Pirate single's bar

Sheila

Thanks fer the drynke Tortuga Wench! Grammercy. Normally I don't come into the singles bar because it doesn't have a dart board so that's why I pretty much hang downstairs at the pub. Been here almost a year and still can't find a decent match down there niether. Cricket 301 501 take yer pick shyte bring on yer mates and we can all play 401. no matters might as well cover what it be I was going too! Fact is, being single only hurts on holidays.....

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I echo Diego's confession, in so much as this is a "singles" establishment and I am far from that for a span of years. That being said, I will impart this bit of experience.

Most folk seem to spend a great amount of time and energy looking for someone to spend time with. I used to when I was younger, I will admit. None the less, I have found that that kind of quest usually is of little worth or result. It was when I had become very indifferent to the idea and had better things to concentrate on that my path crossed my husband's. ( I did not even have an intrest in dating, at the time.)

We have now been together near eight years, nearing three of those in the institution of marriage. It is when the search stops that it happens. What will be, will be...

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

been single about 7 months now, big change for me. I was one of those who always wanted a man around. Now I am going for quality over Quantity.

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

been single about 7 months now, big change for me. I was one of those who always wanted a man around. Now I am going for quality over Quantity.

yes but quantity has a quality all it's own.

sorry old joke.

I do agree with Diego thou........ there are times and sights that it does sting being alone.

just don't make the mistake of marrying the first one that you come across that catches your heart . wait three years......... then tie them up!

ah well the tides riseing..... time ta shove off again... fair winds to all. and my you find your heart AND minds desire.

Mary wanders in and looks around. "just here to vist havent had to come back for a while.... still dont ever want to hang my hat near anything that say single, i'm just to happy right now"

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

how aboput the 'pyrate party place'? :huh:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. Cap'n Annie here. :sits down at bar and orders a round of Guinness: Still as single as ever, but over the summer I had meself one of those--whatcha call 'em?--epiphanies, that's it. The reason I've been single for so bloody long is because I've been 'lookin fer love in all the wrong places,' so ta speak. An' by wrong places, I mean the wrong half o' the population. Truth is, I'm gay. Have been fer a long time, actually, but jest didn't realize it 'til recently.

Anyway, now that I've had this epiphany, I've been much happier, and am finally startin' ta feel like the real me (well, at least when I'm around the people who know) and, with any luck, now that I've figured out where I should be lookin', me single days will soon be comin' to an end.

Whew...feels so good ta finally get that off me chest. :huh: Lassies, the next round's on me :huh:

:huh:

The Wit and Wisdom of Capt. Jack Sparrow:

The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Will Turner: You cheated.

Jack Sparrow: [shrugs] Pirate.

• 2 weeks later...

Single pirate here. The wench of 5 years left me 6 months ago for her boss! You here the stories, but I actually had to RETURN the 5k engagement ring, luckily the store did NOT ask for explanantion (as if they couldn' figure it out) Not a fun time.

I am so sorry Corsair!

That is no fun to have to go through, i hope you will be able to continue living without too much pain soon.

All the best to you!

I'm still single too, ofcourse having been in the house a lot doesn't help and when i dó meet someone he's married, i always run into married people..bummer :unsure:

Oh well..single means i can have Barbossa pics on the wall :huh:

hero.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh...single-hood-ness. The joys, the tribulations. I've been in the single boat since May, and should probably have climbed aboard it sooner. Nothin' like having a man who's not being a boyfriend, not being at faire, and yet there enough to keep me from bein' anywhere else.

So, currently, I have a "freind with benefits" that I see every few weeks. Probably shouldn't be foolin' with him at all as we have a long history...but, well, being a Taurus, I tend to do what I want and damn the consequences. I'm keepin' my eyes open for a fine pirate lad, howe'er. If ye be knowin' of any, send 'em over to my port and I'll have a look see.

Ya know ladies, I once got a chain mail that involved packaging up the man you had and sending him to the last girl on the list. After two weeks you were supposed to have a whole pile of men to choose from...but we all know chain letters don't work. Funny, though, tempting. Tee-hee. :lol:

Myspace pagepyratbabe13@yahoo.com
I have no true love but the sea. Arrrrr!

Aye to be single, it can be lonely if ye let it, it can be exciting if ye let it. It seems to me you can really make what you wish with a situation, unless it is forced upon ye like that of a break up and for them lad and lasses i do feel for ye for i know the pain. N'er forget though there be plenty o fish in the sea, that is if yer one fer fishin.

Looks like i can buy this round, Cheers to ye all!! :o

I also have a "friend with benefits" situation as well. A long time guyfriend of mine. Eh, it works for me and it's fun. I can still flirt and stuff like that, as does he. Marriage would definitely ruin things, so as they say, if it's not broke, don't fix it! :o

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

(Stands up tall and dusts off his boots and pants with his hat). Ahen..... well now. I reckon ya be right on that. I loves the way ya think lass. I'fn ya allow me, I be makin me way o'r ta the lot a ya fer some surrounden. Ana by the way, let me open that bottle fer ya. Life be good I says!!!

Shoots anything that moves!!

Hmmm, I find it interesting that several of the people who are now decrying people who are married but still flirtatious are the exact same people who were expounding the right to be a flirt and a "player" in nonserious fashion on another thread.

In reality, I have a strict rule, if the guy is married it's hands off.

I may make some wise cracks and even bat an eyelash or two, but that's as far as it's going to go. :)

I've already embarrassed one poor guy here at the Pub, who went running the other direction...to his girlfriend.

There's a few guys here that even though I know they are attached at the hip with another though not married, who've gone out of their way to make me feel....well yummy. (Thanks Diego) :lol:

It takes a special gal to know it's just a kiss..... :huh:

Hmmm, I find it interesting that several of the people who are now decrying people who are married but still flirtatious are the exact same people who were expounding the right to be a flirt and a "player" in nonserious fashion on another thread.

*rolls eyes* oh, please! Everybody flirts, but if someone is married nothing is going to happen beyond just flirting.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg