Moonlight Lagoon

Christine

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, kids... I fell asleep on this here beach... my apologies for not helping to dig the pit (I'm getting REAL good at digging holes...). To make up for it, I brought a bunch of clams, some lobsters, shrimp, and potatoes and corn... does that help make up for it???

*gets chow cooking, then sits on the sand to put aloe on... Morgan spent the day in Real Life at San Clemente Beach, and got a li'l bit cooked... skin care finished, Morgan tends to the seafood, while whistling Jimmy Buffett's "Jolly Mon Sing" and "One Particular Harbour"...* :(

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

*Morgan grins amid the cook fire smoke, and hands Christine a beverage...*

Yup! Chow is done! Grab a plate and dig in! Nice beach ya got here, by the way! Thanks for inviting us! :(

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Studley walks from behind a nearby sand dune, ringing a bell and carrying a large bowl of steaming food.

" I got's me Frogmore Stew ready, so come and get it! Frogmore being my birth port I've taken the liberties to add some new ingredents' ; shrimp, sausage, potatoes, blue crab, corn on the cob, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and THE secret sauce.

Hope ya'll like it, I'm going to check on the pig".

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

*takes beverage* Thank ye! *takes a plate and fills it up with some of the goodies that was prepared*

Oh, sure, not a problem. You all are my friends. :)

*moves to sit on the large blanket that was spread out. While eating watches the tide roll in*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

'ello, Senor Studley! Have something cold to drink!

*at the risk of being kicked off the beach for breaking the relaxing atmosphere, Morgan sets up a beach volleyball net, and puts some "311" on the portable CD player... hey, they are California-cool, and its fitting beach music!* :(

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

Rock on, girl!

*grabs the ball, tosses it to Christine*

Ladies first... your serve!!

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

Agreed... I was wondering why I was running around so much, and still missing serves...

Mebbe we can recruit someone from down the beach, as it looks like we're the only ones here right now... mebbe we should finish dinner, and see if anyone else shows up by the time we're done??

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

Aye, let us finish this great meal you prepared. Unless the ghost pirates from the surf decide to join us in this game? *shivers at that thought* ;) On second thought, back to the bonfire and barebeque, come on! :(

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

*Looks around quickly* Whoa! Ghost pirates?!? Sounds like a story for another time...

*shivers*

Fire! Barbeque! I'm with you!

*runs back to the fire, thinking he saw a piratey shadow behind him* :(

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

*points accusingly at Christine*

Whew! It was just YOUR piratey shadow behind me!

*sitting near the fire, Morgan scratches his head and tries to think of another scary story...*

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

Both kinds are fun, and have the ability to scare the hell outta us!

*quickly looks where Christine is pointing...* Wassat?!?

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

** the voice floats and richochets from the shore rocks and debris... the voice is hoarse and hollow, undefined in its origin**

"There once was a sailor from Carthune,

Who sold his soul for ten doubloon;

Now he rattles his blade,

At the demons of fate,

And stalks the sands of this dune...

Beware, shallow souls, for I am at your heels.........................."

Whoa! Too kewl! I like it!

I'm reminded of a story... its not ghostly, but creepy, nonetheless! Sit back and listen, kind folk!

A friend of my parents went on vacation to New Mexico, and against all advise, she dug up, and brought home a wild cactus (as opposed to a tame one?). A few weeks later, she heard scratching noises coming from the cactus. She investigated, to find that the cactus was infested with spiders! Gack!!

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

Ahem, ah, yes, well... :o

Never fear, lass... no spooky spectre will harm a hair on yer head... at least while the fire is goin'...

*Morgan quickly, but covertly tosses more wood on the fire* :unsure:

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

*sits back a bit, moving closer to the fire* I should tell the stuff that goes on at my work, such freaky crap there! We've had residents die and some don't leave if you know what I mean. The way the place is set up is we have emergency cords in every room. Once pulled, they will continue to ring until reset. Now, in the ALZ unit, the cords are never pulled. I've been there since the place opened 2 years ago, never been pulled, which is normal. The residents there don't know to do that. Anyway, one of the residents died...in the room. We moved her roommate to another room of her own. So now, it's empty. I'm shivering remembering this! :unsure: Anyway, one night, I'm down at the front desk as recepetionist. The alarm goes off like what is usually heard on a regular basis. I looked at my computer and it showed the ALZ unit. I was like, huh? I called up to the 2 caregivers up there and asked which room that was. They were already freaked out, it was the room of the deceased resident. Here's the other really creepy part, the room is locked! They were so freaked out to reset it. It kept ringing, it won't stop til you reset it. They asked me to come up. LOL! Yup, I went and set it back up. Freaking out the whole time. This has happened more than once. The managers can't figure it out either. :o

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

*munches on popcorn while listening to Christine's story... about halfway through, Morgan forgets to keep chewing, and his mouth hangs open*

Brrrrr... wow! That reminds me of another one, actually. Like I mentioned before, I was stationed at Marine Barracks in DC... well, every Friday night during the summer, there is a parade at the Barracks. It goes at night, to add a little something to the ambiance. Before the guests arrive, the Marines have to make sure all of the offices throughout the Barracks have their lights turned out, and have the doors locked. I was in charge of making sure the lights were out one sultry summer evening back in '95, when I noticed a light on in the upstairs window of the band hall (where the world famous Marine Band practices). I grabbed the ONE AND ONLY key to the 2nd floor of the hall, unlocked the door, and turned out the light. About 10 minutes later, a Gunnery Sgt yells at me, asking why I was slacking in my duties. I told the gunny that I had no idea what he was talking about, and he pointed to the 2nd floor of the band hall. Confused, I went up again, UNLOCKED the door, and turned off the light. This went on a couple more times, at which point a very pissed off gunny finally told me to tape cardboard over the inside of the window, which I did. At the end of the night, after the parade was finshed, I returned to the hall, to find that the cardboard had been removed, but the lights had remained off during the parade. As I was leaving to go home for the night, I noticed the freakin' light was back on...

*shivers and glances at Christine*

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

Aye, scary indeed, lass! But wait! Ha ha!! I'm thinking we've turned the tables on the ghosts! We're now having fun at THEIR expense, yes no, mon cheri?

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast