Where'd You Get Your Avatar?

Bilgemunky

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrr, ye scurvy scallywags, of course me Avatar was the booty of a darin' raid. We was sailin' the stormy stinkin waters on the internet, ponderin' what a fittin' avatar we could conjur up, when suddenly lightnin' struck the foremast and sent us right down the gorges of doom. Only the top of the mast an' tha lookout crowded with what was left over from me crew pointed towards the cloud-ridden sky and then - lightning struck yet again, this time right in side me brains (that bein' a hurtin' experience, I'll tell ya) and there was the thought, of me early European brethren, feared by (almost) all the wanky seafarers of their time: Red Beard, the pyrate from the Asterix comics - so Idecided to raid their memorial website, grab meself a wallpaper in the process an' cut it so it'd fit in here.

An' now no more talking, hand me the mug o' rum :huh:

Signed,

Cpt. William Kidd

My avatar came from my most recent return to Panama trip in August. It is of the Cathedral Tower in Panama Viejo destroyed in 1671 when Henry Morgan and his band of 1400 sacked the city.

pv88.jpg

My pic in my signature pic came from San Fernando in Portobelo Panama. The fort was taken by Admiral Vernon in 1758.

sfllpano01.JPG

If you want to see a high res pic of the lower level of San Fernando click here.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

My avatar represents one of my favorite things, theme parks and coasters. This is a pic of one of my favorite rides, The Loch Ness Monster, at Busch Gardens Williamsburg Va. The trains rarely interlock as shown in the picture so I took two pictures and later combined the images with Adobe photoshop. Another one of my favorite rides is "Pirates of the Carribean" but i did not have any pictures of that, savvy?

smallerlmni.jpg

Loch Ness Monster, and I didn't even have to read your text. From the look of the park nothing was torn down as I drove by there on Saturday and Sunday.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Drew it, scanned it, uploaded it to photobucket, and slapped it into my avatar spot. ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Wot poseessed ye to pull this thread outta Davy Jones Locker? I'm sure he lookin fer it now..LoL..Noted most post were 2003... Iron Bess has not aged at all..Hee Hee...

Eye do most me own art work including me avatar/signature though I do get 'assistance' now and again.. :blink:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Back in 2005 a friend of mine was studying photography and had access to his school studio.

He was working on his portfolio, and I needed a portret photo for mine, so we did a photoshoot.

My avatar is taken from one of those photos. I don't have any of them online I'm afraid, one of them is with my designer bio in my portfolio though :)