What a shame...

Charity

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just keeps getting better and better...

The guy answeres my email with my eBay account name on it. I had included my Disney email address and asked him to contact us.

He sends me a memo that is 80% mis spelled, tells me that he's already spoken to *insert my real name* over at disney and has worked with her on may occations. They know Jerry personaly. Everything is fine.

I wanna be there when the attorney calls. :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Capt' Jack Sparrow emailed the seller got a reply back that the hat porp # was chalked in, which told Jack that it wasn't the real prop.

:::Sits down with popcorn & soda::: Oooooh, this is such a dramatic part! I'm going to love this!

You know.. the difference between a good pirate & a bad one... the bad one is caught!

This guy is SO busted like a captured pirate at execution dock!

:unsure:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I'd actually bid fer the crap that Disney scared out of him, just ter have a disgusting piratical trophy. OOP! What a minute! Why buy it, when I can make a FAKE one myself and sell it on eBay!

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

No one ought to bid for anything on eBay from POTC without checking to see if its the real thing first.

Never shy off from asking me mates. I'll find out for you. :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:lol::lol: ROTFLMAO!!! :lol::lol:

::wipes tears away:: Ooooh, Redd! So right... SOOOO right!

Again, have fun, Bess!

I still thing sending some of us pirates up to this guy would be fun! Oooooh, what we could do with him...

Kidnap him... blindfold him... take him to the Black Pearl & have him walk the plank over some shark infested waters near a god forsaken spit of land smaller than Bess's isle... & with NO pistol! :)

:lol:

We may be pirates....but we be good people. :lol:

This joker be askin' fer trouble.

Just FYI Bess, ye (and the lawyers) can always contact e-Bay directly and ask that he be closed. They be very cooperative in that respect. I have me a friend who is an artist and I help keeps a weather eye out fer folks what steal and sell her work on e-Bay.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Does this seller think it wise to cross blades with Iron Bess?

His "POTC" auctions are still online!

I think this one takes the cake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2263719335

We have a couple of these just came in. This is the axe at the beginning of the movie when teh Pirates were attacking Port Royal and Wil Turner threw it at one of teh Pirates, it was also the same axe used when he embedded it into the table thru the maps. It is modeled after a British Heavy Infantry Axe and is made of hardwood handle and forged steel. It is heavy and a great addition to your collection. It comes with a COA with prop ID # on parchment paper. Buyer to pay shipping.

WillAxe2.jpg

As much fun as it would be to email this scurvy lout, he could decide to get pissy and turn ye in for harrassing emails! I wouldn't want fine, upstanding Ebayers with excellent ratings to made to walk the plank!

Just for kicks I decided to do a little POTC Prop comparsion..AHEM!!

Here is his "POTC" Drum alledgedly used in the Gallows scene:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2263062874

Drum02.jpg

Here is the screen cap I just made, there are only two quick closeups of the drums being used in this scene, I think the main parts of the drums here are blue.

Drum01.jpg

:wub: WOOOPS SILVER STEELE!

Looks like we had the exact same idea at the same time! I edited mine as ye got to it a wee bit befer I did

Great minds think alike!

I just can't believe this seller has the gall to be trying to pass this stuff off. Some of that stuff is EXPENSIVE.

Get em Bess... get em good!

Those 2 items - the drum & the tomahawk - are easy enough to get if you kow where to look for one. That type of tomahawk you can get from any where like Jas Townsend, Gg. Gedney Godwin, or any sutler at any re-enactment!

The drum, they are a bit pricy but regt I know of get those IF they have a drummer. I've seen that with the British in the NWTA. :: shakes head:: This guy is REALLY pushing it... cause most of this stuff if not for resale in that type of way. Re-enactors are REALLY picky about what they get their hands upon cause of authenticity.

Bess... give this bloody bastard a nasty dose of medicine!

:huh:

He's running ahead of the sharks..... he's changed most of his descriptions and stopped short of saying used in the film.

Think he's trying to use wording to save his hieny.

More to come!! :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Let's tie" piratesrus" to his products, and throw him to the sharks!

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Someone I know from another board bought one of the sabers he had for sale.

Pirates Of The Caribbean Prop Saber With COA!

I would hate to think she got ripped off.  :ph34r:

Is it real Iron Bess?  If not, what can she do to get her money back?

What I don't get is why this guy has 100% feedback... :ph34r:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but....

I knew that picture looked familiar. You can buy that same saber on www.deadmentellnotales.com for $19.95. The seller on eBay is using the same pictures as used on the deadmentellnotales site. Here's the same saber:

http://www.deadmentellnotales.com/page/DM/...M/PROD/S7/Saber

I would tell your friend to start by giving the seller negative feedback, and reporting him to Ebay using the link from the same, and the link from the DMTNT site. She didn't pay much above what the other site sells it for, $5.00, but still, she was under the assumption that it was a genuine piece from the movie. It is false and misleading advertising and infringement on Disney's rights. And a piece of advice, if any sale says "buy it now", chances are there are more copies of the same item and the item is not unique.

The Barbossa hat is gone, but he still has over 30 other items for sale as being listed as "Pirates of the Caribbean Props". He also has added to the drum as being "Pirates of the Caribbean Prop British Drum *REAL*".