POTC Soundtrack - AMAZING!

JoshuaRed

:ph34r:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

The POTC soundtrack is sold out in the Bay Area!!! I hit Tower Records, Rasputin Records, Barnes & Noble, Circuit City and Fry's Electronics. Every blasted one is sold out!

Rasputin has one copy left at their Berkeley location. I knew I should have ordered it on-line!!

But thar be hope on the horizon... Tower has 20 more copies due to arrive!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I finally got my CD. I got it by calling the record store that had them on order every day until they finally came in today. 20 copies were put on the rack today and by the time I got there I got the second to the last one!!! I'm betting that one is gone by now!! I would say just get it on-line. Here in the bay area, all the stores are sold out.

I love the CD!! It reminds me very much of the Gladiator soundtrack. On the way home, my husband said he wanted to replace the car steering wheel with a ship's wheel... I told him that would be perfect for his Buick LeSabre!

Just had a good laugh while playing the CD today...

My husband and I were going through the drive through car wash, just as the washbuckling score came on that was played as Johnny Depp is up on the yardarm

He's into the music, swayin' side to side... All around us the "waves" be crashin' over th' decks and onto the winshield!! ARRRRRRRRRR!!

I look over give him a big pirate grin and shouts

"Roll down the windows lad!!! Go for it!!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

I am loving the soundtrack as well...I must have played fifty to 60 times already. I have been in a musical slump for sooo long and this is the pick me up I have looking for. I haven't listeded to a score this good since the Two Towers.

The thing I don't get is the limited availibility. I had to order mine and evertime I go into a store it is sold out. I really hope the soundtrack is doing that well. Hey maybe we will see an oscar nor for Klaus Badelt...lets hope so.

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to get the last copy on the shelf at Sam Goody, and it is such a great cd. All the songs on the cd were great, though kinda repetitive but I loved all of it! Now I have something to listen to when I get tired of John Williams (Star Wars composer if land lubbers didn't know :unsure: ) I especially liked the "He's a Pirate" and "Skulls and Crossbones" tracks.

---- Capn' Jack Skywalker

Aye! Best sound score I've yet gathered. I can't wait t' go about town with me windows down, blastin' the music and gettin' strange looks from all the lubbers that don't know what it be. :lol:

It might be considered sad that I know exactly what parts o' the movie the songs play at and am able t' picture 'em in me mind clear as day...

's what happens when ye seen it 4 times in theatres, savvy?

My point was, the songs be quite capable o' provoking a chuckle. The Medallion Calls, in example. Ye all surely know where in the film that plays first, aye?

:angry:

--

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Aye lads! I been rattlin' windows 'bout town with POTC as well! What I be reeeeeeeeeally lookin' ferward to is when we get our parade float done- sailin' down the streets o' the town, cutlass raised, music blarin' and cannon's blastin' confetti, tauntin' the landlubbers on the sidewalks!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! A PIRATE'S LIFE FER ME!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

The soundtrack is great on my computer or theater system, but in my truck with it's poor ole' cassette-to-CD adaptor, the bass on the CD creates such a horrid noise that it sounds horrid! Does it stop me from listening? Nay, never, not in a million years! :ph34r:

Black Pearl

"An apt and true reply was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride. 'What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor." Saint Augustine