The Eleventh Of September

Kendra The Sea Maid

Children went to learn and play on the autumn day.

A great wave of loss and despair was felt everywhere

People came with love to share.

Never forget, always remember. . .

The eleventh of September.

Devastation more than words can tell, as towers and sprits fell.

Grief and pain was upon every face,

Yet God’s hand rested on us full of mercy and of grace.

The weak were made strong, and righted that which was wrong.

Giving their lives to save others,

People we are proud to call “sister’s and brother’s.”

Inspired By: God & The One Year Anniversary of September 11th

Written by: Shana L. Martin

©Shana L. Martin, Largo FL. All rights reserved

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

**Doffs hat**

So history pays us a visit again....May we never forget the tragic events of this day. Remember those who's lives were lost because of the event, those who were lost when bravely stepping into harms way to save the survivors and those who were left behind, who's family and friends would never return home. May the tragedy of September 11th, leave a brand on our souls so that it is a constant reminder of those innocents sacrificed for selfish means and ignorance. My thoughts and blessings go out to all affected.......

Privateer & Commander of "Finnegan's Wake"

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

There are few moments in our lives where we remember in detail where we were at a certain time on a certain day. I was sitting in the Dr's office at one of my pre-natal appointments and I remember someone walking in and said a plane had crashed in NYC. When I got home I learned the real truth of what had happened. I remember sitting watching in horror, tears in my eyes saying why over and over and over again.

To this day, I still ask why. Many of us think of a battle as during a war. But on that day a call to duty rang out to many to go to fight the battle of battles. One that many had trained for but had never experienced. All victims, from the office worker, to the delivery person, to the men and women of the thin blue line, to the men and women of the red line, all will be remembered as 9/11, a day when everyone was just doing their job and became heros that will live eternal. 9/11 encompasses all that of what heros are.

• 5 years later...

9/11 was a very sad day in history for many people in a number of ways. Most obviously was the loss of life for those in and to close to the towers as well as the plane passengers. 9/11 was a day of heroes, villains, and victims.