Gwen goes pirate!

TabithaAnne

As I was watching VH1 this morning Gwen Stefani's newest video came on and it totally pirate themed! I love her! I just sat and watched with a grin on my face. :ph34r:

Men are like a deck of cards - You need a heart to love them, a diamond to marry them, a club to beat them and a spade to bury the bastards.

NICE! Yeah I was excited to see this video get released. I've been a big Gwen/No Doubt fan for 10 years. This is really sweet. My wife got me hooked on Patra years ago, so it's good to see Gwen doing this cover song. And it's always REALLY nice to see Eve. 'specially in an eye patch and red boots....ohhh behave!!! :ph34r::ph34r:

When I see stuff like this I always imagine what it would be like to show this to a shipload of sailors in the 18th century. The looks on their faces would be PRICELESS.

CHECK IT OUT HERE

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Hip hop pirates. :ph34r:

That's the second recent pop culture reference I've seen recently to oriental pirates. That's interesting.

Admittedly, it was a bit of a multi-cultural mix throughout the video, but there were several scenes with two specifically oriental piratesses. Are we reprogramming the pop-pirate paradigm?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Awesome! My wife is a HUGE No Doubt fan, and loves Gwen. (I got her the No Doubt collected music videos DVD for Xmas ... too bad this newest video is not in that colleaction!).

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Feck! Can't view it on a Mac....

grrrrrrr......

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

Saw the video and loved it good for her. I think Gwen is one of the best female frontman out there. She rocks

I cannot wrap my mind around the phrase "female frontman." Something doesn't sit right with that...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I really love this song -- primarily, however, because it's a remix of one of my favorite songs (I _love_ "Fiddler On the Roof"). But the pirate-themed music video is just a lovely touch. :)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Blast this slow connection! :huh:

I'm not familiar with No Doubt or Gwen Stefani, but I'd love to see that video. Double drat! :huh::huh:

JoshuaRed, did you mean Petra or Patra? I've never heard of Patra, but I am quite familiar with Petra :)

Fancy

• 5 months later...

Crap! The link (posted above) no longer accesses the video directly... I cannot find it anywhere (that is, without paying money to download software).

I wanted to show it to my son... can anyone find an updated link?

I will post one myself if I succeed...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

It's sampling the song "If I were a rich man" from the musical "Fiddler on the roof". Always kinda of had a thing of Topov who sang the song in the movie version. I thought he would make a good pirate.

Here's sample you can here from a different baritone doing the song.

If I were rich man mp3 sample

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Always kinda of had a thing of Topov who sang the song in the movie version. I thought he would make a good pirate.

He was pretty good as a greek smuggler in For Your Eyes Only. Very likable. Smuggling's somewhat akin to piracy, yes?

(We're talking about Topov in a thread on Gwen Stefani. :lol: )

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 month later...