difficult since my memory really is starting to get bad. :huh: Forgetting lots of things mostly within the short term. Long term is not too bad.

Still lots going on with real life... but it's kinda at the plateau stage.

:::hugs to Christine::: I'm still prayin' for ya.

Aye, stress and anxiety is a major problem and that's not cool if it's causing issues when you go to work.

What curses we women have. B) Tis not fair.

Get well soon. And hopefully that blood pressure will come down soon enough.

To everyone else... hugs as well.

~Lady B

:huh: