Sparrow Tattoo!!

ok...my post is wayyyyyyy outdated but.....

i did find this artice about johnny depps tattoos..not just the sparrow. and it has an ok shot of the actual tattoo he got after the movie.

wish i was visitin my folks in virginny pynch...i'd get the sparrow tattoo on me :) and you'd do it of course

The Tattoos of Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp has maintained his rebel status and his legitimate acting talent throughout his career. He began getting tattoos on his arms at the age of seventeen, marking points in his life that he deemed significant. He has continued collecting tattoos over the years, and now as he moves into his forties, his arms are full of various images. Rarely do actors who enjoy mainstream success also pursue such intense expression of visual individuality, as these often clash with the transformation into various characters for their work.

Depp’s right upper arm includes images of a Cherokee Indian chief for his ancestral heritage and a banner reading “Wino Forever.” Originally it read “Winona Forever” and was in honor of his relationship with actress Winona Ryder. However, it has been proven once again that tattoos frequently last longer than love. This tattoo was laser edited following his breakup with the actress. His mother’s name “Betty Sue” is inside a heart with some tribal flourishing on his left upper arm. Over this is an inverted triangle design. Over his heart in script is “Lily-Rose” for his daughter.

About half of Depp’s tattoo collection have been done by NY tattooist Jonathan Shaw. You can see Shaw in Clint Eastwood’s movie TIGHTROPE, playing a tattoo artist. Several of his tattoos are understandable and symbolic specific to Depp himself. On one ankle is a skull and crossbones with the phrase “death is certain.” On his left hand, between the thumb and index finger, you can see the number three. He describes several small squares on his right index finger as a “permanent phone doodle.” Depp has also spoken in the past of having had the habit of cutting, of making deliberate markings with a knife blade. His arms have some places where he made deliberate cuts himself as acts of body art.

In the movie PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, Depp played Captain Jack Sparrow. Costuming and smears of fake dirt were used to cover up Depp’s tattoos during filming. His character had a tattoo, which was a fake for the movie, worn by Depp. He sported a sparrow tattoo on his forearm, along with a mark branded for pirating. After filming, he had his sparrow tattoo made permanent in honor of his young son Jack. He modified it slightly, flipping the sparrow around so that it is flying towards him instead of away from his body as it was in the movie.

Depp’s PIRATES co-star Orlando Bloom has an Elvish tattoo on his own forearm, a souvenir of the two years he spent making the Lord of the Rings movies. If you watch the DVD of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, you can briefly spot this tattoo in a few places. Watch for it on his right forearm during the sword fight when Sparrow taunts Will Turner about being a eunuch and also during the scene where Elizabeth (Keira Knightly) and Will (Bloom) talk about how she took the medallion when they were children.

winona_forever.jpgbettysue.jpgdepp_arms.jpg

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art9306.asp

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrmmm....

Buy Tats at officemax?

How do ya get ye arm r' any other bodypart inta th' printer?

Oh, ye print it onta a page n'..... a'right.....

Nay Pynch.... nothin' better 'n the real deal....

No pain, no gain...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Pynch Posted: Oct 26 2004, 10:03 AM   

Your neck, hands and feet are no-nos.

lol...already broke that "code"...and to be honest...i thought about mine A LOOOOOONG time before i got them. and i have jobs where it really doesnt matter (my current boss has lip pierced in a trendy upscale shop in tampa, not to mention tattoos).

i've had a skull n crossbones between my thumb and index for 10 years now and i still dont regret it...i've since added a small pink hibiscus to it. on my neck i have a blackfoot indian design. its on the vertbrae/back of neck. i've actually thought bout getting 2 (one on each side) drawings of indians on horseback (like the kind of drawings you'd see on old buffalo robes)

my advice is to think about what design you want....if you still want it just as bad in 6 months...get it! lol

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Hrmmm...

The Code... we must honour the code...

Well, I do...fer now....

I work within the realm o' the publik eye....

So all my tats are able to be hidden under a short sleeve shirt...

But I do have both ears pierced 3 times...

Still plan on gettin' my septum pierced...

Also, I will give the temp tat stuff a good mark... I used the one set of do it yerself inks ta try out a few ideas... they last long enough to give ye the feel of 'permanent' for long enough...

My first armband almost ended up on either my wrist or my lower arm instead of my bicep...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Next one is gona be a tall ship on me fore arm.

On the forearm it will hardly do the beauty of such a ship justice. One of our sailors had a three mast full rigged ship across his chest. Now that was something!

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

Your neck, hands and feet are no-nos.

lol...already broke that "code"...and to be honest...i thought about mine A LOOOOOONG time before i got them. and i have jobs where it really doesnt matter (my current boss has lip pierced in a trendy upscale shop in tampa, not to mention tattoos).

i've had a skull n crossbones between my thumb and index for 10 years now and i still dont regret it...i've since added a small pink hibiscus to it. on my neck i have a blackfoot indian design. its on the vertbrae/back of neck. i've actually thought bout getting 2 (one on each side) drawings of indians on horseback (like the kind of drawings you'd see on old buffalo robes)

my advice is to think about what design you want....if you still want it just as bad in 6 months...get it! lol

Yes dearest, but you're a Pirate. The no-no spots don't count for you. :huh:

For the general masses, especially those who are previously untouched by needle, I stand by what I recommended previously. I won't touch the hands, neck or feet of an ink free person if it's to be their first tattoo unless the do just what you've said...waited. And that's only happenned twice.

Most folks are in too much of a hurry to permanently mark themselves and those that give it serious thought, although a delight, are rare in my neck of the Chesapeake.

Aye...Pynch works in the ghetto. :)

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

Oooh...the last septum I pierced, my piercee kicked his feet like he were bein' hung when the needle went *crunch*!

Wheeee!!!!!

:huh:

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Pirate Petee Posted on Jun 7 2005, 05:01 PM

Funny how this topic popped up. I was just thinkin about gettin some more work done. I have six already. Even though one is still not done. Next one is gona be a tall ship on me fore arm. 

i feel your pain (pardon tattoo pun)...i have been craving for 1 over a year now...

not that i would get this exact piece, but what do you guys think of getting and converting/adjusting an old etching? something like this:

rackam.gif

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Yes dearest, but you're a Pirate. The no-no spots don't count for you. 
:huh::huh::huh:
Aye...Pynch works in the ghetto

ghetto=maryland?...lol...

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Yes dearest, but you're a Pirate. The no-no spots don't count for you. 
:huh::huh::huh:
Aye...Pynch works in the ghetto

ghetto=maryland?...lol...

Shhhhhh Pais...they *think* it's a ghetto, but it's really only Lexington Park.

Kinda funny.... three or more tattoos and your "Heavely Tattooed......" :huh:

I have a small star on my right wrist (did it myself.....)

and a spider on my right forearm (also did that one myself...... left handed....)

A Harley Shield on my right wrist.... sometimes I slightly regret it....but then remember that it comemorated a part of my life.......

And a sitting fox on my right shoulder (Hudson Bay musket proof mark)

When I lived in Tennessee, I had a friend that was starting a tattoo parlor, for $200 he would have covered my right or left arm with Klingon tattoos..... I had the money at the time , he did good work....... (it was such a "deal" because it would be "advertising" for him...) but I figured it would be too extreame for me....... now I'm glad I didn't go for it..... :huh:

not that i would get this exact piece, but what do you guys think of getting and converting/adjusting an old etching? something like this:

rackam.gif

Now *that* has the makings of a fine and unique piece!

for $200 he would have covered my right or left arm with Klingon tattoos

$200!!!! FOR A SLEEVE?????OMG!!!!!

I'M DYING OVER HERE!!! NEED MORE INK!!!

(i dream of having a full sleeve, dang it)

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Now *that* has the makings of a fine and unique piece!

would be awsome blackwork, eh pynch?

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

$200!!!! FOR A SLEEVE?????OMG!!!!!

Like I said (well typed) he was a friend, and he needed to "show off " his work........ And his work was good. so it was a "special" price.......

Happens all the time...I always cut breaks on things I know are going to be special or will promote my artwork.

But I'll charge the bejeezus out of you for a Kanji on the neck.

Pyyyyyrate... :)

Oooh...the last septum I pierced, my piercee kicked his feet like he were bein' hung when the needle went *crunch*!

Wheeee!!!!!

:ph34r:

Hehehe....

Thot 'e was doin' a jig inna air, did 'e?

Yep, gonna be 'interestin' when I get it done...

My local inkslingers hubby does th' piercin's...

He did his own septum, got it all in digi pics...

Took him 10 minutes to work himself up to do it....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Next one is gona be a tall ship on me fore arm.

On the forearm it will hardly do the beauty of such a ship justice. One of our sailors had a three mast full rigged ship across his chest. Now that was something!

Its not gonna be the side veiw. Its an old traditional style tall ship frontal view. Something like these.

MarcusShipWM.jpgship2.jpg:ph34r:

Petee-2.jpg

But I'll charge the bejeezus out of you for a Kanji on the neck.

ok...what in the heck is a...kanji?????? lol

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

kanji - kahn'jee : From Japanese "Kan" (the Chinese Han dynasty) and "ji": glyph or letter of the alphabet. The Japanese word for a Han letter used in Japanese.

Kanji signs are very popular for tattoos.

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"