...Then what's the best pirate movie?

Mr_Scabbs

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say El Lobo del Mar.

Huh? You haven't seen it? Oh..well, we haven't finished writing the book yet.....and then there are those pesky Hollywood details......

OK I'd have to say aside from the obvious of POTC: Black Pearl, I would have to say as far as thoroughly enjoyable it would be THE GOONIES.

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

My two cents worth for best are in no particular order

POTC

Treasure Island with Lionel Barrymore(Drew Barrymore's great uncle) 1934

As for the worst it would have to be The Pirate Movie. It was made in 1982 and was even nominated and won a few Razzie awards including Worst Director, Worst Musical Score, & Worst Original Song.

The only reason I know about this one is cause my husband actually owns it.

siggy.jpg

Well, tis be a subject that I can join in...

The best pirate movie for this wench is "Cutthroat Island" (1995) with Geena Davis.  I just love how tough she is and determined.  Always love to see women in those roles.  Unfortunately it didn't get alot of PR so it didn't do well at the box office.  I don't know how many times I have watched this movie, but everytime I do, I feel refreshed and know that I have enjoyed it again. :blink:

I really like any movie with pirates in them.  ARRRR! ;)

Edited by Twisted Maggie Smythe

Let's naught forget the story o' how Capt'n Santa became Santa Clause....what's that now? ye did naught know Santa Clause is a pirate?!!? Aye, o' course Santa be a pirate, just look at that beard, 'n look at how he treats he's crew..'er, elves - that be Pirate through 'n through now!

Elf Bowling - The Movie

actually a very stupid movie, but see'n as how I have had that game on me puter box since it first hit th' net so many year ago, I just had t' get it t' see th' story - 'n what t' me bewilder'n rum soak'd mind did I find out but Santa Clause REALLY was a pirate...before he turn'd all goody two-pegs 'n began given all he's loot away....but ye will have t' see th' show yer self if ye want t' knows 'bout he's brother, and just how he came t' toss'n cannon balls at he's wee crewmen!

<_<

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!