Pirate single's bar

Sheila

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it will happen for all of us, but right now I'm happy alone. I'm going to step back, get to know myself and actually make a good decision on my next relationship. The finding one out of desparation tactic has not worked so far.

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

Wow Rogue MacRoegan Im married as well. my hubby is lenient in some things but I love to write. I too am on Pan historia and here and I have a pirate rp game. Hubby gets mad cause im on the comp so much..But it does ease me to be able to write and create. And unlike you who help I still have to do everything..clean house laundry cook give our daughter her bath feed our animals get our daughter ready for school take her to school and pick her up and take the trash out..And sometimes I have to cut the yard or help work on the cars which I dont mind..I actually enjoy helping him..But I do feel overwhelmed sometimes and thus my escape. And I support him in all his endeavors yet He does not fully reciprocate. But I agree. Dont look it will find you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

*does the singles dance* ya know this would be more fun with two people.

i like being single, don't get me wrong, it's just a little lonely.

"Time Flies When Your Having RUM!!!!"

"But everyone talks with a British accent when they drink."

Stow Away on the Juryrig

*walks up to bar, gets a tankard of ale and rum*

*walks over to dark corner and watches the rest*

Single here too.

Read through a lot of the posts here.

Would probably agree with over half of 'em.

After being single for a long time, I've gotten set in me ways and that can be hard to change or even adjust a wee bit.

It does get a wee bit lonely at times but I get by and I don't have to worry about pissin any one off when I'm chattin or flirtin with the other lady pirates. ;);)

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

I'll be grabbin' for the ball an' powder afore I go anywhere near the ball an' chain. :lol:

*orders a drop of paddy* Some people say that I'm a tad erm, bitter. I'm onto love. And all it's dirty little tricks.

I 'ave meself a theory love's really a mental disorder. Stay with me. When yer first in love, yer all floaty feelin' right? Nothin' can bring ye down. Ye can't think about nothin' but this fella/lassie. Over time ye get to love the person so much, ye'd do anythin' for 'em. Die for 'em. Risk the world for 'em. Be bitten by the fleas of a thousand dogs for 'em. For someone who you have no bond with. Humans're pack animals and naturally have a bond with the clan. As fer animals an' courtship an' matin' fer life, I dunno. All I can say is the afforementioned feelins are not stasis in the human brain. Love is not efficient and I feel it should therefore be classified as a mental disorder.

Heh. I can see it now....

Patient: Doctor! You have to help me!

Doctor: Hm? What's the problem?

Patient: *panicked face* I think I've got....love!

*Doctor and attendant gasp, an intern faints down the hallway*

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)

Here's the deal:

Enjoy being single while you're single. There ARE many advantages.

Enjoy being in a relationship while you're in a relationship. Humans are social creatures.

It seems obvious, but I have seen too many people who pine for what they don't have and don't appreciate the gifts they have in front of them:

Married folk who resent being 'tied down' and look at singles with envy.

Singles who see couples and assume that all couples are happy. Not true at all. In fact, very few couples are actually happy and healthy relationships.

Typical case of "the grass is always greener."

Appreciate where you are in life, and when you come to someplace else, don't look back in regret for what you left behind. Accept the fact that all things change.

If you don't like where you are, do something about it. In the meantime take the time to discover the benefits of your current situation.

How cool is that?

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Nigel where did you get that Charley avatar from??????!?!?!?! I'm thinkin' I'm gonna have to make me one that states: Alex(just brushed us), Bonnie (dealt with the remnants), Charley (head on), Gaston (almost head on, and still dealing with. As I type, the lights just flickered), Hermine (lucked out on, but just offshore), and as for Frances? GO AWAY!!!!!

As for being single?

This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use at your will. You can waste it on pain, sorrow and the past or you can use it for good for the present. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, in it's place is something that you have left behind.... let it be something good." - unknown

Yeah, I often find myself being the proverbial third wheel around many of my friends. That's when I start to think that the single life sucks. Then I start to see some of the problems and issues that they have to work through. Most of the time they manage. Then there are the times they get all grumpy and pissy towards each other and I start lookin for a way to politely leave.

It's nice being single, in that I don't have to deal with issues like that.

It often times sucks being single, because I miss having a companion around to either just be with or just talk to.

Sure, a pet can be a great companion. However, they don't often fill the void that another person can.

LOL, and I don't mean that in any other way than being a friend etc.

Oh well...

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

Well I'm single an' ne'er again shall I marry! (three times down is enough for me).

Tho' I be livin' with Boats, he be fine with me frolickin' ways, an' I be fine with his. (If 'n ye think I'm a fiesty wench, watch out women, ol' Boats be lickin' yer cheek or more if'n ye don't watch him!)

So fill me mug up please, it be 'one o' those days'. Thankee.

RUMba Rue

** :huh: **

Found out my es is seeing someone new. I will be a fifth wheel this weekend. Going to a faire in Iowa where both my ex's will be there with their new loves. Not that I don't enjoy being single, but moments like these leave you a little lonely.

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

Yeah, I often find myself being the proverbial third wheel around many of my friends. That's when I start to think that the single life sucks. Then I start to see some of the problems and issues that they have to work through. Most of the time they manage. Then there are the times they get all grumpy and pissy towards each other and I start lookin for a way to politely leave.

It's nice being single, in that I don't have to deal with issues like that.

It often times sucks being single, because I miss having a companion around to either just be with or just talk to.

Sure, a pet can be a great companion. However, they don't often fill the void that another person can.

LOL, and I don't mean that in any other way than being a friend etc.

Oh well...

Yeah I hear you there, I just got a mouse Lol To keep me company But It really dose suck when all you want is someone to talk to and hang out with. Most People where I live have absolutly nothing in common with me So it really sucks and ALl my friends are couples except for me. SPecially sucks to go to disneyland with all of them and your the only one wihout that second person so you get stuck riding the rides by your self or in the back lol or trying to keep up with all of them.

Nigel where did you get that Charley avatar from??????!?!?!?!  I'm thinkin' I'm gonna have to make me one that states: Alex(just brushed us), Bonnie (dealt with the remnants), Charley (head on), Gaston (almost head on, and still dealing with.  As I type, the lights just flickered), Hermine (lucked out on, but just offshore), and as for Frances?  GO AWAY!!!!!

As for being single? 

This is the beginning of a new day.  You have been given this day to use at your will.  You can waste it on pain, sorrow and the past or you can use it for good for the present.  What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.  When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, in it's place is something that you have left behind.... let it be something good." - unknown

I apologize for the delay in my reply. I have been cathing up after Hurricane Frances.

Well... funny you should mention it, Silver Steele - 'Tis my very own design and illustration!

It was how I occupied the time after Charley, before the electricity was restored. I have it available on several products at my online store:

http://www.cafepress.com/mk_creative

I also have a small but growing assortment of pirate-related items:

http://www.cafepress.com/nigelworks

C'mon - you really need an official "Nigelworks" thong! Every lass does!

Coming in the next couple days: Hurricane Frances items! I just have to finish the illustration(which I was working on when the power went out), and what with the storm, I was unable to use my computer for several days, so I am playing ketchup.

Perhaps there will be some Hurricane Ivan items in the near future. It just depends on how he behaves.

I am attempting to recoup my losses, to replace the food that had to be thrown out after both of the last two hurricanes!

I also have a store for my illustrations:

http://www.cafepress.com/mk_illustration

These stores are in their infancy. Any suggestions are welcome.

...and I must say, you have a refreshingly healthy outlook on singledom, and on life in general.

A toast to you, lass!

:rolleyes:

Nigel

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

:rolleyes:Sheila blows kisses and winks at all the single men

Now that's the lass I know and adore.