Lawsuit about POTC

Charity

See this is the problem. The whole myth of pirates and freakin' buried treasure has become too universal. It's OK to write about pirates without a box buried in the sand! Sure, it's a bit wierd that he and Disney both thought about pirates returning treasure instead of stealing it, but it's a fairly obvious stab at irony on an old cliche that anyone could think of.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Hmmmm... seems this lad has Pirate in his blood.

And someone is going to make him bleed. ;)

I think I have to stand by Ted and Terry. I never saw two guys work as hard as they do. ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I always have a problem when some says their idea has been stolen years after a film has been released. The fact he has not allowed his film to be seen by anyone makes his claim a bit dodgey to say the least. I call it for Ted & Terrie on this one.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Where there is success, there are people jealous of that success and they must try to gain what they have typically not earned. It's a thin point this person is making. (Yet, Disney could well wind up paying him to salvage their image...)

Ted and Terry are excellent and creative writers. I doubt seriously from what I've read of them and heard them say that they would steal other people's material. The truth is we're all influenced by what goes on around us and it appears in whatever creative ventures we undertake. That doesn't usually make it legal fodder...unless there's a lot of money involved.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I think I have to stand by Ted and Terry. I never saw two guys work as hard as they do.

I do too, i'm a mega Disney fan and when i see how the Disneyland park in Paris is made i know that's developed by geniouses, why would a company like Disney need to, and indeed risk to steel idea's?

Or anyone working for or with Disney.

This is so obviously a form of trying to profit of the succes of this movie..pirate indeed :huh:

hero.jpg

This is old news down Altamonte Springs way. The guy has been hyping his version for a while, seeming to cash in on the box office success. I think he's full of it actually - particularly since 1) he won't show anyone his short, and 2) he can't find a lawyer who thinks it's worth his time. And there are plenty of starving attorneys down this way who would love to make a good case against Disney. Just look at the guy who represented Tigger, the psycho pedofile...

And yes, it pains me that he's from my new hometown... Gadzooks!!!!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I think this is the heart of his complaint:

Mathew hopes his lawsuit will grab the attention of the movie's lead actor.

If the lawsuit doesn't work, maybe he should try streaking the Oscars. That would be just about as effective in getting Johnny Depp's attention, i.e. not at all!

even if he has a short with a theme similar to the movie...who has seen it? has anyone seen it? where is it? why doesn't he let people see it? i think he has didley squat, and is probably trying to make a short film with an old camera in hopes that he can get into a court room and show it. he's just a money grubbing modern pirate who needs a severe fonging

and yeah...no one can get johnny depp's attention! he doesn't give two cents about the idiotic ravings of imbicils.

this guy is just looking for media coverage and attention... B)

and yeah...no one can get johnny depp's attention! he doesn't give two cents about the idiotic ravings of imbicils.

Well, I have to say that's not quite true.. He's a lovely guy and very sincere however I doubt he'd even be involved in anything of this nature since he did not write the movie.

Why this fellow seems to want Depp's attention is a puzzle. B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well, I have to say that's not quite true.. He's a lovely guy and very sincere

Did you get lucky enough to meet any of the actors?

Sorry if this has been asked before *blush*, i may have missed it.

I think Johnny is a sweet guy, from what you can see.

It's a petty it's virtually impossible for fans to write to or get replie back from him, i know there's fans out there who are really disapointed.

I've nothing to complain about in that dept. Geoffrey is so generous :)

hero.jpg

Mathew hopes his lawsuit will grab the attention of the movie's lead actor.

Well, this just goes to prove that Johnny Depp has made the "big time" in Hollywood. I hope he doesn't go into hiding because of his tremendous success.

;)

Well, I have to say that's not quite true.. He's a lovely guy and very sincere

Did you get lucky enough to meet any of the actors?

Sorry if this has been asked before *blush*, i may have missed it.

Yes, as a part of my job actually.

Being in Talent Administration and Production Coordination we have close working relationships with our actors, producers, directors , casting people and so on.

And it's not as wonderful as you might think. The danger of this job is in admiring an actor for years, loving what they do, then they come here, you meet them and work with them and find out thst at their core they are scum.

Yeah, it has it's good and bad points. :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...

it is lawsuits like this that slow down our legal system to a slugs pace. Disney beat him to a punch..get over it .

Also..POTC is a better title then anyting with Bimbos..not saying Bimbos are a bad thing but i would rather a pirate movie have a better title.

argg it makes me mad :D

And it's not as wonderful as you might think. The danger of this job is in admiring an actor for years, loving what they do, then they come here, you meet them and work with them and find out thst at their core they are scum.

Yes, that's been my experience. Well, maybe not scum at the core, but just regular folks with regular interests, needs, weaknesses and problems.

Of course, overzealous, overbearing and delusional fans along with greedy paparazzi provide them with more than regular problems in some areas of life.

Me, I like 'em fine in the movies. That's where they belong, I don't care if I meet any more "stars" or not.

______

"A pedestal is as much a prison as any small, confined space."

-Gloria Steinem

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I feel different.

I have had my share of "stars meeting" , mostly musicians, who turned out to be complete *ssh*les and i didn't really care.

I just drop them and that's it, but meeting actors, which i have (most wonderful experience, Tim Russ/Mr. Tuvok from Star Trek) has upto now been a wonderful experience.

And, the thing is, to find out they are just normal people with normal likes and dislikes is precisely what makes me like an actor.

I cannot stand the "I'm a star" crap, the more normal they are the more wonderful and the more i respect them.

I find there is nothing more fun then to spend time with a so called "star" finding out he or she is very down to earth and talk about average things, hobbies, likes or dislikes or whatever :)

Take Geoffrey Rush, he wrote me a very nice letter, hand written, that makes me respect him, he's a friendly and down to earth man.

I would love to see him in person sometimes but wouldn't gravely intrude into his privacy, it's a shame so many do and i cannot blame them if that turns them less open and friendly!

hero.jpg

Take Geoffrey Rush, he wrote me a very nice letter, hand written, that makes me respect him, he's a friendly and down to earth man.

Yes, yes, Bess has managed to convince me that he's a nice guy (not that I thought much either way about Jeffrey Rush before she and I conversed). (However, I've also heard he's very particular...perhaps bordering on anal. :D Or maybe he's just precise and professional. You say potato, I say potahto.)

Just as in every field, there are some really good folks, some really bad folks, and a whole lot of regular folks.

As far as actors I am familiar with, Sean Connery is a great example of what an actor should be IMO. Up front, unapologetically honest, professional and ready to leave the set when it's time to be left. And if you don't agree with him...he doesn't care. He still believes what he believes regardless of other people's feelings on the matter.

Mission_banner5.JPG

you meet them and work with them and find out that at their core they are scum

That's what I like about Harrison Ford... he's really mostly a down to earth guy. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting with or writing any of the actors on PotC, however...

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.