Tallship Challenge 2005

the Royaliste

Yep, that's right!...Startin' in the late spring, Tallships will be sailin' downcoast!....'ere's the schedule so far, with more ports being added. S.F. isn't listed, but will be on July 28....Tallship Challenge 2005 A lot of these ships are waaay big, but we're just right, so....If'n you've an interest in sailin' aboard the Royaliste in this period, and nothin' 'more interestin' has turned up for her, I'm not a 'charter', but will be booking limited guests for these events. Keep posted thru the Pyrate Ship

See ya on the Big Blue Briney, eh?

21_from_marina1.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saw th' news on the ASTA website awhile back, and I was just so excited that it is the Pacific Coast. :)

If'n yer sailing down this way (Los Angeles/Marina Del Rey/Long Beach), then I'd love to hop onto the Royaliste! Thankfully they added LA to their ports recently... I would ahve been very sad indeed if they missed us this year.

I'm really hopin' they hurry up and ink a few more California stops. As it stands now, there's 11 days or so betwixt S.F. and L.A.....I'd be likin' a few more stops, seein' as we be a mite smaller operation, and in need 'o huntin' a few dubloons on the way!....Thar be some big boys playin' this time, but for authentic scallywag type life ondeck, we're a mite haRRRRRd to beat!.. (somethin' to be said for a functionin' gundeck, as opposed to one where they 'occaisionally' drag out a gun or two for the passengers)....dependin' on personal business this winter, it may just be a 'sendoff' for the Royaliste, with the Panama coast in her nostrils....Stop on by for some rum, mate, or a sail.....

MAW-4.jpg

:lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Here's what I know as far as the scheduling thus far. I'm only listing California ports, as I don't believe we'll beat to windward for a start.

July 28- Aug. 1-San Francisco

Aug. 11-14-Los Angeles

Aug. 17-20-San Diego

Honolulu and Monterey scheduled on request by SSF; we may do Monterey for a stopover and restocking of whatever we missed leavin' homeport.

:P

ROYALISTE Terror 'o the Pacific

• 5 weeks later...

Pacific Northwest Pyrate Alert!

Just thought I should add that Tacoma, Washington is also on the schedule.

July 1-4 th

http://www.tallshipstacoma.com/ships.html

We pdx pirates and members of BOOM are plottin' and will surely be seeing you there!

Additional web sites: with pictures of ships: http://www.tacomascene.com/tallships/.

Freedom Fair: http://www.freedomfair.com/

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

Pacific Northwest Pyrate Alert!

Just thought I should add that Tacoma, Washington is also on the schedule.

July 1-4 th

http://www.tallshipstacoma.com/ships.html

We pdx pirates and members of BOOM are plottin' and will surely be seeing you there!

Additional web sites: with pictures of ships: http://www.tacomascene.com/tallships/.

Freedom Fair: http://www.freedomfair.com/

Wow!

Only three ships are confirmed for Tacoma? And one is a local? They invited something like 50 --- even the Seattle one had a couple of Class A's a few years back... I was hoping to take the crewe up north for the event, but I'm not sure now... may just scuttle our plans and head to a port with more ships...

Hard to compete with Sail Boston 92... That was a tallship gathering I'll never forget...

crosstrees1.jpg

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

This is a partial list of the southbound trip here in the Bay Area, but there's an April event in the works for those on the way 'upstream'.....

Country Ship (Naval) Ship (Private)

Australia

Young Endeavor

Young Endeavor

Brazil

(Motor/Sail Training Vessel)

Tocorime

Canada

Concordia

Chile

Esmeralda

Colombia

Gloria

Ecuador

Guayas

Germany

Gorch Fock

India

Indonesia

Dewaruci, Arung Sumadera

Japan

Kaiwo Maru, Nippon Maru II ,

Kojima

Kaisei, Kojima

Korea

Mexico

Cuauhtemoc, (Motor/Sail Training Vessel)

New Zealand

R Tucker Thompson

Norway

Christian Radich

Oman

Shabab Oman

Peru

Mollendo

Poland

Dar Mlodziezy

Romania

Mircea

Russian Federation

Pallada, Nadhezda

Spain

Juan Sebastian De Elcano

United States

Eagle

Jeremiah O'Brien, Balclutha, Privateer Lynx, Californian, Irving Johnson, American Pride, Tole Moar, Hawaiian Chieftain, Lady Washington, Alma, Gas Light, Pilgrim Of Newport, Zodiac, Royaliste

Uruguay

Capt Miranda

Venezuela

Simon Bolivar

Just rec'd a list from Doug Miller of the Tacoma events commission...

Here is a list of ships confirmed for Tacoma, WA July 4th weekend.

Thea Foss

Adventuress

Cuauhtemoc

Lady Washington

N. Star of Herschel Isl.

Odyssey

R. Tucker Thompson

Red Jacket

Rejoice

Yankee Clipper

Lynx

Zodiac

Lavengro

Resolute

Pacific Grace

Pacific Swift

Virginia V

Kaisei

Guayas

Pallada

CG-83527

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just received a new sail from Canada, to keep all things 'period' in sync..A heavy air working jib; it's simply gorgeous!!..Now, waiting on a new matching stays'l, and a new Main Course squaresail...Then, the Tallship Royaliste will be set for most any voyage wot lies ahead!!...Many thanks, Andy Soper at Kingston Sail Loft, Kingston, Ontario! :ph34r:

LCBowsprit1.JPG

:ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...
Those sound like good dates for me and me brood.  What are you charging to sail on the Royaliste?

Bloody 'eck, we'll just keep the fittest of the youngin's, and sell 'im off in Tortuga! :D ...........Actually, we'll most likely follow whatever protocol the fleet sets up, but you'll be the first on our guest list........

Aye Aye Captain,

Sounds like a grand time not be missed and August in Arizona is the best time to be escaping to California.

Hopefully, we will be meetin ye soon.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• 1 month later...

Moving the ship to Pier 39 put us off the internet, and after checking 'in' briefly today, it looks as though the Royaliste and Privateer Lynx will be doing Battle Sails at the Oxnard stop of Tallships Challenge 2005...We'll be givin' 'em wot for this weekend here too, but be warned, scallywags are headed your way!.......Aye!

:huh: