Where'd You Get Your Avatar?

Bilgemunky

Wow. This is older than the thread we have in Beyond Pyracy! You certainly dredged up an antique, Mad Jack. (We used to have an older thread on this topic but they cleaned up Beyond in 2005 and deleted everything more than a few months old. :lol: Lost many pages of responses to this question.)

Anyhow, the parallel thread is here.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is a composite of various stolen images, mainly a playing card from MS Solitaire.

I superimposed the stolen skulls over the card designs and "weathered" it, and tah-dah, the Ace of Skulls.

-Aedon

Me mum named me Aedon.

Me mates call me Lucky.

Me enemies call me a bastard.

And anyone in a position of authority calls me

"that lucky bastard Aedon."

It's a picture of a relative, cool huh?

~Black Nate~

Brenpen185.jpg

A ship in a puddle is better than no ship at all

Dear Saint Brendan, to mention your name is to recall much travelling.

It was in relation to voyages that you emerged as a popular Saint.

The Irish became great travelers thus spreading their faith everywhere.

Protect not only mariners but also all those who go down to the sea in ships. Amen.

Mine came from a genuine photograph of the roughest, toughest, meanest pyrate thar be in the 1700's. :rolleyes:

Then I be embarassed to find out that thar were no photographs in the 1700's. :lol:

So I just used this har one instead. :lol:

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Aye, an old thread!

Welp... mine... is obviously Barbossa (one of the many promo pics done) with myself added in. I have another copy that has "Don't mess with the Captain and the Lady" written in the avatar.

I various avatars on various other forums. But the above is for the Pub.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Mine, I heisted from a colonial Massachusetts tombstone website. Average stuff in coastal New England.

Here's a story: There's a colonial-era cemetary in my old hometown (Bristol, R.I.) where the town moved all the headstones to a lot across the street but left all the buried coffins behind so they could make a "town common" (baskeball & tennis courts, etc), and I'm hoping there will be some kind of inevitable poltergeist uprising.

SHIP2-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hehe, i made my avatar in paint shop pro 7. i wish i were more skillful in it, i'de love both the avatar and the banner to look more like an old and well-worn tavern sign :lol: at least that was the original look i was going for with mine, not sure it quite reaches that though, lol.

this is one i use on another site just for fun. but i think it's too large a filesize to use here :lol: i think...

ANIPYRATEGroph.gif