Flogging Molly goes PIRATE!

JoshuaRed

My FAVORITE band, FLOGGING MOLLY have a new cd out on Tues the 14th...and it's got PIRATES!!!! OH YEAH!!!

If you haven't listened to these guys (and gal) you need to. It's the best and baddest Irish punk on the planet. I've been following them for awhile now, and they just get better and better. From time to time, they've flirted with the subject of piracy, mostly in the graphics of their shirts. But on the new cd they have at least 3 tracks I know of that are about pirates:

Seven Deadly Sins

Queen Anne's Revenge

Tobacco Island (about Barbados)

Wanna listen? Check it out HERE. Go to the Goodies area, for mp3 files of Seven Deadly Sins and QAR. Trust me, this group is the real deal, kick ass, original product. Their songs always deal with the downtrodden, the oppressed, the desperate thieves, in a rockin' punk way that will get you moving. You can "hear the pirates" even in their work that isn't specifically about piracy.

So, if you like your music hard, fast as hell and raw as a keelhaul, get this new cd on Tuesday: Flogging Molly - Within A Mile Of Home.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got me that album and i was truly impressed i was i think mostly with the song wrong company!

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

oh i love that song i dose me friend plays it on his guitar and i sing at school ofcourse he's more of a gypse then a pirate

But why is the rum gone?

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Dropkick is a pathedic attempt at good music in my opinion, its just noise to me one might as well take a sledge hammer and beat it on a glass window i dont know if i would tell the diffrence.... but then again i have a bias opinion now dont i.

But why is the rum gone?

• 2 weeks later...

Floggin Molly actually inspired my new actin troops name now that i think of it

But why is the rum gone?

aye it be true love

But why is the rum gone?

Many fair winds to you Joshua Red for the reccommendation. Just bought the CD...and it's FABULOUS!

Now, if'n I can just get the "Cap'n Pike's" Metallica out of the shops hurdy-gurdy, I may even get tae listen whilst I'm slingin' ink today.

:ph34r:

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

have fun with that pynch

But why is the rum gone?

• 3 weeks later...

Aye. them both are good bands. I went ta me local hottopics store, but they didn't have tha disc. I had ta go ta mall. Every one makes way for tha pirate. Hehe . Maybe its tha hat?

As fer tha disc, I ordered it and recommended them ta stock it.

Thanks fer tha news.

:huh:

Well, I just picked up the new disk yesterday. I have to say that I am a wee bit dissapointed. It lacks the flash and energy of some their other stuff. It feels toned down and overly polished.

The Duchess

Picked up the cd on it's release date, (I am a wee bit late on me 2 'bloons on the subject). Have enjoyed it to the upmost. There are alot of nods to the strife of Irish history, if you know what you are looking at. Tobacco Island is a prime example, in the chorus as well as the mention of Cromwell and the Roundheads. ( early to mid 1600's) The butcher and his crown ,refers directly to England and Cromwell. Cromwell is cursed to this day for the slaughter of innocents on the Auld Sod. ( Made a mess of Wexford, right bastard he was.)

Factory Girls contains a section of an Irish traditional song called, Whiskey On A Sunday,( The Puppet Song) , was I suprised to hear that, have always liked it in it's entirety.

I could go on for ages. I tip me hat to ye, JoshuaRed. Had you not mentioned the link to the sampler I would have never given them a shot. (I knew of their being around but was leary) As for being classified as Punk, that is amusing in itself. I am showing my age by saying I remember Punk in it's original form. Flogging Molly is not quite what I would put in that class. Their fast stuff sounds like Pub music on overdrive, nothing more.......and that's ok. There be me two bobs....

Privateer & Commander of "Finnegan's Wake"

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

Dropkick Murphy's pre-Al Barr: AWESOME!!!!

DropKick Murphy's post-Al Barr: AWFUL!!!!!!

Mike McColgan's sideburns: mediocre

Al Barr's sideburns: MAGNIFICENT!!!

So you see, it's a toss up. But Flogging Molly does kick a whole ass-load of ass.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum