"Being a pirate is all fun and games..."

Ahoy, mates!

I'm in need of aid, and I'm sure one of you will be able to help out. I need the lyrics to that classic, "Bein' a pirate is all fun and games..." Don't know if that's the title. It might be "It's all part of bein' a pirate" or even "You can't be a pirate with all of your parts."

I've heard it at a couple of gatherings, and enjoy it, but I'm usually ... how shall I put this? ... chemically incapacitated, or perhaps drunk would be a better word, to catch all the lyrics. So I've got one here and one there, but they don't make up a whole song.

And on the subject of favorite pirate tunes, it's hard to top "Scurvy" by Cap'n Bogg & Salty. You can hear the MP3 of it on their Web site.

Once again, I must say, that if you want the lyrics, it's only polite to contact the writer of them, since that's what he has stated he wants. The writer of the original song is Don Freed. The writer of the lyrics that everyone, at this point, knows, is Tom Lewis, up in Salmo, BC. You may recognize the name from the many fine albums of sea music he has put out.

He has asked, very specifically, that if someone wants the lyrics, he is happy to provide them. All they need to do is send him an email at seadog@netidea.com, asking for them.

Please refrain from posting the lyrics on this site, as I do know that is not something that he wants done. If you think I'm posting this frivolously, I would ask that you check his first album, Surfacing, and his latest album, 360, All Points of the Compass. I'm listed on both as a performer.

He is a close friend of both mine and Sir Nigel's, and I would ask that you respect his wishes in this regard.

Fair winds,

Trapper Graves

Captain of the Tinker's Damn