What a shame...

Charity

Someone I know from another board bought one of the sabers he had for sale.

Pirates Of The Caribbean Prop Saber With COA!

I would hate to think she got ripped off.  :ph34r:

Is it real Iron Bess?  If not, what can she do to get her money back?

What I don't get is why this guy has 100% feedback... :ph34r:

No, this is not from the film POTC. :ph34r:

I would have your friend tell the seller she now has doubts about it's authnticity (COA or no...) and is going to have it verified by the studio. If it's a fake she will be not only asking for her money back but turning him in to eBay.

Yeah, go there. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just told her and she is going to confront him via email.

I also emailed Deadmentellnotales with the link to that auction.

Between Disney, Ebay, and Deadmentellnotales.com, this guy is gonna be in sooo much trouble. :)

I feel bad for those that did buy from him. :ph34r: I wonder if there is a way they can get their money back? I bet they don't even know the items are fake.

davyjones.gif

Didn't know this, but apparently you can't auction off props from Disney movies.

Q.        Can I list scripts or props?

A.        No. As a general rule, scripts and many other elements used in producing motion pictures and television shows remain the property of the producer. You should be very careful before listing or buying any props or other elements, such as scripts, which are stated to have been used in production. If you are interested in purchasing scripts or props, legitimate scripts and props are offered by Disney on its Disney Auctions site at www.disneyauctions.com from time to time.

V. For More Information About Disney

The Walt Disney Company

Corporate Legal/Intellectual Property Group

500 South Buena Vista Street

Burbank, California 91521-0640

Email: Filmed.Enforcement@disney.com

or

Email: Product.Enforcement@disney.com

or

(818) 560-3300

http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?...erid=disneyvero

Dang! I guess all those people selling POTC scripts are stealing from Jerry Bruckheimer as well. You know, they should hire some one to scour ebay for people like this. I would love to catch these people!! :) Hey, than I'd be the scourage of piracy, like Norrington. :ph34r:

davyjones.gif

Bess, why would you want to place a note to this guy with your Disney server on it... If you were in such a worry about your job over discussing the POTC2 movie, wouldn't this be even more risky, not to mention extremely unethical. I really think that this is no big deal and I'm quite sure that Disney know about various people trying to sell phony POTC merchandis. It has happened in the past with other movies and no one losses any sleep over it. I agree that it is wrong and should be stopped, but, then there is a lot of wrong that should be stopped. Just a thought............... The Capt.

I say make that merchant eat it, Iron Bess! Those of us who are long time members of eBay and a part of that community get pissed off when people see it as a way to be fleecing an unsuspecting public with deceit an lies.

I buy and sell on eBay, mostly herbs, books and new age things. I also buy all my saris, clothes and tribal jewelry from India, Morocco etc. that I wear on there. If you are careful you can get some really great deals.

I did have a friend that got the Navy Jack flag that was supposedly from the Dauntless from this seller, its silk, and like seven feet by four feet and that much silk fabric alone is worth the $50 she paid. *sigh* Still....its too bad if she was taken in.

Bess, why would you want to place a note to this guy with your Disney server on it... If you were in such a worry about your job over discussing the POTC2 movie, wouldn't this be even more risky, not to mention extremely unethical.

Excuse me? I don't understand your concern? Yes, my job would be at risk discussing anything that is considered secret about a project. Items posted on eBay hardly qualify as secret information and.... how is stopping a person from selling bogas props and taking advantage of people who might not know any better... unethical? Explain that to me please?

I really think that this is no big deal

Pity. The Disney Corp would think sham sales a VERY big deal

and I'm quite sure that Disney know about various people trying to sell phony POTC merchandis.

Disney has no problem with legal sales. None at all. Outright liars, yes, they have a problem. Especially Bruckheimer.

It has happened in the past with other movies and no one losses any sleep over it.

Indeed?? You've spoken to each and every one have you??

I agree that it is wrong and should be stopped, but, then there is a lot of wrong that should be stopped. Just a thought............... The Capt.

Sorry, it's a thought that makes no sense to me and I highly doubt it would make sense to a fan that paid over $200 for a prop hat that never saw the top of Geoffrey Rush's head.

Just a thought. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Everything the guy is selling comes from other wholesale outlets and retailers. The gold bar is the same one that Mel Fisher's Museum in KW has for $16... the supposed PotC cutlasses are standard ebay crap... I got one for $9 for decor. It seems that his moniker, PiratesRUs is very appropriate as he seems to be a very good pirate... taking people left and right.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The truth is, no matter how *unethical* it may seem.... if this clown ere a REAL pirate he'd have had his throat slit by now.

Selling to Pirate of Kings man, he's a liar and a thief no matter how you dance the words around it. In a piratical democrecy the guy would have simply been taken care of.

Now days it just takes a little longer.

I heard from a fellow over at Bruckheimer who was laughing his head off. He said if nothing is proof that this guy is out to knowingly take people it might be reflected in his own email address:

Piratesrus@myass.com :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hello all,

at first I was willing to give this meanie a chance and believe perhaps he had been duped by his "prop distributor" that he refers to in all his auctions. I thought perhaps he had unknowingly bought these things under false information. Now, as I see from the information I have gleaned here this is not the case. This makes me really sad. There are people who scrimp and save to buy these things and he is just taking their money hand over fist. Such a rascal could break people's hearts, especially younger fans of the movie who have scrimped and saved to get a prop that anyone in the film has used. What a hard and ruthless way to become aware of how greedy and false some humans can be.

With respect to to all, especially those who are helping to stop this shame to the name of pirate ,

Lady M

I really think that this is no big deal and I'm quite sure that Disney know about various people trying to sell phony POTC merchandis. It has happened in the past with other movies and no one losses any sleep over it. I agree that it is wrong and should be stopped, but, then there is a lot of wrong that should be stopped.  Just a thought............... The Capt.

Capt Flint, I'm sorry that you don't care that people are getting ripped off and taken advantage of. That's fine that ye don't. To each 'is own mate.

Perhaps I shouldn't, buy I DO care when people get taken and held for fools by big corporations or even by scurvy landlubbin' Ebay pirates. I guess life would be so much easier and less complicated if nobody cared about such things, right mate? I for one feel terrible that these people think they have something from POTC. I feel terrible that they will show it off their new found "POTC plunder" off to their friends thinking that they have the real thing.

Yeah, It bugs me that there are people out there with no conscience. He is the one who has to look at himself in the mirror. We may be pirates mate, but we are good people.

Morgana Bloodheart

:lol:

I heard from a fellow over at Bruckheimer who was laughing his head off. He said if nothing is proof that this guy is out to knowingly take people it might be reflected in his own email address:

Piratesrus@myass.com :lol:

:P:P:P

That's got to be the worst pirate I've ever heard of!!! :)

So what are Bruckheimer and Disney going to do about this bilge rat?

davyjones.gif

Here's his latest:

Pirates Of The Caribbean Plush Dog With Keys!

No doubt this was the same Plush Dog with Keys that was in the thrilling whale harpooning shot during the battle at the end of POTC, where Jack, Will, Jackie Chan and Spiderman conquered an army of robots.

Comes with Certificate of Gullibility!

:D

I have bought quite a bit of stuff on ebay and luckily, have only been burned once. I bought a beautiful, stunning bright leather bodice (not period, but I loved it). When I got it, not only was it a totally different bodice altogether, but wrong color too. I tried working with the seller, nothing, went through ebay's fraud (he also copied the picture from another person), did everything I could and nothing.

I guess that is one of the risks of buying through them. They have so many items at any given time, it would be hard to catch everything. I Some friends of mine have reported listings with live animals which aren't allowed, but some get through.

My advice to anyone buying through ebay is research the seller, the item, their feedback (negative) and go from there.

Rotten, evil, no-good plotting, spoon-fed, going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket lass!

Always trying to bury that little devil on my shoulder and go to the angelic side -

even if just for a moment - choking down whatever evil scheme I was plotting!!!!

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

My Webpage-----Pyrate Invasion at PARF-2004-----MDRF 2004 Opening Day

Upto now i've always been lucky :)

I bought some pretty cool stuff there, an autographed pic of Barbossa :lol: (and it's real,i'm absolutely shure, but i got it just after i got the letter etc so LOL..not much exciting anymore then :lol: ) and a brilliant front of Variety magazine with POTC pics and all the Oscar nominations (framed on my wall) and other things.

So i guess i was REAL lucky, not once did i get bad goods :)

hero.jpg

Barbossa glances upward and sees that his fine hat, as battered and threadbare as it is, is still in its place and all is as it should be. Granted, the feathers are a bit crumpled, there are bullet holes and nicks and even the stain from the odd squid that landed on the crown after having been thrown at him by a desperate enemy.

I hope that somone has informed that sorry gent that there will be no marketing of my hat! 'Tis mine, I say, and it'll be staying right where it is!

Tell me, Mate, are ye a superstious person? Well, ye'd best think about being just a little bit superstious, and appeal to your God or even to the Devil Himself, because here aboard my ship, ye'll get no mercy!

Aye Barbarous (Barbossa) Iron Bess is makin em walk the plank..Or at least makin em think they would be better off walkin the plank. Yer hat be safe..And ye should thank the rest of the pub for their contribution to making sure that hat stays atop yer head... :angry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Ah, well then I will let Iron Bess do her best and make that rapscallion sorry he tangled with real pirates!

Tell me, Mate, are ye a superstious person? Well, ye'd best think about being just a little bit superstious, and appeal to your God or even to the Devil Himself, because here aboard my ship, ye'll get no mercy!

:angry: Your hat?

Well... I suppose it be. Though... we can compare the finery of our hats. Hell... in comparison... & I admit... I may be bragging here... MY Barbossa like hat is better than that one from eBay! By a long shot with the long nines!

:angry:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Barbossa eyes Lady Barbossa and gives her a wink. He is sure that there is an undestanding between he and the woman bearing his name = and will most likely discover what that is in due time.

If ye turn a fine hand at millinery, then perhaps I could let ye fashion a new fine hat for me - or to repair this one which seems to have a bit of the luck of the Sea attached to it, such as it is.

Aside from this particular Vendor :lol: has anyone ever notice the "Authentic POTC" 125.00 coin sets with COA and other lesser $$ sets being sold which are .39 Billy bones coins?., or the Cursed coin from Billy Bones web site for 10.00 and 15.00 with the Billy Bones web site sells for 1.49. I shop at Billy bones for a variety of things., but its really ridiculas some dorks are trying to pass it off as POTC for huge proffits. Just Dumb really. A really great built little prop made from a superior material and done accurate is way cool...., but some of these vendors need "Jack" slapped (no-pun intended) and the buyers MUST be even dumber.... I find it all pretty entertaining.., and then sad...., Burrrp!., ARRRRRRRRRRGGGH ! Ralph!

B) HarborMaster B)

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Actually, Christine ... I have considered it. I've been stocking up on costume patterns that have been on sale through JoAnn fabrics. So... maybe in the near future I will be open to make attire for my fellow pirates. B) Both men & women.

I finishing up on a Jolly Roger for Barbossa II... as well as doing 2 gowns for myself, a white satin fancy pirate outfit.. then the outfit of Calico Cat from the card game Pirates of the Spanish Main. & on top of all this.. STILL working on the King's Colours for a new British Rev War regt out in NJ. I have to tell you... the Union Jack is a HUGE pain in the arse! :lol:

So... Aye... I may not be a great seamstress.. but I can hold my own... I've had to to keep the bilge rats & sea dogs at bay from taking my attire! B)

:::breathless; hand upon chest::: Flattery like that gets you everywhere, Barbarous!

B) :::Bow deeply before Barbossa:: Such an honor it would be, too, Barbarous... to repair your signature hat.. or make you a new one. :)

Perhaps a new outfit for the most feared pirate of the Spanish Main? B)

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!