POTC Soundtrack - AMAZING!

JoshuaRed

i involved myself in piracy and downloaded the whole thing B)

im not much of a musical person - rock & roll suits my soul more. but i have to admit the soundtrack is brilliant. i find myself listening to 'will and elizabeth' and 'he's a pirate' over and over again. its a must for my christmas list and if not ill just go out and steal it B)

Thought I'd add my two pence to this thread:

Mad Gracie plays track 5 ("Swords Crossed") over and over... I can attest to this, I've had the track burned into my ears. 'Course, I may have played it myself a few times.

Hats off to composer Klaus Badelt, and my favorite producer Hans Zimmer (himself composer of the memorable, powerful scores to "Crimson Tide" and "Blackhawk Down".

For those that haven't heard it, or only glossed over "Swords Crossed", let me set the stage: The music starts on a low note, bass strings... very ominous. Very slowly, very gradually, it starts building. More instruments ease into the mix and you almost don't notice how the sound is growing around you. The music tells a story all by itself. You feel that something is up, that something is moving through the mists, getting closer...

1:11 into the track - a transition! The pirate flag is going up, yet nobody has really seen it yet. The slow fuzes are alight, yet the town is asleep!

1:24 The sword is flying and the victim has no idea what is about to happen. It is building and building and building until the tension is unbearable!

1:41 BROADSIDES! The Sh*t has hit the fan! Imagine power chords from an entire orchestra!

2:30-2:31 A pause in the score. Silence. It has ended on a dramatic -

BAM!

It hasn't ended at all! It slams you on the other side. Like a horror movie, you are a surprised by an attack from where you least expect it.

3:15 The coda wraps nicely into track 6 "Walk The Plank", keeping the tension high as it hands you off to the next scene.

And that, ladies and gentlemen... and the rest of you pirates... is how to a score a movie! A 21-gun salute to Badelt, Zimmer and Bruckheimer for the soundtrack of the year.

Only by great risks can great results be achieved.

-Xerxes

Guest [BB] lkg

arrr i have been looking for the track but no ones got it down here in houston arrrr. ppl dont get pirates mad B) . i cant wait for the movie to come out on video or dvd its going to be sold out for weeks lol then i can watch it every day lol. B)B)B)