Slops

Ok... lets see... I sent this to a friend the other day, don't quite remember where it came from...

"Historical Maritime Costume Design, Thomas Tucker, 1610 Bradford Ct. Rock Hill, South Carolina 29732 Phone 803-985-7876 or e-mail manowar1688@aol.com Seaman's trousers, petticoat breeches, shirts, seaman's jackets, waistcoats, great coats, regimental coats, etc. Designed and constructed by a historical maritime, naval & military consultant for documentary, feature film, historic sites, tall ships & museums"

There's also www.noquartergiven.com. That's dot com, mind you. He says he's going to make slops, maybe he has started and his site is out of date...

Also, a guy I know named Tom Apple used to make stuff. Kick ass stuff! I'm not sure if he's still in the biz of making stuff or not. You can do a search on either Tom Apple or Trading Party or both.

Godwin probably had them at one point, don't know if he still does. http://www.gggodwin.com/

Ha! Towsend has them. They are fall front, i.e., later period slops.

http://www.jastown.com/mens18/dt-107.htm

Hope this helps.

Blackjohn

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Aye a pattern to be found at Jas.Townsend be fairly easy, and mighty comfortable. Here's the pair I made.

Redslpops.jpg

I used to wear black, drop front breaches aboard ship...but found the crotch would rip every time I had to man the riggin. These move much nicer, and they're so airy.

Technically, yer supposed ter wear them OVER yer breeches...but in the days of global warmin'...that just ain't smart...esp. if'n ye be in Arizona.

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Technically, yer supposed ter wear them OVER yer breeches...but in the days of global warmin'...that just ain't smart...esp. if'n ye be in Arizona.

Ahhh...but even back in the day most sailors on private vessels were not concerned with proper ediquite. In the tropics alot o' sailors wore them without breeches and maybe even without a shirt. Gets pretty hot in the carribbean.

If'n ya can't find a pattern, or your not so good wit a thread an a needle, shoot me a message an I kin make a proper pair fer ye. Jus' need yer waist an inseam measurements. Made a pair fer meself an now I hardly ever wear me breeches anymore. Slops are jus' so much more comfortable... :lol:

Signaturecopy.gif

Ahhh...but even back in the day most sailors on private vessels were not concerned with proper ediquite. In the tropics alot o' sailors wore them without breeches and maybe even without a shirt. Gets pretty hot in the carribbean.

If'n ya can't find a pattern, or your not so good wit a thread an a needle, shoot me a message an I kin make a proper pair fer ye. Jus' need yer waist an inseam measurements. Made a pair fer meself an now I hardly ever wear me breeches anymore. Slops are jus' so much more comfortable... :P

Naked pirates?!!!! :lol: Oh! Happy day!

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Slops are real easy to make. I usually charge $25.00 as long as the material and stuff is supplied. If I have to buy the material and buttons and whatever, it's the cost of those items plus my fee for sewing them together.

As soon as I can, I'm going to get my stuff together that I'm selling and post it where all can see.

Rumba Rue

**Sew happy** ;)

cool stuff

These are pretty affordable.

Didn't know that site....thanks studly

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

They have some atCenter Stage Costumes. I got a pattern from Kannik's Korner that is supposed to be period correct, but have yet to try it.

If any of ye mates have tried this pattern, let me know how it is.

Here's Luck,

Broadside, his mark :angry:

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

The Kannicks Korner pattern is a good one if you're doing 1750-1800. It's easy to use and what not, and I recommend it. But if you're doing pre-1750 impressions then you'll need to do what the rest of us have done and do your research and alter the pattern. I made a few pairs of sea breeches from their pattern to use for what little revwar events I do. However, I ended up drafting my own patterns for all my pre-1750 events, as you just can't get accurate early period patterns anywhere. I've been tempted to just take the ones I drafted, re-size them to a couple of sizes and sell them, as I'm always sending my patterns to my shipmates. I used to sell early sailors garments based off my patterns but with school starting up and my full course load I just don't have the time to do all the order stuff. However you'll still find me doing my slopmaking set ups at events. But anyway, I wouldn't use their pattern if you're doing pre-1750 events unless you research early period slop hose and alter the pattern likewise.

Cheers,

Adam C.

Slopmaker

I be knowing a gentleman that be making custome parts for all of the free men of the Sea. if you would like. Email me and I'll send his address along mate.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

No BlackJohn I haven't got a pair of these slops yet, but if I do I'll keep you informed.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE