Where'd You Get Your Avatar?

Bilgemunky

So there's been an ongoing discussion about each of our forum names, but how about everyone's avatars? Some are pretty interesting - who made their own, who stole them (no shame in that, we're all pirates here)? Is there a link where we can see them up-close?

My own was actually made by my brother, back in a day when I went by "spydermunky" online. Since switching my name, I added the red pirate hat and earring, and boom! Instant avatar.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine I picked up while I was researching feline skulls to design a Jolly Roger for the SCA... though I like Captaincat's better... hehee... It's a scientifically accurate view from the top of Felis Domesticus... I wanted to find a head-on one, but there you have it.

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

Ahoy Mateys! :P

That'd be me in the flesh so t' speak! I'm donnin' me new hat!

Guess that pretty much explains it all... :ph34r:

Fair winds,

DEADLY DRUCILLA

:angry: :ph34r: :angry: :P:ph34r::ph34r:

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)

Mine is the center of me pirate ring, presented to me by a wench some 20 years ago for, uh, services rendered you might say. On the side of the ring is a dagger and dolphin - a one of a kind - just like meself!

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

My avatar is the "Calico Cat," my own flag design. (Thanks for the compliment, Mad Maudlin McCrumb! Mine's not scientifically accurate, but it works for me! :lol: ) Please don't confuse my flag's name with my own name, which is "Black Cat." You may see a larger version of the Calico Cat on the Matriarch's official website.

Black Cat, Captain of theMatriarch

Test everything. Hold fast to what is good. -Saint Paul's first letter to Thessalonika 5:21

'Tis m'self and no other. The image is m'own, taken for publicity for a TV Pilot I was helping on.

I'm still on the prowl for something better. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:( Well, we could tie ya to the bow an' take one as the new figurehead!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I may try that. It seems the only with the wind in m'face do I NOT get sea sick!! :(

Hold that thought now lad, I may take you up on it one of these days!!

:lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Aye' Cap'n -- the Royaliste is the best of the bunch, and what makes her even better is that she's not to be had for any price! ARRR! A true pyrate ship, she is! And 'twas a great pleasure and a privilege to be there as she showed her stuff on the bay! :ph34r::huh::huh:

The Pyromaniac Pirate

....I got me best coil 'o rope waitin' on ye, Bess....

Rope?? ;)

Rope???? ;)

You'd hoist and hold m'self in a figureheads place with ropes??

(Spoken from behind me best come hither look knowing that the fists resting on m'hips tell no mistale of my... intentions)

If'n it's not the strong arms of a Pirate lad (preferably Celt) that be my anchor ( a brief look skyward)... thankee but I think I'll not come to play. :lol:

(Ropes indeed! and m'self so easily chaffed!) ;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif