**IMPORTANT** Pirates R US -Ebay Fraud

I just took another look at his auctions.

He is in fact selling four "Unique" Gorgets, he is testing the market, as the buy it now price has gone up with every submission, starting at $64.99. The Price is now up to $89.99 for a $30.00 Gorget.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another thing!

Ok, I should get all of my facts together before I make a posting, but I just noticed this.

He is now, no longer using the Jas Townsend Pictures.

This suggests to me that he hass either been contacted by Jas Townsend,

or that he reads this message board, and has noted the previous threads.

It seems to be un unlikly coincidence that he changes the pictures after a discussuon about the copyright of images on ebay.

And another thing!

Ok, I should get all of my facts together before I make a posting, but I just noticed this.

He is now, no longer using the Jas Townsend Pictures.

This suggests to me that he hass either been contacted by Jas Townsend,

or that he reads this message board, and has noted the previous threads.

It seems to be un unlikly coincidence that he changes the pictures after a discussuon about the copyright of images on ebay.

He was indeed! I let Jas. Townsend know about it last week, and Jon Townsend emailed me back, saying that they had told him to stop using their photos. Guess he stopped. For awhile at least. I'll keep an eye on him.

Check this one out! He's calling this monstrosity a "Pirates Of The Caribbean Crows Nest Prop!" It's just a crappy piece of macrame! The only ship this has ever been on is the container ship it came over from China in!

If he keeps this up, he'll blow his credibility by the end of the week.

Here's his copy cut directly from the listing that Ace of Harbor Bay just linked to:

ORIGINAL MOVIE PROP

"PIRATE BONE BOX"

From the Block Buster

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

Now is you time to own a piece of MOVIE HISTORY. You are Bidding on a Original Movie Prop used in the Pirates of the Caribbean. This was used as a background prop.

I stand corrected. Wow, someone really should stop him. I think we should send an army of Jack Sparrow clones after him... ;)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Here's his copy cut directly from the listing that Ace of Harbor Bay just linked to:

ORIGINAL MOVIE PROP

"PIRATE BONE BOX"

From the Block Buster

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

Now is you time to own a piece of MOVIE HISTORY.  You are Bidding on a Original Movie Prop used in the Pirates of the Caribbean.  This was used as a background prop.

I stand corrected. Wow, someone really should stop him. I think we should send an army of Jack Sparrow clones after him... :blink:

Clone 001 reporting for duty!

Most of been Terrible for you Jack , It bloody well is now! - Capt'n Jack Sparrow

i think this might be another rip-off clone :ph34r::ph34r:

home | pay | register | sign out | services | site map

Advanced Search

Back to list of items Listed in category: Entertainment Memorabilia > Movie Memorabilia > Props > Originals

Pirates Of The Caribbean British Officers Sword Prop

Comes With Letter Certificate From Studio Prop Auction! Item number: 7523159741

You are signed in Watch this item in My eBay | Email to a friend

Larger Picture

Starting bid: US $99.99

price: US $129.99

Time left: 1 day 6 hours

3-day listing, Ends Jun-14-05 21:43:22 PDT

Start time: Jun-11-05 21:43:22 PDT

History: 0 bids

Item location: Midwest

United States

Ships to: Worldwide

Shipping costs: Calculate shipping costs

Shipping, payment details and return policy

Seller information

factorydirectparts ( 55)

Feedback Score: 55

Positive Feedback: 100%

Member since Apr-27-05 in United States

Read feedback comments

Add to Favorite Sellers

Ask seller a question

View seller's other items

Visit this seller's eBay Store!

Factory Direct Parts

Safe Buying Tips

Description

Ues in many scenes with the British Officers, this is unique and he only has one of this type. I am selling these for my uncle who is a re-enactor and who was on location in St. Vincent during the fiming of Pirates Of The Carribean. My Uncle is a unique person who is somewhat a pack rat, he buys all kinds of items, collects, and sells, and has friends that are prop suppliers and picks up some really great stuff, his specialty is horses, and he has been doing acting/extra work for over 20 years, he has participated in many movies. This unique gorget has some minor wear, dings wear which are consistant with this type of movie prop. It comes with a tag # and nice Letter Of Authenticity numbered. Buyer pays shipping, payment due within 7 days of auction.

We prefer payment with AuctionCheckout. The safe, smart, secure way to pay on eBay!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select a picture

FREE Counters and Services from Andale

Shipping, payment details and return policy

Services Available Available to

US Postal Service Priority Mail® United States Only

US Postal Service Parcel Post® United States Only

USPS Airmail Parcel Post Worldwide

Will ship to Worldwide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping insurance

Required

Seller's return policy:

Item must be returned within: 7 Days Refund will be given as: Money Back

Seller's payment instructions

https://www.auctioncheckout.com/checkout.php

Calculate shipping

Enter your US ZIP Code:

click Calculate or select an international destination

Learn more about how calculated shipping works.

Payment methods accepted

Personal check

Money order/Cashiers check

Visa/MasterCard, Discover

Learn about payment methods.

Ready to bid or buy? help

Pirates Of The Caribbean British Officers Sword Prop

Place a Bid

Buy It Now

Starting bid: US $99.99

Your maximum bid: US $

(Enter US $99.99 or more)

You will confirm in the next step.

eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid.

Learn about bidding.

price: US $129.99

You will confirm in the next step.

Purchase this item now without bidding.

Learn about Buy It Now.

What else can you do?

Back to list of items | Ask seller a question | Add to Calendar | Printer friendly page

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

About eBay | Announcements | Security Center | Policies | Site Map | Help

Copyright © 1995-2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

eBay official time

• 5 months later...

The name PiraesRUs has resurfaced on ebay.

see this link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIRATES-OF-THE-CARIB...1QQcmdZViewItem

I am not sure that this is the origional Pirates R Us, but they have joined TrippleCTreasures, who have been selling Pirate "STUFF" for some time, often implying, bit never outright claiming, a connection with Pirates of the Carribean.

So far, they do not claim to be selling POTC props, but they claim that their treasure chests, are made by the supplier for the next film.

On their website,

http://www.piratesrus.net/

They describe these as exact copies of the props used in the film,

enlarge the pictue on this page a(By clicking on it) and tell me what you think.

http://www.piratesrus.biz/displayProductDo...2&categoryId=10

in the weapons section, they are selling two familiar looking swords as the Jack Sparrow Cutlass, and the Will Turner sword.

Needless to say, they bear no resemblance to any sword used in the film.

So far, I see no evidence that this is the return of the old Pirates-R-Us, but it may be wise to watch this space.

ORIGINAL MOVIE PROP

"PIRATE BONE BOX"

From the Block Buster

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

Now is you time to own a piece of MOVIE HISTORY.  You are Bidding on a Original Movie Prop used in the Pirates of the Caribbean.  This was used as a background prop.

I stand corrected. Wow, someone really should stop him. I think we should send an army of Jack Sparrow clones after him... ;)

Let me at him!!!!

Most of been Terrible for you Jack , It bloody well is now! - Capt'n Jack Sparrow

ARRRR That Bilge Rat be tarnishing the good name of Pyracy, he is. Hope EBay scrubbs the barnacles off his belly right proper.

Just so there be no confusion, yours truly wants to say there is no relationship between the good folks at http://www.PyratesR.US and that kind of pirate. We be good PYRATES -note spelling? Do I need to carve inta ye head?

ArrRoger@PyratesR.US :lol:

Hey, I lerned to spel at the Pyracy Pub

Aye Stormfeather, Dwinks all awound :lol:

Huzzah!! from Portlandia ORygun sez the Pyrate with a tankard in hand.

-- ArrRoger -Captain of the Privateer Jollycraft OnLine@ www.PyratesR.us

cruiser.gif

Two thoughts:

I find it darkly humorous that a band of pirates will get together to stop a thief like this.....

And kudos to you all for doing it; it shows what a band of brethren you all really are when it comes down to it.

here's to ye!

:rolleyes:

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

I find it darkly humorous that a band of pirates will get together to stop a thief like this.....

Doesn't surprise me in the least. Just further proves what I've discovered in the short time since I've become a brother pyrate. Every single person I've had the pleasure to meet, either at faires, or in the virtual reality of this pub, are good people who enjoy spending time with others who share their passion. Good people look out for each other, and that's exactly what is happening here. Don't mess with a pyrate!!! :huh:

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

• 2 months later...

These items have just turned up on ebay.

They have all the trademarks of our old friend Pirates-R-us.

Pirates Of The Caribbean Prop Padlock

ANOTHER Pirates Of The Caribbean Prop Padlock

Pirates Of The Caribbean Set Of 8 Prop Coins

He is now trading as gmwholesaleparts

and the clincher is yet another Jas Townsend Gorget sold as a prop from the Patriot

The Patriot Movie Prop British Prop Gorget

In the auction for the gorget, you will see a familiar Pirates-r-us trademark. An irrelevant still from the film to prove the items authenticity.

This guy just win't stay dead.

Tall Paul.

But they come with a certificate of authenticity! Movie prop departments don't keep stuff lying around unless it's properly documented, now, right?

;););)

If anyone wants a certificate of authenticity for anything, just let me know. I also do deeds for bridges and tunnels, and bills of sale for parcels of swamp land in Florida.

They have all the trademarks of our old friend Pirates-R-us.

:huh: AVAST! :huh: Least the slacker's not besmudgin' this Pyrate's good name anymore. Drinks all around, Yarr! B)

Huzzah!! from Portlandia ORygun sez the Pyrate with a tankard in hand.

-- ArrRoger -Captain of the Privateer Jollycraft OnLine@ www.PyratesR.us

cruiser.gif

He is getting bolder, Three new "Pirates of the caribbean" Props have turned up on ebay from the seller now known as gmwholesale parts. and these definately bear the stamp of pirates-R-Us

Pirates Of The Caribbean Prop Treasure Chest

and

Pirates Of The Caribbean Silver Plated Bar Prop

Well I don't work in any prop department, but both of those chests DID NOT appear in POTC!

Though I must say, the price is nice and affordable, even if they are fakes. :ph34r:

US $89.99 seams kind of pricy to me, compared with the cost of similar items on ebay.

I think that he was just testing the water, he has just listed a stack of new "Pirates of the Caribbean props" including a 5 litre barrel at the same price as i recently paid for a 50 litre barrel, and another chest, of the same size as the previous one, but this time at the knock down price of US $134.99.

OK, mates. Being in the prop department of 2 & 3, and knowing the whereabouts of the props from the first movie, I can truthfully say that not one single actual prop has been sold on ebay, unless it was a Disney sanctioned sale, as were some of the original costumes sold early on. We are still using 90% of the props from 1, and I know what prop houses still have the remaining props. Even the coins are not the type used in 1,2,or 3. They were actually cast for the films, and are unlike any you can buy on the market. As far as cutlasses, they also were created for the film, and are unavailable anywhere at this time. The Sword in the Stone has some lookalikes available of Barbossa's sword, but since they made the original, it seems only fair. No props would be available to anyone, unless they were stolen, and the chances of that are extremely slim. Beware of locks, chests, etc. as well. Most of the chests used are made from scratch, or they are able to be purchased at pier 1, or someplace. No letters of authenticity are valid. Barbossa's hat was for sale? Yikes!!! Don't fall for that one! BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Well, Having "Tested the water" with a few select items, he has just dumped a load of new Pirates of the caribbean props on ebay.

Thee are now about twenty POTC "props" plus items attributed to other films like The Patriot and The Alamo.

Looking at the format of his pages, I now have no doubt that this is Pirates-R-Us under a different name.

(I am not as obsessed as I may sound, I just have a search set up on ebay to flag props from pirate movies, and this guy just keeps flooding the reports at the moment.)

I notice that he has the auctions set up to hide the identity of bidders, so it is imposible to contact his customers before or after the fact.

One item that caught my eye was the Pirates of the Caribbean promotional plaque.

Pirates Of The Caribbean Pirate Copper Plaque

which origionaly sold for over $100 ;)

Possibly worth the $24.99 he is asking for it????