Looking for pirate name suggestions

OryginalCinn

As I was busily carving my way through the second draft of my pirate novel, I realized that several of the characters sincerely needed name changes. Thought I'd toss it out here - any suggestions for

1. a Spanish female pirate who needs a "real" name plus a piratical variation of that to go on her wanted posters

2. the male villain

I really want to come up with something that has not been overused, and if anyone gives me the perfect name, I'll credit you in the book if/when it is published. The story is being written as "a legend" so it need not be all that serious of a name.

Thanks!

:lol:

By all means, kill the whelp!

...or at least give him a good flogging. Better yet, let me do it.

Flogger * Pyrates of the Coast

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

Michael the Ready sounds like a good fellow to know. I shall certainly keep that one in mind; I may have a use for it if not in this particular scribble.

Your suggestions are much appreciated!

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

ohh ohh i wanna play..

Desdemona San Tiera (the demon princess of the seas)

Lord Reginald Chadeau (pronounced "shadow" not really a true Lord but gave himself the title to win favor among French Nobles only to rob them blind.)

Raphael Ghiaccio (pronounced Jach-e-o..the Italian word for ice. Also known as "Raphael the Cold". Let's hear it for some Italian pirates)

How about Diosa de la Rosa... I think that even means something in spanish, hmm! :)

And Augustus de Muerta . .. I should have name Wrong Way that - part Augustus Gloop from Willy Wonka mixed with death...

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

good names:

ARCELIA (treasure)

ITSASO (sea)

pirate names:

CLODOVEA: feminine form of Clodoveo (famous warrior)

MARIQUITA or MADALENA the Bitter

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

How about Diosa de la Rosa... I think that even means something in spanish, hmm! :)

And Augustus de Muerta . .. I should have name Wrong Way that - part Augustus Gloop from Willy Wonka mixed with death...

-- The Captain

Gee...go with Diosa and I'll dress up and as your heroine and go running around at book signings... and I already have wanted posters :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Thank you all again. There are lots of ideas here I'd not have come up with on my own. I'll have to see what fits best for the characters. :)

Diosa - that would be great, actually, no matter what the character is named. Once I get this puppy published we can do a lot of fun stuff for events that will be mutually benficial.

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

OryginalCinn Posted on Jan 18 2005, 05:02 PM

Diosa - that would be great, actually, no matter what the character is named. Once I get this puppy published we can do a lot of fun stuff for events that will be mutually benficial.

if there's a part where a really sexy shirtless (but has his coat) pirate gives a certain crew member a backrub, i'd be willing to do that little skit in the bookstore.

*wink wink nudge nudge

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

OryginalCinn Posted on Jan 18 2005, 05:02 PM

if there's a part where a really sexy shirtless (but has his coat) pirate gives a certain crew member a backrub, i'd be willing to do that little skit in the bookstore.

*wink wink nudge nudge

hmmm... since I already offered to be the female character in person... and Cinn seems to be ok with that, I guess that means I get the back rub. so nyah!!! :lol:

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com