Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JollyRoger03

Pirate Ship replicas

8 posts in this topic

Ok I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find Replica's of Pyrate ships? I found a couple models by Lindberg but not much else. Can someone guide me to the light so to say? :) :ph34r:

I would also be interested if anyone knows of any great do-it-yourself wooden pirate ship model kits, and where to get them...

editor's note: I'm moving this topic to Plunder

You might want to try a catalog company called.. Prestons by the Sea. They are also to be found on the web. I know they carry a variety of ship models...... Happy hunting...... The Capt.

wood pirate ship Adventure

plastic pirate ship models

Lindberg models

CAPT EDWARD TEACH BLACKBEARD PIRATE SHIP $13.00

CAPT MORGAN PIRATE SHIP $13.00

"14"" CAPTAIN KIDD PIRATE SHIP" $13.52

"16"" JOLLY RODGER PIRATE SHIP" $13.00

also made but mostly hard to find;

barbary pirate

airfix makes 'revenge' Presumably Drake's 1588 flagship

Lindburg models are some of the most miserable models I have ever had the displeasure of putting together and I say that Airfix is no better

I plan on getting a good Revell ship like the 'spanish galleon','Batavia' or 'H.M.S.Victory' and make it a pirate ship.Revell models are consistantly mediocre,but usually don't give me any major problems.I've yet to see a Lindburg go together without some kind of extreme modification.

I've been looking for some of the old Tamiya ship models,but they are hard to find.Tamiya are a rare pleasure to put together.

Took a quick look through the listing for some of those wood/metal models. Those are the same quality I've seen in museums! Saw some real beauts!

Thanks for the Link! :ph34r:

I just got the "Adventure" wooden model for my husband for his birthday. Looking at the parts, it should be a beauty when he and my son finish it up!