Pistols & muskets

Toe Cutter

Arrr I be wonderin when attending fairs n festivals do ya carry a working arm or non-firin replica?

and if ya aint part of the cast in a fair do they allow ya ta carry a real working arm?

I know the Ga. ren fest only allows blades that are peace bound, but I'm not sure their policy on pistols n such.

B)

"They'll have to kill me before I die"

jollyroger.gif

Well me be carrying all the time! And only travel to states that let me carry. But not be having anything to do with being a pirate!

I would like to have an old musket, one that worked. But I would also like to have a pirate out fit to ware. But that be another issue! B)

Buying an old musket, and finding out ifn she still fires is something that must be done safely! Ya don't want that blowing up in your hand.

Should be done by someone with a test bench. Mount the musket or pistol in a vice made for this and move back and pull the trigger with a long string, as it be pointed down range and everyone is a safe distance away. Ball in it or no, it should test fired before ya need hook!

B)

B)

I dont really like to carry but i be a wench *pats her chest* these be the only wepon i need

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

:lol::lol: everyones a critic

But why is the rum gone?

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

****Eyeballs the array of cannons, swivel gun, assorted calibers of blunderbuss' an' 'locks', peers into powder magazine, suprized at being down to a handful of pounds of blackpowder****

..Hmmm, like darkthing said earlier, we pack it all, and most of it CAN go booom, but DOESN'T, unless we've cleared everything. This applies to all water I sail on, but the landlubbers seem to write different rules most everywhere.......

I be havin a non-firing replica type pistol I wear with me garb, but havin a one that worked would be cool . Specially when I go to the gun range, I wonders if ya could trap & skeet shoot wit a muzzle loader?

Well me be carrying all the time! And only travel to states that let me carry. But not be having anything to do with being a pirate!

I'll agree thar! 9 times out o 10 when me leaves tha house I be packin[with concealled permit], lets tha bad guys figger out which one I'm not!

:lol:

"They'll have to kill me before I die"

jollyroger.gif

Some considerations:

Are ye lookin' for authenticity?

Johnny Depp carried a real18 th century french pistol, while the rest of the cast used modern repros. A few thousand dubloons VS a few hunnert--and they all looked good ta me.

Are ye plannin' on usin' it in another settin?

Non Firin' replicas make good props when ye're just wanderin around th ren-faire. But there ain't nuthin quite like firin' a black powder piece. Its dirty, greasy, smoky, and smells like the fires o' hell. The flash in the pan--hesitation--then boom! And the heavy recoil of a 50 or 75 caliber musket-- Well, in short: ITS FUN!!

How much muny ye gots ?? Non firin'props are usually cheaper.

The main issue for attendin' any public event is do they organizers allow it. That has ta be checked with th' organizers. Be a good pirate lad and ask first. These days the Renaissance (and medieval eras) have gone into cyberspace so an E-mail to the faire's site is a simple matter.

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

I wonders if ya could trap & skeet shoot wit a muzzle loader?

Yes ye, can. Smoothbores, like Brown Bess muskets and the more piraty blunderbuss can be loaded with wadding and bird shot, and make pretty good shotguns.

I have a 12 ga double barreled percussion shotgun that does wonders on ducks and upland game birds.

The main problems with trap and skeet shootin' (aside from them nor bein' really good eatin') is that muzzle loaders are very ssslllooowww to reload safely at a skeet range. And all the white sulphury smoke annoys lots of modern gunners downwind.

Mary's packin only one 38?? I coulda sworn it was double barreled? *removes non 17th century bifocals to clean them*

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Its double berrel believe me and a 40 (c cup that is) lol

But why is the rum gone?

:ph34r: thanks that last comment made my day

But why is the rum gone?