Pirates in Colorado??

Anyone from the Rockie state?

I live in Colorado now. I'm not a native, but I got here as fast as I could!

Ironically, I moved from here from Georgia. Odd for a pyrate to move AWAY from the coast I know, but I love it here!

Cheers,

Broadside, his mark :lol:

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

Sounds good Marona. The CO Ren Faire starts in July, I think, so maybe you'll be here around that time.

I only went once this year, but it looked like there might be a buccaneer crew carousin' there.

Look forward to talkin' to ya.

Cheers,

Broadside, his mark :o

P.S. I believe there's another scallywag on this here forum from Longmont, CO.

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

Ahoy, mates! I be born and raised in Colorado, lived there until 1998, when I moved to Seattle. I am currently residing in the weather-blown state of Florida. People look at me strange when they ask me why I moved to Florida. My reply? "To be a pirate."

Marona, where will you be going to school, and what are you studying?

Broadside, whereabouts do you live? Have I asked you that before? Do you ever get Deja Vu? Have I asked you that before?

I used to work the Colo Ren Fest as well. If'n ye go, stop by Pendragon Bodices and say hi to Dave. And post a report. I'd be curious to know things go down there these days.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Mate Nigel,

I dropped anchor in the town of Westminster, kinda in between Denver and Boulder if you don't already know.

We enjoyed the CO Renfest a lot, even though we only got to go once this season. Definitely plan on going a few times next year.

It's beautiful here in CO, but I miss being near the coast. Not that I ever actually lived ON the coast, nor particular close to it. I think it was just the knowledge that I could be on the beach within a reasonable amount of time. I feel kinda land-locked here, as I'm sure you know.

Anyway, from whereabouts in CO do ye hail?

Cheers,

Broadside

The CO Ren Faire starts in July,

Is that the faire just outside Colo Sprgs? If so, that's the first faire that I ever attended. The Bristol Faire north of Chicago is the faire that I've attended the most, but now that I live in NC, I've been to the faire near Charlotte once and plan to attend many more times.

The CO Ren Faire starts in July,

Is that the faire just outside Colo Sprgs?

I reckon that's the same one. It's in the town of Castle Rock, in between Denver and Co Srings. So it could be just outside Co Srings or just outside o' Denver, depending on yer point o' reference. (D@mn to the depths Einstein and his blasted Theory o' Relamativity!) But I'm pretty sure that be the one since it's the only Renfest I heard tale 'bout 'round here.

Anyway, I've also been to the Faire just outside o' Charlotte a coupla times as well. I really enjoyed that one and I'd love to go back one o' these days.

Never been to Bristol, however.

Cheers,

Broadside, his mark :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Well I personally have not to my knowledge come across one (not counting the ren fair), but then it could be they are just hard to spot in normal present day life. EDIT Wait, actually I took a picture of one at an anime convention I attended, don't remember much about his costume except it was blue. I'll try to get that scanned sometime.

Looking on the No Quarter Given website under 'Crews' there seem to be a couple groups. One near the Utah border in Clifton, CO & one in Colorado Springs (if they are still active). Look for 'The Pirates Of New Providence' and 'Free Company Of The Mourning Glory'.

There are few in people in the Denver area who have signed up with the Denver Pirates Meetup, though the group does not appear to be active.

Sorry Broadside, it appears I never did respond to your previous post. I was born and raised in Lakewood (a suburb of Denver) in the shadow of Adolf (Coors). Lived there until 1998, when I moved to Seattle in the shadow of Uncle Bill (Gates). I currently live in Orlando in the shadow of the rat (Uncle Walt).

The Colorado Ren Fest is actually in the town of Larkspur, which is between Castle Rock and Colorado Springs, about 45 min south of Denver. However, with today's traffic, that estimate may be seriously inaccurate.

Some of me old Ren Fest mates live in Westminster. You probably know them? (That's like saying "Oh, you work for the phone company? Do you know a guy named Dave?") lol

Turtle, how long have you lived in Colorado? Always curious to find out if I know people in common.

As for pirate groups, mayhaps ye could start yer own crewe?

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

Turtle, how long have you lived in Colorado? Always curious to find out if I know people in common.

Most of my life, though never in one place for very long.

Childhood : Very briefly in Colorado Springs, moved around Lakewood a lot. Other wise high school and beyond has been mostly in Loveland.

As for pirate groups, mayhaps ye could start yer own crewe?

My friends have suggested that, they told me I could be Captain. Though I really don't have a whole lot of pirate knowledge yet. In my mind I'm not sure of my qualifications, seeing as I'd be using the dead fish look alot.

Crew : 'So what do you want us to do?' Me *dead fish look*

Crew : 'Um, you can give us orders now.' Me *dead fish look*

Crew : 'You know, to do something piratey.' Me *dead fish look*

Crew : 'Are you ok?' Me *dead fish look*

Crew : 'Do we need to call for help?' Me *dead fish look*

Crew : 'You have no idea what your doing, do you?' Me *dead fish look* 'No?'

Ar, just fer the record, I LOVE the dead fish look... reminds me of a girl I once had in school... umm.. WHere was I?

:P

Oh, yeah... I live in Thornton, Turtle-boy, and I know where Westminster is... I hit the Mall there on occasion and the Wal Mart, too (It's a SUPER Wal Mart...*gets all giddy like a shoolboy*)

Haha... ok, ok. Everybody CALM DOWN! Relax and the shark wont bite you... they only eat tense, type-A personality types. Its a well-known fact that sharks never eat people who are relaxed around them.. see? Just slowly reach out and pet his little nose... nice and slow... like this.. See? They know I'm not afraid of GAK! Ack! Me Arm! Me Arm!

Anyway.. sorry bout that tangent there. Twas a wild one, I know.

*smaks head* :ph34r:

Ok then. Hey Nigel. Pendragon hasn't had a booth at Colo Faire for like 8 years or more now. Haha.. Old fart... Anyway...

We're all a bit landlocked, tis true, but what do we need water for if we've got the grog? I mean, the French may insist on a bit of water with their alcohol but why would a Pirate bother?

We can party here like Landlocked Pirate RockStars!

Umm.. wow. Been a LONG day... Pre-Christmas freak out, I guess. I think I'll be ok. Just give me some air...

Err.. did I say hello?

Hey, Turtle... Do ya know how ta sing? I'm thinkin about getting a nice little Shanty group together... Admittidly, my Pirate Music knowledge is limited to the Jolly Rogers from Kansas but Nigel knows quite a lot and I can always bribe him for information with doggy treats or some such (he's actually sort of simple.. a savant, kinda.. but he's nice enough if you keep around a selection of chew-toys).

Bye Bye now!

Arr!

:ph34r:

Ar, just fer the record, I LOVE the dead fish look... reminds me of a girl I once had in school... umm.. WHere was I?

:P

Oh, yeah... I live in Thornton, Turtle-boy, and I know where Westminster is... I hit the Mall there on occasion and the Wal Mart, too (It's a SUPER Wal Mart...*gets all giddy like a shoolboy*)

Haha... ok, ok. Everybody CALM DOWN! Relax and the shark wont bite you... they only eat tense, type-A personality types. Its a well-known fact that sharks never eat people who are relaxed around them.. see? Just slowly reach out and pet his little nose... nice and slow... like this.. See? They know I'm not afraid of GAK! Ack! Me Arm! Me Arm!

Anyway.. sorry bout that tangent there. Twas a wild one, I know.

*smaks head* :ph34r:

Ok then. Hey Nigel. Pendragon hasn't had a booth at Colo Faire for like 8 years or more now. Haha.. Old fart... Anyway...

We're all a bit landlocked, tis true, but what do we need water for if we've got the grog? I mean, the French may insist on a bit of water with their alcohol but why would a Pirate bother?

We can party here like Landlocked Pirate RockStars!

Umm.. wow. Been a LONG day... Pre-Christmas freak out, I guess. I think I'll be ok. Just give me some air...

Err.. did I say hello?

Hey, Turtle... Do ya know how ta sing? I'm thinkin about getting a nice little Shanty group together... Admittidly, my Pirate Music knowledge is limited to the Jolly Rogers from Kansas but Nigel knows quite a lot and I can always bribe him for information with doggy treats or some such (he's actually sort of simple.. a savant, kinda.. but he's nice enough if you keep around a selection of chew-toys).

Bye Bye now!

Arr!

:ph34r:

Nigel, damn you and your mention of Deja Vu.. Now I'm gettin' it meself!

Turtle, at Colo Faire, check out Badger Blades (formerly Skycastle Swords).. you can even see the website of the same name.. badgerblades.com...

My sweetie works there (Kitten) as well as a friend or three... more work for Rennaissance Leather (Also known as Skin and Bones) with a like website... Anymore I just watch the kids and visit faire a few times a year. I get all my Faire time in at Michigan (Where I DO work for PendragonCostumes{.com}) and at TRF in Texas (where I work for the aforementioned Renleather... *Deep Breath*

*smiles*

:)

Why noe, I don'te suppose he has tae.

Lakewood, eh? I grew up in Lakewood meself, though probably a few years farther back. Me family lived just south of the Federal Center, in Glennon Heights.

Well then, we just may know some o' the same peoples.

'Tis a small world, 'til ye tries t'paint it.

Ahhh.... :huh:

*sneaks a peek at the Turtle in the shadows*

It seems the shadows have lessened a bit. If I'm not mistaken, our new Turtle is a cabin... ;) GIRL!

*theatrically flings out his sword, pointing more or less in DATurtle's general direction* ;)

*the crowd murmers amongst themselves for almost a full 3 seconds, and then turns back to their drinks...*

:o

Well, it was a revelation to me, at any rate...

;)

The offer is still open, Turtle, if'n ya can sing! Or play an instrument passably well... If ya can't, maybe you could be comedy relief... or maybe I could be...

;)

I mean, if I'm gonna be in Purple and lace, I could a little help deflecting the looks I'll get from guys, hmm?

A little dis-trac-shun? ;)

SAVE ME!

;)

Well I don't know how period that would be, plus I sing in the shower cause I know then nobody will hear me. ;)

But the Jolly Rogers site has a link to this site that has songs on it, don't know if that's what you want. But you can always find pretty much anything on the internet, you just have to know which keywords to use on the search engines (use at your own risk).