Movie stuff or historical fact?

Charity

Hi,

I was wondering what those skeletons in the moonlight are doing hammering away in POTC.

I've got pretty good screencaps of them and can see they hold hammers but i cannot figure out what they're doing, don't know enough about what went on back then on those ship.

I wondered if it's just something to look cool in the movie or something they actually did on ships, and if so, what it is they're doing? :lol:

hero.jpg

Hmmm... hard to say... in the specials isn't there a section where they show how this scene was created? I seem to recall seeing computer line graphics stuff in with that which may be a little easier to see.

Looking at the above pic, it does appear that in one hand is a wooden mallet and in another a metal hammer.

Blackjohn

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

hm.. *blush* i am totally lost with the terms yáll use but i understand they're closing barrels with a metal edge around it?

I guess after beeing in port Port Rpyal they could've brought along new water to put in them and might be getting the job of securing it done.

Thanks sofar :)

hero.jpg

• 1 month later...

I say they're banging on the barrels cause the barrels are empty and the fool skeletons want grog. I say they're fools, cause the stuff'll just spill right out of them since they got no skin or guts or nothing--a total waste of alcohol. I'd say we should kill 'em but the boney bastards're already dead.

Well...it IS a movie. They're probably just beating on the most likely thing that the movie-makers could come up with and using the most interesting tools a movie-maker could think of putting into an undead sailor's hands.

I've never seen a cooper wail on the top of a closed barrel like that before. (Not that I've seen a lot of coopers...)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG