What a shame...

Charity

Ahhh.. the joys of the world of idiocy!

Makes Monty Python movies all the more TRUE! Scarey.

Capitalism? :: Shrugs:: Democracy... doubtful...

Just the fools being stupid... & not knowing what they are getting themselves into.

Frankly... I'd say this is up to Disney to email the buyers to warn the buyers of the seller being a fake... let alone eBay needs to do their work.

Pirating the props to make cheap replicas or fakes... reselling items you can get elsewhere.... that's just not practical piracy mates. That's idiocy in the highest degree.

Besides you can get better Barbossa hats else where.

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say he deserves to swing!

COA my ass... anyone can print a "COA" on parchment paper which is readily available at every wal-mart... :lol:

"Pirates Of The Caribbean Prop Sword Wood Handle"

64_1.JPG

I only obtained a few of these from our prop distributor, but they are unique and from all I know about pirates it is authentic as it has a wood handle, back then pirates had to make weapons cheaply as possible until they could steal a better one, as you see we have many of these props listed, this to comes with a Letter Of Authenticity and from what our distributor says was mainly used by the pirate crew while filming. 30" In Size with wooden handle & sheath. See our complete line of movie props. Buyer to pay shipping.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If'n that's an authentic Pirate sword prop, I be Long John Silver! It's clearly cut/pasted from an el-cheapo knife/sword catalog... and the wording of the listing seems pretty clear to me.

from all I know about pirates

:lol: Indeed...

Someone blow that lubber out of the water, sez I!

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

This one isn't piratesrus, but a slick one.

Advertised as "Pirates of the Seven Seas 4-Figure Set" The four figures include:

Blackbeard (who mysteriously is dressed just like Barbossa)

William (who mysteriously is dressed just like Will)

John (who mysteriously is dressed just like Jack)

Mary (who mysteriously is dressed just like Elizabeth)

All four figures are standing at top a mound of gold with a chest that mysteriously looks just like the Aztec chest in POTC. This one's name is collectorsnetusa*com and has a Feedback score of 99.5% out of 7951 sales. The buy it now price is $19.95.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

However, I found this also. So is this legal?

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/4974.shtml

Oooh, dear. & a couple people told me that the NECA toys were horrible.. these are WORSE! & not even official!

Oh, well.... Interesting... nonetheless...

:D

:D:D:D

That is just way too funny. If someone was that obssessed with POTC, they would go for it regardless of the quality or authenticity. What ever floats their boat, arrrrrr, I mean ship.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Hhmmmm... I'll send this guys address off to the Bruckhiemer lawyers in the morning.

Should I.... send him an email tomorrow from my Disney server? Scare the barnicales off him??

If he has any?

Whay say ye to that?? :ph34r:

har har i say go for it

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Aye.. I'd say that's the real thing there! Looks just like the one that I saw there at the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago for the Action! exhibit.

Wow.. the whole kitncaboodle.. wicked!

:D

The PropStore of London is well-known for their movie collectibles, so it should be authentic. The price is certainly in line with what PSoL charges. (Which means it's waaaaaay out of my reach! :D )

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Well my friend was just as surprised as I was. We will both be doing a further investigation into this.

I really question the fact the seller still hasn't proven with anything with paperwork that the dress is the real thing and not a copy.

Rumba Rue

** :D **

• 3 weeks later...

Scurvy Dog.. you scurvy dog! :lol:

A spyglass, eh? Oooo... would love something like that.

Damnit man, wish you were closer to this direction! Would have so much fun at the re-enactments at the tavern there! :) :lol::lol:

Psst... :::looks around:: if ever you get that chance... grab something for me from the sequels. If you could? Rather partial to Barbossa. :) As long as I can use it at the re-enactments.

::Ponders:: Not sure what I could use actually.. besides a carbine & 2 or 3 Dragoon pistols.... a horse... :lol:

Regarding the dress supposedly worn in POTC, apparently it is a copy.

The person selling the dress cannot show any paperwork to prove anything.

Also, according to my insider friend, two other copy dresses were for sale earlier this year on Ebay - one from Provo, Utah of all places.

Rumba Rue

** :ph34r: **