Anyone in the Pacific Northwest?

JoeJacks

https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?showforum=18 and there are more there.. just look in that thread..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Aye lad. Me and the Doc lives in de Kent area. Dis be fer a few months more. We be movin ter Florida as soon as we can get things tied up here, probably around June. Me sees dat ye signed on wit Capt'n Hurricanes crewe, Pirates Of The Coast. Dere be few events here unless ye belong ter de Seafair Pirates an such.

Animal

:(

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Aye Animal, de Seafair Pirates be about it in the great NW....and a tight crew t' join up wit......I fun wit a group o' wenches from DesMoines called the Wenches o'Waterland....we get invited to some o' the event's wit the seafaire pirates....get to hear tell o' their politics...great bunch o' rogues! :P

Bein as I am new to this forum....I was interested ter see some POTC events nearby...what tell?

"Congratulations Madame, that's another town you've destroyed." William Shaw

I'm the "honest one" Jack Sparrow warned you about, honestly....Red Handed!

Greetings Jill!! As far as I know there are not many POTC events here in the Seattle area. When the movie came out, a few of us showed up in costume and had some fun. Other than that, not much. As I said before, the Doc and I are moving in June to Florida, so we probably won't be around during Seafair. Having been with the Seafair Pirates for 13 or so years, Seafair and a few community events are all that happen here. We prefer the warmer climates of the southern latitudes. Old bones and joints don't ache so much there.

Animal

:P

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Ahoy, Jill!

About a third of our members (The Pyrates of the Coast) are billeted in the frigid Northwest. Come up with an idea and Animal can wear the feathers in place of his beloved Captain... There are others too: The Pirates of the Caribbean are a parade group up there. There's the Treasure Island Pirates, The Northwest Pirates, and the Ocean Shore Pirates up there as well. All have varying levels of activity.

As for the Seafair Pirates, unfortunately wenches have the wrong plumbing to be real members. Still an all guys club as the wives have too much say in the group compared to the old days when Animal and I were part of it.

As for our group, welcome aboard! We will be up in the NW for at least one event this year, the Westport Rusty Scupper Daze in June. We may also be at the Tall Ships Challenge. If the NW crewe wants, I can give Animal all the contact information for that - he was at its predecessor - the Seattle Tallship Challenge and the Commencement Bay Maritime Fest so he knows their waters well... Plus a little responsibility up there prior to his sail here will keep his piratical skills fresh and at their peak...

The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Why thank ye capt'n... I'd love any information ye can send my way. Sign me up fer anything ye got going on that ye need warm bodies fer up here in the NW regions! I'm always lootin...I mean lookin' out fer opportunity. :P:P:huh:

As far as the Seafair guys....we have been seeing more o' their women folk at the functions...does take the edge off their cutlasses...if ye know what I mean.... :huh:

"Congratulations Madame, that's another town you've destroyed." William Shaw

I'm the "honest one" Jack Sparrow warned you about, honestly....Red Handed!

Well Thank ye all for the information. I won't be hittin the home port until March sometime but will definitely join into anythin I can after that.

Animal: I growed up in Kent...Spent more nights (and some days) drunk in that town than any other. There is a fair chance we haunted some of the same haunts so ta speak.

Jill: I'll be stayin in contact wit ya as well upon my return. Ifin ya allow it. An between you, me, Animal, an de Cap'n should be able to muster a band for what occaision may arise.

Cap'n: Glad ta be seein ya jumpin in ta my wee topic. And I be thankin ya for the information.

Thanks again one and all an i be lookin most forward to seeing any of ya as soon as I can.

Pyrates are alive and well in Port-Landia and Sea Towne. Portland, OR and Seattle, WA that is, to yarr lubbers.

The merry crew of Brotherhood of Oceanic Mercenairies (B.O.O.M.) we are.

http://www.pyratesrus.com/

Join up on our yahoo group for news of monthly pub raids and faire doin's:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pdxpirate/

We are oft found in Tacoma towne at Shakabrah Java, and The Lucky Lab West (Port-Landia) whenever fiddler Heather Alexander is in town.

Last October, in Port-Landia we had 450 scallywags show up for our POTC Interactive, Extravaganza and Concert featuring Spinnaker and the Talk like a Pirate Day Guys.

Check out: http://potci.nwboom.com and www.potcinteractive.com

Hope to meet up with ye soon matey!

:lol:

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

• 1 month later...

Check the crewe listings on noquartergiven.net - there are several crewes in Washington State, including the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Northwest Pirates - both are very active up there, including personal appearances and parades.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Sigh. Used to live in Portland and loved it greatly. Imprisoned now here in the desert ... ain't any desert a prison? Until the wife finishes college (goin' for free!), we can't sell this house and move back. Figure another 3 or 4 years before I can go salmon fishin', rid myself of redneck neighbors, and get myself a decent cup o' coffe again. :P

Wartooth

Theres always the Gig Harbor Renn Fest in August?

Then there are maritime fests in Port Angeles

As well as Tacomas tallship fest., these are all close to Seattle..., I am in Centralia., thats about 80 miles south of Seattle..., and these places are pretty easy to get to for me.

Not alot of Piratatical events so far inland I suppose there werent many pirates in Spokane., however getting together a troup of friends who are into having fun with you is the real key., We do live 80 miles away from most events., and the events dont come to often..., there fore we get into our kits as often as we can . Consider this

(4th of july) Cannons and tricorns there mate!

Halloween !

Thanksgiving was created pre 1700 !

And of course there is New Year ?

Then comes the 4th again and whatever event we can find.

Being a pirate may not be so much an event as an enjoyable bit of living throughout your own life..,

At least thats the way we do it.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Being a pirate may not be so much an event as an enjoyable bit of living throughout your own life..,

At least thats the way we do it.

Damn straight, HM. Hence the strange looks and behind-the-back murmurs, as I wear my tricorn out in public ... for no reason other than liking it!

Lorien - You keep that seat warm, and I'll be there soon enough. A couple of triple-shot hazelnut lattes on me, sweetie!

Wartooth

Ahoy!

I'm new to this group, but wanted to let you know that there is pirate life here in Ilwaco, WA! (on the "Long Beach Peninsula" - also close to Astoria, OR.)

I'm in the middle of turning my studio into a pirate's paradise (well at least there will always be rum - Lord willing :D

We'll be doing pirate portraits, parties & mermaid adventures....

The tall ships are coming here, May 11th -15th & June 3rd-5th

Hope some more pirates will come ashore! I've been telling my husband "If I build it - they will come" - don't let me down mateys!

I've got root beer or rum - for any pirate - anytime!

It's a Pirate's Life for Me!

mermaidpirate.jpg

Glad ye found us at PDX Pirate Yahoo Group! The Calendar of events is where to find other like minded Scallywags!... RAIDS WITHIN ONE DAY'S SAIL From Portland Oregon.

This Friday a raiding party will be headin' to see The Red Haired Fiddler and her band Uffington Horse at Tacoma towne at Shakabrah Java Coffee House. Join us if ye dare!

:lol:

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I make berth in Silverton, Or. BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

• 2 weeks later...