Anything in Washington?

Silent

Seafair is a time when the pirate groups all seem to come out of the woodwork, last part of July. In the meantime, there are lots of excuses to run around in pirate garb or just absorb some maritime atmosphere. Tonight, for example, Hank Cramer is at the Center for Wooden Boats in Seattle with The Constellation's Crew, a loose association of chantey singers, for a great night of music.

Music at the Wawona is usually the third Saturday of the month and chantey sings are the second Friday. All are welcome. We can always use new voices.

Fair winds,

Trapper

Captain of the Tinker's Damn

Theres always the Gig Harbor Renn Fest in August?

Then there are maritime fests in Port Angeles

As well as Tacomas tallship fest., these are all close to Seattle..., I am in Centralia., thats about 80 miles south of Seattle..., and these places are pretty easy to get to for me.

Not alot of Piratatical events so far inland I suppose there werent many pirates in Spokane., however getting together a troup of friends who are into having fun with you is the real key., We do live 80 miles away from most events., and the events dont come to often..., there fore we get into our kits as often as we can . Consider this

(4th of july) Cannons and tricorns there mate!

Halloween !

Thanksgiving was created pre 1700 !

And of course there is New Year ?

Then comes the 4th again and whatever event we can find.

Being a pirate may not be so much an event as an enjoyable bit of living throughout your own life..,

At least thats the way we do it.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Ahoy!

I'm a pirate in Washington - in Ilwaco, on the "Long Beach Peninsula" - also close to Astoria, Or.

I'm a new user in this group.

I have a business here and we are currently remodeling to make our studio much more pirate friendly... We'll be doing pirate portraits, parties & having all kinds of pirate and mermaid adventures! :)

I don't have a website up just for the pirate stuff yet, but you can see some of our pirate art at www.paintnthetownred.com

The tall ships are coming here the 2nd weekend in May & the 1st wknd June. We plan to kick it off then - if not before! All pirates are welcome and I'll buy the rum! :D

Would love to meet some fellow pirates! :D

It's a Pirate's Life for Me!

mermaidpirate.jpg

Aye! :)

They'll be in Ilwaco!

LADY WASHINGTON ITINERARY

Arrives in Ilwaco at 4:00 p.m. on May 11, 2005

May 12th – School programs –

Dockside tours 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.

13th – School programs –

Dockside tours 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.

14th – Dockside tours 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

Sails 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Sails 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

15th – Dockside tours 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

16th - Departs

Arrives in Ilwaco on June 3, 2005

June 3rd – Dockside tours – no schedule available

4th - Dockside tours – no schedule available

Sails 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

5th – Dockside tours 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

6th – School programs -

Dockside tours - no schedules available

6th – Departure – no schedule

mermaidpirate.jpg

The address for our studio is 120 First Ave. South - in downtown Ilwaco. Our gallery is located at the port of Ilwaco - it's called The Crew House.

But if you make it to Ilwaco - you can find it. There are 2 areas in Ilwaco - downtown and the port - they are only a few blocks apart...

I say every day is a good day to dress like a pirate!

As every pirate knows - money makes the world go round:

The tall ships will be charging $8 for dockside tours and $45 for 3 hour sail. Student & Sr discounts available.

However, if you are here for the grand arrival - you can tour for free at that time. They'll also be a reception - at the Heritage Museum - for the tall ships crew and anyone hanging around on the arrival date in May. Free food and beverages :huh:

I'm thinking I may have an after hours party at my studio - just across the street - or we may all go to the local bar - or both...

I haven't firmed up any plans for our grand opening or activities for that weekend - but we'd love to have any fellow pirates join in on the fun and festivities. Would be much obliged for any help and can't promise loads of loot at this point - but would never let me ship mates go hungry or thirsty!

Hope to see you in Ilwaco - where are you coming from?

mermaidpirate.jpg

Ahoy - a virgin pirate! (Word spreads quickly throughout the ship)

I'm one myself - Although I come from a long line of pirates - I've never been to an official pirate meet either and am new to this pirate forum.

I'm not sure how many pirates will wash up for our events here, but so far we have a few... Hopefully more will come out of the woodwork!

COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE! :huh:

There won't be anything complicated - we're very laid back - nice pirates! Just hoping to meet some fellow pirates and have a fun weekend!

We're excited about the tall ships coming to Ilwaco and meeting their crew should be fun!

By May, you may have found some other fun events to attend - hope to see you here.

Check the calendar listing - I will post additional events/info as I have it. I also have it listed as a topic in the RAIDS section.

mermaidpirate.jpg

Aye, 'tis great to see all of this excitement over the Tallships this year!..Just a reminder,tho..The Tallships Challenge 2005 begins June 23 in Victoria, and ends August 11-14 in Los Angeles.. All of these other happenings in April, May, and June are 'pre-events'...Still great fun, but some clarification be necessary to stay focused on the BIG event!Tallship Challenge 2005 homepage

:huh:

Aye, the PDX Pirates and BOOM raid the Lady each spring as she makes her way home North from warmer southern Waters.

Last year we booked nearly the entire ship in Coos Bay and ended up on the 11 0'clock news..... Ye can see pictures at our friend MacKay's hat site: Captain Jack's Pirate Hats Gallery

This year Ms. Jenna's invite (and the fact that the dates no longer conflict with Glastonbury Ren Faire in Newport, OR) is makin' it quite likely we'll be joinin' her in Ilwaco!

Silent... We started the PDX Pirate Calendar and Yahoo Group, so that Newcomers like yerself could join us... we be a friendly bunch!

You can see what's coming at .... PDX Pirate Raid Calendar

note we'll be in Tacoma, WA this Friday!

Harbormaster ... likewise fer ye! Hope to be crossing blades sometime soon!

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update:

Battle Renactment sails have been added/ scheduled for Sat & Sunday of the May visit! - see calendar for updates & info

B)B)B)B)

* Pirate Party tantatively scheduled to follow the 6-9 sail on Saturday.

Waiting to confirm final details so can coordinate with official raid - PDX Pirates (Portland area)

http://pub.pyratesr.us/

mermaidpirate.jpg