Tsunami Kate

William Brand

I finally became a Cap'n on this 'ere island of Pyracy, so I spent the night in celebratin' ashore with wine, women and song. I drank 'til I couldn't stand and then I drank sittin'. Then I drank lying down. I don't remember what I did after that. Strange.

Still...

...imagine me surprise when I awoke the next day to find the deed to a frigate clutched in me fingers! I unrolled the paper to read and re-read the name. It seems that I was new owner of a Spanish frigate which had been oddly named "Katherine the Great". A Spanish ship named for Russian royalty? I wondered how had I even come to own such a vessel. I found upon inquiry, that I had won her in a game of chance sometime during the night, though it was hard to consider it a win when I finally located her berth.

She lay in the trees, a full 200 feet from the tide line. She was upright but listing 5 degrees to larboard with her starboard side facing out to sea and her stern almost due west. Her sails had been stripped for other ships long before my arrival and more than a little timber had been taken as well. She had little riggin' left and her color showed that she had endured at least one season of neglect since that fateful wave had brought her hard ashore.

I was stunned. I stood transfixed, both in horror and delight. Here was a ship of excellent make too far from the sea to ever know it again. Here was a vessel of strong timbers that had most unexpectedly arrived in a grove of pecan trees and date palms. Here was a most sad and glorious site mixed together.

At first, I did not know what to do. Then, I clambered aboard to survey her depths. Little or no furnishings remained except those built into her original design. Only a few doors were missing and she seemed deceptively new in places, but poorly neglected just the same.

The galley remained much as it had been, with some evidence of fire remaining from her inland journey. I numbered the two stoves appreciably and noted the well made cupboards and larder. One could feed a fair number with such a kitchen, but what of that? I reminded meself that she were landlocked and should remain so without an undertaking that I meself could never afford.

My remaining rummaging revealed more of the same. A good ship that might never sail again.

I stood at the wheel for the better part of an hour. I then took to pacing her length for another hour and a half. When the sun was near it's zenith it occurred to me that she might be put to good use. She might be home to a crew of a sort. She might know the devotions of many a sailor again. She might be home to those of us that find ourselves landlocked and in need of the sea...

...so I went to work.

Today I open the doors to me first piratical establishment. I've sewn up her wounds and staved off her decay and neglect. Sixteen barrels of good oil and not a few casks of nails, wooden pegs and iron pins have put her right again. I've polished brass, glass and beam. I've scraped, reshaped and verily resurrected what would have been lost if not for drunken chance. She be landlocked surely, but she be a fine ship nonetheless, and until I can drag her back to sea, I shall fill this unfortunate interval in her life with music, mirth and merry-makin'! So come aboard and enjoy a pint. Sit down a spell and spin some smoke rings and yarns.

To name this new establishment, I have borrowed on her life from before and the circumstances that brought her here...

...I call her Tsunami Kate.

frigate.gif

To slake and satiate all who enter in.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropping anchor not far from the establishment. Having receieved word of the old sea dog's new haunt.

Having gone ashore now to see why & what created him to dance with glee.

Striding in- "I admit, William.. tis a FINE ship ya have here!" grinning wickedly at him.

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ahoy there William! Fine establishment ye got here luv. May I have a drink of one of your finest wines? :lol:

You may indeed, Christine. Aye. A fine wine from the South of France and a very good year at that. Please, have a seat near the front.

Would you like to see a menu?

Sure! Let's see what yummy things ye have available. *takes menu and looks thru while sipping the wine* I see ye have shrimp cocktails in the appetizer section. I definitely would love to start with that! :lol:

The lamb is excellent. And the halibut is very fresh. It washed up against the beach not two hours ago.

Aye. And the chips. Wonderful.

Such a fine view it is, my compliments to you! Pray tell, what does a girl have to do to obtain something to quench her thirst. Say aged brandy topped off with a tiny layer of Chambord.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Such a fine view it is, my compliments to you! Pray tell, what does a girl have to do to obtain something to quench her thirst. Say aged brandy topped off with a tiny layer of Chambord.

What does a lady have to do? Very little indeed. She need but ask in this establishment.

Aye.

Such a wonderful gentleman, you are! Then if that is the case, a warmed sherry with a bowl of lobster chowder would fill my desires, if you would be so kind. Yes, that would fit the bill nicely and thank you.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Such a wonderful gentleman, you are! Then if that is the case, a warmed sherry with a bowl of lobster chowder would fill my desires, if you would be so kind. Yes, that would fit the bill nicely and thank you.

(bows low)

Aye.

(strolls to the kitchen whistling "Spanish Ladies")

Farewell and adieu my fine Spanish ladies, Farewell and adieu my ladies of Spain... :lol:

Arrr... fancy place ye 'ave 'ere, lad! But, I be naught but a 'umble pirate... so! Just chop me off a chunk o' boucanned cow, grilled til it quits mooin', some o' them New World taters, washed down wif a tankard o' grog, if'n ye have it, kind sir!

*Morgan kicks his booted feet up on an empty barrel, as he grins roguishly and tips his hat to the other patrons*

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Ahoy, William.

lovely establishment ye have here. i am enjoying the view of the sea as well. tis a fine sight.

would ye be so kind as to fill me tankard? i be quite parched from the long workday and a guinness would be just grand.

thank ye kindly, sir

The French... inventors of mayonaise... obsessed with raisins... humilated grapes, really...

:o

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Ohhhh, William! Madeira! What a wonderful notion! If you would be so kind as to keep a bottle or two of that in stock, you would make this girl's evening complete! And Cherries Jubilee for desert!!! Please!!!!

The French... inventors of mayonaise... obsessed with raisins... humilated grapes, really...

:o

Ah.. but MOrgan, don't forget the best invention the French ever took credit for...

The French Kiss!

(M'embrasser jusqu'à j'appartiens à vos bras. )

William, a wonderful place indeed. My warm and smelly fridge is yours if you need it.... (considers having Tito tickled by 100 chiwawas.)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg