Ooooo. A chat room. :-)

moricktowain

Guest Angus MacVox

it should work if you are using a java-enabled browser...

will work best on IE 5 or better... I don't know what it'd look like on a macintosh

Arrrr, what sort of blather is this "chat room" stuff, for a proper ship at sea or not, all discussion should be around the scuttlebutt, where grog be had and maybe a macintosh apple to gnaw on whilest we chaw over a yarn or two.

but so far, the grog and water barrel be locked, or may it be because of my Apple, if ye see my drift?

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

see if you like this one... it should work on everything...

https://pyracy.com/pub

"see if you like this one... it should work on everything..."

Beware of language that is all inclusive........

a shirt me cabin boy wears says, "nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool" Well, I was fooling around trying to figure out this chat room thing......

and first off, I noticed that it wouldn't accept my full name..... It sort of stopped and started beeping at me after Littleneck, so I am not sure if I can go on as myself or does I become someone who is only half of me? Anyway's I appreciate the effort.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

Oh my goodness! Jus' did a quick trip inta the chatroom jus' ta see how it works. Interestin' that the posts do show up at the top. Fer the longest time I twas lookin' at the bottom tryin' ta figger out where I was - guessin' that comes from peerin' at the male bottoms too much...

:D

RumbaRue

**I'd rather be trainin' cabin boys**

Hi everyone! I just checked out the chat room and it was great except I was the only one there. Just looking to talk with other pirates now and then. Hope to see more of you around later   :rolleyes:

Might be better if a rendezvous time were set up -- certain hours when others agree to meet up in the Chat Room together. Might even assign particular topics at a certain time. Would others be interested in this? What times would be best for everyone? I'm guessing evening hours or sometime on the weekend. But evening hours are not so friendly if we have any crewmembers from around the world. Weekend hours might not be good for those who are out and about on weekend (in other words, those who have a life).

Once in a while I'd be glad to host a chat topic and help field questions. Maybe others would like to volunteer to do the same thing. Such arranged topics in the Chat Room could be announced in advance via the No Quarter Given email newsletter, as well as in the forum. Might help get more participation in the Pyracy Forum.

What topics would interest you?

Safe harbours and full tankards,

--Jamaica Rose

"Practice random acts of pillaging and plundering."

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven