Official working title for POTC2

Iron Bess

I likt it though, I hope they keep it. Given the entire story line of the second movie... it just REEKS with innuendo!! :P

GAH!! That bit of info you posted is just killing me!! I'm over here racking my brain wondering what the inuendos refer to.

All these new pieces of info are just driving me nuts with excitement! :P

davyjones.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who cant wait for POTC2...then (bear with me here) is a movie for you. Now we all know, pirates are only at sea but what about a land "pirate".

well, the movie is NED KELLY

with Orlando Bloom and Jeffery Rush

and an little extra bonus

the soundtrack is by the same genius as the POTC soundtrack

i loved it but remeber i am daffy for australia

:lol:

OOohh! "Ned Kelly" kicks butt & ROCKS!

I believe that it was filmed before PotC. Aye, Heath Ledger is spectacular with Orlando Bloom & Geoffrey Rush... I LOVE that little bit at the end between Heath's character & Geoffrey's character.. with the hero's sash... so touching.

Can't wait for PotC 2 & 3, Bess. Hope tings are going well. If you are able to disclose... have they started filming/production yet?

Also... not sure you are able to answer this... doubtful.. but, gonna ask anyway... since I am still waiting on word from those in charge of the Bounty.... if you may PM me on what dates you know she will be used. I know that the HMS Bounty will be sailing the Mississippi this year.. & trying to make sure I can volunteer aboard her when she sails the Mississippi. Fabulous ship! It felt like home bein' on & below her decks.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Also... not sure you are able to answer this... doubtful.. but, gonna ask anyway... since I am still waiting on word from those in charge of the Bounty.... if you may PM me on what dates you know she will be used. I know that the HMS Bounty will be sailing the Mississippi this year.. & trying to make sure I can volunteer aboard her when she sails the Mississippi. Fabulous ship! It felt like home bein' on & below her decks.

My most recent chat with the Bounty is that the trip you mentioned in 2005 is off. It's being rescheduled for 2006. I'm considering shootin' her up along the river, but I fear she'll move a might slow for me due to her larger mast stepping issues on the taller bridges.

;)

Awww.. bummers.. was really looking forward to seein' the Bounty this year.

Hmmm.. Well.. if it is.. they need to change their website then.

Aye... I was wondering how in the bloody dickens that a tall ship would sail the Mississippi. The bridges are hellish & I know a good many of them between Davenport & St. Louis are rather low & old bridges.

But.. HEY! That would be fabulous to see the Royaliste as well. :)

Hmmm... makes we want to encourage someone to have another Tall Ships fest in Chicago... again. :lol:

Hehehe, I also still think would be wicked that the Royaliste be used in PotC as well! ;)

;)

Here's a few interestin' tidbits you also wondered on.... As far as navigation, 9 feet is all the corps will claim for draft above Lake Poncetraine; I draw 6...dunno on the Bounty...My masts sit at 45' for my mainmaist, and 20 more for her topmast. Mizzen is about the same. I can rig and drop my topmasts without loosinng any yards to 50' in about a half an hour. The Bounty has waay taller segmented masts, so it'll be a bit more labor intensive for her. The lowest bridgebelow Minneapolis is 52', so........not too bad a problem, just more to deal with as far as our full keels in the current......It is for sure postponed to '06 for her... We are seriously considering the adventure, but holding off till after Tallships Challenge 2005 for committment. A summer on the river could be 'interesting' to say the least..On POTC, well, 'o course we'd love to do it, but we're considering a trip to that particular region regardless; ...'PIRATE'......

well, the movie is NED KELLY

I was under the impressions it's about resistance against the British suppression, more like terrorists then pirates.

I wasn't too crazy about it but as always the little bit of Geoffrey in it was performed well.

hero.jpg

Wicked! Keep me informed on that, Royaliste. Perhaps then there may be a pirate or nautical fest. :)

I enjoyed "Ned Kelly" as it was kinda western-ish. Heath Ledger did a good job as Ned Kelly. Heath & Orlando just played off each other SOO well! I'd like to see those 2 in more movies together.

B)

That's bound to happen, i think everyone who's got a little know how will always try to choose actors who can play together well.

It wasn't a bad movie..just somehow didn't get me, but i have to be honest, i've seen it only once.

I'll watch it again, might like it the second time around :)

hero.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I heard that Will's farther is going to be in the next one. Is this just a rumor?

Yes, Bootstrap Bill is in the next movie. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I heard that Will's farther is going to be in the next one. Is this just a rumor?

:D does this mean that the film will be doing flashback scenes? cause i thought will's father was in the great pyrate ship in the sky.

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Yeah, i've always felt the same.

Some said the pressure in deep water would explode him but who knows precisely where they threw him overboard?

Even in the middle of the ocean there's less deep parts and he was cursed so he didn't have to worry about drowning, all time to get loose.

LOL, strictly seen, if the canon was really tied to his bootstraps as they said, who's to say they didn't break?

A canon is very heavy :huh:

hero.jpg

No asking questions of our sources....they can only post what won't jeopardize their positions.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Yeah, i've always felt the same.

Some said the pressure in deep water would explode him but who knows precisely where they threw him overboard?

Even in the middle of the ocean there's less deep parts and he was cursed so he didn't have to worry about drowning, all time to get loose.

LOL, strictly seen, if the canon was really tied to his bootstraps as they said, who's to say they didn't break?

A canon is very heavy :P

Purty much depends on who tied the knots...a landsman's knot would be suspect, and so would some sailor's.....coulda been free momentarily, eh??......then again, there's always Harry H., lotsa great knots, but undone in seconds....

Yeah, i guess that's another consideration.

No asking questions of our sources....they can only post what won't jeopardize their positions.

Yep, understandible, but i'm sure it was just asking in general :)

It's strange, since the movie started i have become more like.."It's being made and we will see it when its done" .

But i still love seeing pics such the Jack one, cool pic :D

I was just going over this picture with a pal, and we agreed this thing on the right looks suspiciously like one of those shrunken heads they used to make out of killed enemy's skulls.

Taken together with the fact he is chained and looking less then positive which is quite rare for this man, he must have gotten himself int quite a mess this time :D

PirateXPrincess:

On another board there's doubt this is a pic from the second movie.

It is said to be from the first POTC movie, when he broke the chains and still had some of it hanging from his arms.

Where did you get the pic?

I don't know about this, but just wondering :D

hero.jpg

oh i got the pic form a fan site so ur right it is possible that it's not from the second one...but for some reason i believe it is, i don't remember him wearing that exact outfit when he broke the chains and all.... oh well...lol :huh:

sigpotc0050os.gif

~ ~ ~A wise man once said..... I don't know, ask a girl."~ ~ ~

Looks like one of the photos they took from the Blacksmith's shop. I believe I have seen the image before.