What is going on here?!?

LadyBarbossa

Ok.. been PATIENTLY waiting for some time now for PotC merchanise. However. what is the deal? either keeps getting moved back.. but worse.. the stores around where I live... say they will not carry the items! Why not?!?

I just don't want to order online.. period! I would rather go out.. & buy the bloody item I want! Instead of pay $5 or more for shipping.

Why is it SOOOO hard for PotC Merchandise to be released to the public!?!

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Speakin of merchandise., I have had the "Cursed Coin for some time now.., well a year (Grinning).., however Have you ever seen a real good close up of Barbossa's necklace?., what is it., and how can a person get a CLOSE up of it? I stopped the DVD but even at that ya cant make it out?

HarborMaster

P.S. Props beat merchandise 100 to 1

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Yahoogroups PotC Costuming chat list has a picture of the necklace in fine detail that the picture was "saved" from eBay. Along with various other items. It's been beyond helpful to recognize these items from each character.

Youd have to join the group in order to see it. But well worth it for all the info that is in it.

It's under the Files... Barbossa costume pics ...

Barbossa pendent...

Barbossa pendent/necklace

Or let me see if this can be done...

Barbossa%20pendant.jpg

Pictures of his ring & earring is also here as well as his attire, boots, hat, glove, headscarf... It's rather invaluable.

Same with Jack's attire, Will's, Elizabeth's, Norrington, Gov Swann, AnaMaria, Ragetti & Pintel, etc...

The discussion on recreating the attire is the major fun for costumers who LOVE to recreate the attire & wear them to conventions.

Me.. I'm in the beginning stages of making the Barbossa dress. Will take some time, no rush on it. I have Duiponi eggplant/burgandy 100% silk, homespun weave.... & the black lace. That's as far as I have gotten. I'm still looking over the black fabric part since I have not seen the gown face to face unlike the gold gown which I have seen.

True enough, props beat mershandise... unless like me & eager for the Barbossa figurine...

But for the po' podunk pirate unable to get their grubby hands upon such treasured delights... I have to settle with what's tossed my way. Alas, that be very little for a PotC fan here. The Fandom has not really been acknowledged well & it's starting to dwindle cause the PotC Fnadom is being ignored. Making the fans feel... unappreciated.

:P

I don't have to have an actual prop piece of one of the Aztec gold coins ... I just want a _replica_ of one of 'em. That is to say, I want Elizabeth's medallion -- but just a copy (it does NOT have to be one of the ones actually used in the movie). Why Disney hasn't released Aztec pirate medallion necklaces yet is just utterly beyond me.

They realize that people will BUY this stuff, right?! They realize that there's a FORTUNE to be made here, right?!?!? What IS the hold-up????

I'm with you, Lady Barbossa ... I just want to buy this stuff in stores already, not order it from somewhere. To Disney, I say: Come ON!!!!!! I want a necklace and a talking Jack Sparrow action figure already!!!!!!!!!!!

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Why Disney hasn't released Aztec pirate medallion necklaces yet is just utterly beyond me.

They have released the Aztec necklace, but for some odd reason it is being sold at Hot Topic instead of the Disney Store. :P I just got mine a few weeks before Halloween. It looks more like bronze than gold, but other than that, it is a pretty good replica. They cost somewhere around $12 and come with the chain. However, before you get too excited, you should be warned that not every Hot Topic store carries them. I had to check three different malls before I found a store that carried the necklace. The people at the first store hadn't even heard that the necklaces existed.

I know my local Hot Topic doesn't carry it, because I shop there frequently ... but that doesn't mean some Hot Topic in my area doesn't. I know of at least two more malls in the immediate area to check out, well, immediately ...

Thank you so, so, SO much for this tip!!!!!!!!! More-bronze-than-gold aside ... I am Ãœber-excited by this news. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

*runs off to explore various Hot Topic stores*

P.S. -- Yah, why _doesn't_ the Disney Store carry it instead??? Sheesh.

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

RumbaRue.. the pictures of the costumes & accessories are under Files, They should be seperated out between each of the characters.

Were they able to show up for ya?

As to the medallion... Alas, again, I am unlucky enough not to have that around here.

Just checked the only Hot Topics here... & they have a few PotC items - a couple stickers, a logo badge, writing paper, pen, blanket throws & magnets. That's all they have here.

I'd LOVE to get ahold of the medallion.. true enough. I have a cheap resin one that is next to my clay Medallion of the Sun in Inca gold paint.

A copy of Barbossa's ring would be awesome. The original - scarey as it would be - wuld fit my right 3rd finger also. big boned knuckles, what can I say. ;)

;)

I got the Aztec coin here:

Not cheap but he's very fast and honest, (he sent me necklace, got ruined by the postage, ring broken off, and he immediately sent me a new one) and it's gold plated, and looks very real :)

http://www.indyprops.com/pp-azcoin.htm

If you want to order, go to the front page, or "home" there, you find an email addy, write to that.

hero.jpg

Hot Topic appears to have sold out the necklace, so I might give this guy a whirl -- at the very least, I'm gonna drop him an e-mail and see what happens from there ... and, too, I'll keep my eye on the Master Replica coin coming out in Decemeber or January (which will probably be much cheaper, if not as good quality). Thanks for the link ... and the recommendation (I would have been wary of buying from someone I just stumbled across on the 'net, so the fact that you gave him "positive feedback" makes me feel much better :) ).

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

Lady B, t'get what ye wants yer gonna hafta get over yer fear o'the internet.

I been cyber-shoppin' fer nigh on 5 years now and ain't never had a problem with reputable companies. Ye can order yer merchandise online from many stores (Hot Topic, Target, Wal-Mart) and choose t'pick it up at the store itself.

Fer Aztec gold ye can order right from the Master Replica site.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Why on earth is it thirty five bucks if you get it directly from Master Replica's site, but only 15 bucks if you get it from http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...?number=MRDS104 (because, at the entertainmentearth website, THEY are getting it from Master Replica)?????

Go figure ...

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

And it's only $11.99 if you order from some of the MR dealers on e-Bay. :ph34r:

MR is just lining their pockets, mate. Although I shouldn't complain because they gave me a free convention exclusive for some volunteer work I did for them at Comic-Con.

hook_banner2.jpg

Not much of a fear, m'dear.. it's more I can't. No way to. So... I'm tough out of luck.

I just like walking into a place, picking out the items that looks good to me, buy it & walk out.

For someone like me... unable to just buy & buy & buy online.... unable to buy them at the local Suncoast or Walk-Mart... get's to be rather difficult & also leaves a good chunk of the marketable community out of the picture.

Which is why I am unable to buy any PotC merchandise, be they official or pirated.

:ph34r:

Sorry lass, I don't understand. ;)

T'buy online all ye needs is an internet connection. And since ye post here I'm assuming ye has one. Ye just goes t'the site, places yer order, pay fer it, and ye be done. Ye gots every shop in cyberspace t'choose from - which be the advantage when ye lives in a small town without a lot of stores (I grew up in one of those, sos I knows yer pain).

If it be credit cards ye don't have, many bank debit cards can be used as a credit card but it gets pulled out of yer checking/savings account. Or ye can get a PayPal account and link it t'yer checking account.

Ye gots t'have yer plunder lass. I sez, Go For It! ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Also ... almost every store online lets you pay with a money order. I have been buying loads of stuff online for at least five years now, and only twice have I been absolutely forced to use my credit card to pay for the purchase (and one of those times, it was only because I was paying for an auction in England and trying to get American money converted into pounds was gonna be more fuss than it was worth for both of us). Almost every seller at eBay offers money orders as a method of payment, Amazon.com has it, the WB store ... it would take me all day to list the places that accept money orders as a method of payment. You have to wait a few more days to get your item shipped to you, but since I hate to give my credit card number out online (some phobias just never die ;) ), it's never bothered me in the least.

I agree that it's much more easier -- and gratifying -- to be able to just go into a store, pick up what you want, pay for it, and leave (no post office hassles, no waiting a week or two for your item to come) ... but so much of the fun merchandise I'm interested in just isn't available to me 'round here (no pirate stores in my little Backwoods town, after all) that I'm grateful to the 'net. ('Course, if I didn't HAVE the internet, I would have saved a whole bunch o' money in these past few years ... but I'd have a lot less piratical merchandise, too! ;) )

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg