Greetings

moricktowain

Ahoy there. I saw a post on Alt.Faires.Renaissance about the board and decided to join it. I go by the name of Morick Towain, Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas, a gay oriented pirate re-enactment and performance troupe.

I go to several of the renaissance faires in Texas, including Scarborough, Texas Ren Faire, Excalibur, and Tablerock. I've also visited Maryland Ren Faire and Tennessee Ren Faire. I'm currently planning a personal trip to visit either Bristol Ren Faire or Ravenhurst Medieval Fantasy Faire.

I look forward to some very facinating conversations and discussions on this board. :-)

Morick Towain, Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Guest Angus McVox

Nice to make your acquantance. I'm a ren faire newbie (looking to get more involved in future) and have been a die hard Tiki freak for a while - my interest in things tropical and alcoholic perhaps naturally spread into the weird and wonderful pyrate era. I helped start the first tiki festival outside of California last year (it was in Atlanta)... I look forward to participating in pirate festivals. I've got a small stack of emory university library books on piracy that i'm anxious to get to next week when i'll have a little time.

Aye! Nice site! (I was talking about the barmaid... :D ) Good luck with your new site, I was introduced to the site via AFR (alt.faires.reniassance) and figured I'd check things out. I'm from Baltimore, Maryland and attend the Maryland renaissance festival along with the Pennsylvania faire and am planning a trip to the Sterling faire this coming year, along with a short trip to the Virginia renfest. Pyrate weekend at my home faire is by far one of my favorite weekends! I've even devoted a room in my house to the pyrate theme. My kitchen is done with a pyratical flair while the bedroom is done in a gothic manner. Anyhow, enough of my rambling, good luck with your site, I look forward to making more friends and maybe even learning a thing or two! Aaaaaargh!