What Do You Like In A Woman?

Rogue Mermaid

Just about perfect Hawkins, there is even a lass I know that be meetin just about all that...cept she needs another tat....

Junoesque...Rubenesque...a must and though I am not too concerned about heigth...it is a great feeling to walk along the street and your hips fit into one another just perfectly...and for me about 5'6 does the trick.....

And loooooooong silky red hair....ummmmmmm

and yeah...very deffinitly she is out there...

darkRose

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would have been funnier if I posted it this morning after writting it......

I don't think you will get a straight ansewer from any ot the men (1) . We have learned that a question like that is so "loaded" that there is no single "safe" ansewer. The moment we say.... " I like ________" it will come back to haunt us.

I'll have to look it up , but I think it is a violation of the "Official Rules of Men" to ever tell a woman what we realy think about woman's bodies (2) If I remember correctly it is right after the rules on toilet seats......

(1) I will also have to look up "The 'pick-up' and when to lie for maximum effect"

(2) There are some exctptions to this rule.... but they are covered under 'Drinking'......

:P Patrick, ye be a wise man, an' it sounds as if ye have already had experience in this area, would that be tha case?

Arrr. Me treasure.

The Silver lass with a nice....... pair of eyes.

Me? Cheat? Steal? Lie? Never!

Lass seeking Lad:

100% certified lap warmer looking for one (or more) strapping lad(s) with backbone for rum filled nights and plunder filled days, if interested contact Laura Silver.

Eyes (two) an' a smile (one) :)

Well all that talk of nice butts and ample chestal acreage is well and good, but if the eyes are vacant and or she lacks a ready smile, she may as well come folded in thirds with a staple in her navel. (Remember the way all the girls in Dad's Playboy looked?) :P

I may be a bit old fashioned--heck I'm at the half century mark--but I've always been a sucker for wimmin with a good personality--it wouldn't hurt ifn they look like Halle Berry--but looks can fade.

My first crush was Loren Bacall. I never met her, but When I was about 12 I fell in love with her. Man was I ever jealous of Bogart. She still stirs me when I watch her old movies. The funny thing--even as she appears now-- those eyes and that smile slay me. :P

Most beautifulwomen I've ever met also tended to be shallow. Often times they are more interested in the package than the contents. Beautiful women (in the Playboy or Cosmo sense) are kinda like elephants. I like to look at them, but I don't think I'd want one of them in my house.

And as far as build or lack thereof--my old Grandpa, Ulysses S Addams, used to say "Bein' with a skinny girl is like ridin an English bicycle over railroad tracks. It can be done, but its damned uncomfortable, and you may break something in the process." :P

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Eyes (two) an' a smile (one) :)

Well all that talk of nice butts and ample chestal acreage is well and good, but if the eyes are vacant and or she lacks a ready smile, she may as well come folded in thirds with a staple in her navel. (Remember the way all the girls in Dad's Playboy looked?) :P

I may be a bit old fashioned--heck I'm at the half century mark--but I've always been a sucker for wimmin with a good personality--it wouldn't hurt ifn they look like Halle Berry--but looks can fade.

My first crush was Loren Bacall. I never met her, but When I was about 12 I fell in love with her. Man was I ever jealous of Bogart. She still stirs me when I watch her old movies. The funny thing--even as she appears now-- those eyes and that smile slay me. :P

Most beautifulwomen I've ever met also tended to be shallow. Often times they are more interested in the package than the contents. Beautiful women (in the Playboy or Cosmo sense) are kinda like elephants. I like to look at them, but I don't think I'd want one of them in my house.

And as far as build or lack thereof--my old Grandpa, Ulysses S Addams, used to say "Bein' with a skinny girl is like ridin an English bicycle over railroad tracks. It can be done, but its damned uncomfortable, and you may break something in the process." :P

:P That was so funny! Also eventhough I am not old enough to be "old Fashion" I AM and proud of It!

Here is another sayin to keep in mind fella's:

An Irishman's Take on Sex and Women:

"If 'n she's not much fun with her clothes on, then there be good chance she's not much fun with um off either!"

(Yes, I did make this one up myself!) :P

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

"If 'n she's not much fun with her clothes on, then there be good chance she's not much fun with um off either!"

Is that so, lass?........Well now......You do have a point. :P

As for the original query, here goes me take on the subject at hand:

Slender, but not boney.....sharp angles can be painful.

Pixieish features, large expressive eyes, daint nose, defined cheekbones

Never one to complain about certain endowments, but in proportion to the rest of the body is best.

Red hair is my downfall, strawberry blonde to deep auburn will get me everytime.

An assertive air with a bit of mischievousness is always a nice bit.

And on the not physical scale, a good mind....intelligence and wit are very important......Looks and proportions succumb to age and gravity eventually.

Privateer & Commander of "Finnegan's Wake"

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

Ah but what comprises the women of our dreams?

I to was once a man of visual imparment, if you weren't beautiful in body and face then I was moving on. That was my youth and sadly I now realized I missed some wonderful women.

My dream woman is real now, I've found a lady who loves unconditionally, shares in all my happiness and sorrow and stands at my side as an equal mate in life.

In my eyes my lady has made my wandering years a faded memory of the past, each day is a new adventure in our lives and each day is filled with more love then the day before.

Looks fade quickly and we're left with whats in the heart.

LOL Lucky for me my lady is all I could ever hope for and more.

:P

Saber

I like that line....

Now if that line and "can't judge a book by it's cover" were mashed together........

If she ain't much fun with her clothes on top of the cover, chances are she won't be much fun with the clothes off and the sheets will be blank?

:P

The Duchess

Sorry lasses. Physical assets don't attract me. For me, it's the way a woman carries herself in public, the way she commands attention in a room without being bawdy, whorey or overpowering. She doesn't even need to utter a word to get noticed and she knows it. It's that touch of class and the joy of being a woman combined with enough confidence not to have to flaunt her presence that will get my attention. After that, it's the eyes - I want to see into their soul so I know what they're made of, and then it's intellect and sense of humor. Doesn't matter the size... just these attributes which defy type, age, stature or scale. Unfortunately, I haven't come across too many lasses that can pull that off. They're a prized rarity.

As for hair color, however, brown only. Few sport true red hair so that's out and blondes just don't gain my attention in a room. And again, there's more bottle blondes than authentic ones, so we're back to brown or black again.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Well spoken Hurricane and Saber. Thems the attributes that really matter.

Everything else is transient-- beauty fades; beer goggles wear off; and coyote-ugly is too often a reality the next morning. ;)

True attractiveness comes from deep within; and by the same token so does the opposite. I've seen some pretty wimmin become awfully ugly oncet you get to know them a little. ;)

It reall adds a new twist to the old saying: "Beauty is only skin-deep, but Ugly goes clear to the bone." ;)

BTW Kendra, I love your just-made-up old Irish saying! It sure sounds right in character ;)

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

I agree with Pops and you guys. I've seen my fair share of pretty people become devil's spawn when agrivated.

Here's what I say to them:

Me: *wearing cat ears*

"Pretty" person: Hey, it's not Halloween... *laughs*

Me: Coulda foolded me with all that make-up you're wearing...

"Pretty" person: I don't get it...

Me: Hm... lemme put it this way... You are the reason why I have a fear of clowns...

"Pretty" person: *blinks* I still don't get it.

Panda-boy: She says you wear too much make-up!

Oh, that was a good day. Oh, and Panda-boy is a friend from high school that wore a panda suit every Friday for the Anime and Asian Culture Club. Quite funny, too. He was an office TA and he would walk around in his suit handing out notes to people. And they would look at him funny, and he would have this goofy grin on his face.

Ah those were the days...

Okay, to me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, really. Besides, we really shouldn't judge other people just by the way they look. That in itself is shallow and cruel.

Whether you are black, or white, fat or skinny, you are all beautiful in your own way. And everyone should be proud of the fact that they are alive and loved.

We weren't put on this earth to be judged and defined as "pretty" or "Ugly" we were put here to live and love.

Okay, that's my two cents...

By the by, here is a pic of me and a few of my friends last year at a corn maze and pumkin patch. I'm the short on in the middle with a wench costume....

yay3.th.jpg

Well it seems to me there are two questions here.. What do you like.... and whats the first thing you notice.. I do not see how anyone can notice anything other than physical stuff on first sight... So as far as first notice... Alive

breathing

and is female

breast

rear... hips and legs

As far as what i like

Alive... breathing... and female.... Although with Fare Katey by my side, I get a whole lot more also ( great rear.. large br..... oops.. just realized she is standing over me and is seeing this. ) oh well.. it's off to the docks for a while..............

BTW Kendra, I love your just-made-up old Irish saying! It sure sounds right in character ;)

Thank you! I was thinking of having a T-Shirt made! ;)

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

My husband wants me to dress more wench-like. All me pirate gear is waistcoasts, long coats and such. Guess I'll be needed some help from me gals on board to "wench-up" fer me hubby. He laments that me baldric covers up me cleavage...what else can hold me cutlass?!!! I guess I do need some "girly" pirate gear...Where to start?

By the way when the cleavage is peekin' out , men seem to talk to it instead of me face..I've pinch one more that one's nose and brought him back eye level.so judgin' from that, I think I gotta good idea what men like (physically) in wimmen..

Long Live the crew of the CrimsonPermanent Assurance!

Guess I'll be needed some help from me gals on board to "wench-up" fer me hubby. He laments that me baldric covers up me cleavage...what else can hold me cutlass?!!!

Just a pet peeve, here. Don't know about the other guys on the board, but I find the sight of a woman in female kit carrying a full sword looks more than a bit dumb, and completely out of place. Daggers in the belt, even pistols are OK, but carrying a baldric across lowcut cleavage just doesn't look right, not to mention I'd be willing to bet the leather would chafe quite a bit.

Not a politically correct statement, I know, but that would apply to this whole thread. (not that i object, understand, i think we should all do our best to be as politically incorrect as possible)

Hawkyns

;)

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Well, for starters, I'd prefer a woman who has not her entire photo album in poster size for a signature! ;)

Dude, that's pretty harsh.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Well, for starters, I'd prefer a woman who has not her entire photo album in poster size for a signature!  ;)

Dude, that's pretty harsh.

I am in total agreement with El Pirata. That was a bit inconsiderate. I would say an apology is in order, to say the least.

Privateer & Commander of "Finnegan's Wake"

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

Sorry lasses. Physical assets don't attract me. For me, it's the way a woman carries herself in public, the way she commands attention in a room without being bawdy, whorey or overpowering. She doesn't even need to utter a word to get noticed and she knows it. It's that touch of class and the joy of being a woman combined with enough confidence not to have to flaunt her presence that will get my attention. After that, it's the eyes - I want to see into their soul so I know what they're made of, and then it's intellect and sense of humor. Doesn't matter the size... just these attributes which defy type, age, stature or scale. Unfortunately, I haven't come across too many lasses that can pull that off. They're  a prized rarity.

As for hair color, however, brown only. Few sport true red hair so that's out and blondes just don't gain my attention in a room. And again, there's more bottle blondes than authentic ones, so we're back to brown or black again.

Well Hurricane, I am one of those women who can walk through a crowd and not say a word, but get the eyes of approval from the men and yes some women too. I am confident in myself, and I don't feel I have to push my boobs out to outer space to get noticed. I'm not skinny either, but I carry my weight well and besides in costume, no one can really see what's underneath anyway (Thank goodness for long full skirts!).

Aye, my hair is long and getting longer, I won't cut it. But alas I do lighten it - though I have baby pictures to prove I was born blond and stayed that way well into my teens. Technically I have what is called 'dishwater blond' hair - blond/brown yuck, which is why I lighten it, it also looks better on me.

So there you have it, from one whose sense of humor as most of you have seen on these boards from time to time, is funny, wierd, downright strange to rib tickling guffawing, that's the true me. Though I'm not much of a talker in real life, my writing does my talking for me.

Rumba Rue

** ;) **

Aye, there are more bottled blondes than real ones. But even the real blondes have to color their hair at some point in their life. Both my mom and dad were both blonde as kids. I say, whatever color looks best, whether colored or not, than who cares. Personally, light brown on me was horrible! I am very pale and the darker color just didn't look right at all. I went blonde back in 1998, been that way since. Look at Britney Spears, she looks horrible as a brunette. She colored it like that for her wedding. I almost didn't know who it was. Blonde just works for her. What works for some people doesn't on others. And coloring one's hair red is tricky. Not many can pull that off. Even more tricky than going blonde says I! Besides, a good personality outshines all that other stuff anyway. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Well said, RhumbaRue!

A sassy lass with class gets the nod over a doozy of a floozy anytime. Carry on and be proud of that gift! It's a rarity to be sure.

The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com