Tiny POTC update

Iron Bess

In a thread of mine posting to Marty, i gave him the link to the article of GR where he said he'd be coming back.

Marty said that put a smile on his face but he had not heard anything yet, but he seems to really hope he would.

I hope so too, he was fun and he seems like a nice guy, i'd feel sorry for him if he was passed.

hero.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ok. Btw, where exactly do you work, if you don't mind me askin?

No, I don;t mind.

No secret here that I am the Walt Disney Studios Talent and Production Coordinator.

(shrug) It's a living. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

In a thread of mine posting to Marty, i gave him the link to the article of GR where he said he'd be coming back.

Marty said that put a smile on his face but he had not heard anything yet, but he seems to really hope he would.

I hope so too, he was fun and he seems like a nice guy, i'd feel sorry for him if he was passed.

Don;t feel sorry for Geoffrey, at least he's a working actor.

It's no secret Geoffrey has every intention of doing Barbossa again.

The problem is that he is already booked during the filming of the 2nd film so in all likely hood he may be a blurb in the seond film and carry on into the third.

Sorry folks, it's the nature of the beast. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

[it's no secret Geoffrey has every intention of doing Barbossa again.

The problem is that he is already booked during the filming of the 2nd film so in all likely hood he may be a blurb in the seond film and carry on into the third.

Sorry folks, it's the nature of the beast. :ph34r:

For the right amount of money, anything is possible. Isn't that so, Iron Bess? :ph34r: Too bad Michael Eisner is still in charge of the Mouse's vision and purse.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

(chuckle)

I'm saying nothing.

But remember.... those of you who are close enough to do lunch..... 

*waves hand vigorously*

Me me me! I'm close enough, at least for a while... and of course, I'll buy!!!!! :ph34r:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

[

For the right amount of money, anything is possible. Isn't that so, Iron Bess? :ph34r: Too bad Michael Eisner is still in charge of the Mouse's vision and purse.

Michaels's contract isn;t up until 2006 ... after that he will be replaced.

our fear in the meantime though (and YES it's VERY possible...) is that he'll run us into the ground before he leaves. Fact is, it's already started.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

(chuckle)

I'm saying nothing.

But remember.... those of you who are close enough to do lunch..... 

*waves hand vigorously*

Me me me! I'm close enough, at least for a while... and of course, I'll buy!!!!! :ph34r:

Well.... send me a PM sometime we'll see if our schedule work out. I will be gone though from the 19th to the 27th.

Going up to look at Houses in Carmel. :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Bess, I've sent several PMs in the past two months but never received any replies. I thought maybe it wasn't working or was full. :ph34r:

I sent you an e-mail yesterday.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

It would be cool if we all got together, in our garb and stormed the theater-lol! What a sight that would be! We'd go to the El Captain theater in Hollywood. The famous movie theater that shows Disney movies only. Maybe I could persuade me friend Rob to get us in free-lol! :(

Now THA'S an idea, lass! I intend to go to the El Capitan at midnight on opening day. We should all ge' together for i'!

Captain Wolfy Wench

Lady B I thought we decided we were just going to show up in garb..Oh well Can I be Johhny Depp..nay not him..Jack Sparrows Body Guard???? Pleaseeee??? :(

:( True... true... we did discuss that. Hell... I wouldn't be there as a bodyguard.. would rather give the 2 Actor's characters hell! :: evil grinz::

My new outfit will be based off the outfit of Calico Cat (Cheesy name, I know) from the card game Pirates of the Spanish Main. & yes, I have tons of spare material I can still make some funky pirate outfits. just need to buy the buttons & trim, etc.

Hmmm... ok, a few women pirates... giving the gents hell... Oooo, what an idea... eh, Siren? the piratess' like sirens?

Ooooh, so many possibilities to future stories! Oh, how much fun we have, as you have been seeing, Siren. :) & Ooooooh, the idea of torturing the gents... ::: Evil grinz::

Well... here's to hoping the best for everyone. & hopefully... less troubles.

Also, here's to hoping they pick the Royaliste... that is IF ya want it picked, Captain. :( I had that feeling for the past few months. Either the Royaliste or the Rose.. maybe the Bounty. Or bloody well some other ship.

But I still think they should build a real version of the Black Pearl! Oh, would people pay up the wazzoo to have a ride on the infamous pirate ship!

Geoffrey in more films? Bloody hell! Here's to hopin' he doesn't over do it.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Lunch ye say? Well if'n I wear me fine frock coat, do I get a cameo appearance in the movie?  :ph34r:

Rumba Rue

**The Cecil B. DeMille wannabe** :D

No Rumba.

Bad, BAD pirate!!! ;)

Why thankee, cuz I didn't know there were any good pirates!

Rumba Rue

**Remember, burn last** ;)

No secret here that I am the Walt Disney Studios Talent and Production Coordinator.

You serious? :D

WOW, that's awsome, lucky you ;)

Don;t feel sorry for Geoffrey, at least he's a working actor.

:ph34r: Geoffrey?

I am not sorry for him as he is coming back, i meant i'm sorry if Marty wasn't coming back.

Marty had said he hadn't heard anything about the old crew coming back, and when i showed him the article where Geoffrey said HE was coming back Marty said it put a smile on his face but he hadn't heard anything yet..but was hoping he would.

The problem is that he is already booked during the filming of the 2nd film so in all likely hood he may be a blurb in the seond film and carry on into the third.c

:D THAT SUCKS...

Oh gosh, well then..we'll have to be glad he's back in #2, but it's a mega disapointment, i thought he'd said he was back for both ;)

OH WAIT..i'm not reading right i thought you were saying he's NOT coming to the third due to prior committments..but you're saying he will carry on in the third..now THAT's what me wants to hear ;)

It would be cool if we all got together, in our garb and stormed the theater-lol! What a sight that would be! We'd go to the El Captain theater in Hollywood. The famous movie theater that shows Disney movies only. Maybe I could persuade me friend Rob to get us in free-lol!

OH...that sounds so cool...and this time Geoffrey will probably be there ...god i want to come to the premiere..but there's no way in H*LL i can get overthere...unless i win big in the lottery finally SOON...

hero.jpg

Oh ok. Btw, where exactly do you work, if you don't mind me askin?

No, I don;t mind.

(shrug) It's a living. :ph34r:

Now THAT has got to be an interesting job! If I may ask, how did you get into that line of business?

Makes my profession of a network engineer/HSD engineer/computer geek-nerd seem soooooo boring!

It would be cool if we all got together, in our garb and stormed the theater-lol! What a sight that would be! We'd go to the El Captain theater in Hollywood. The famous movie theater that shows Disney movies only. Maybe I could persuade me friend Rob to get us in free-lol!

OH...that sounds so cool...and this time Geoffrey will probably be there ...god i want to come to the premiere..but there's no way in H*LL i can get overthere...unless i win big in the lottery finally SOON...

All the fun happens in California... *pout*

We've got a film studio here (One Tree Hill was done there), but other than that, it's too quiet! And unfortunately, it's also dying out here. One of the major movie camera companies just moved out of here. Neat thing about having a film studio here is when the shows are over, they have a MASSIVE garage sale! Some of my kids toys are from that show.

Now THAT has got to be an interesting job! If I may ask, how did you get into that line of business?

Makes my profession of a network engineer/HSD engineer/computer geek-nerd seem soooooo boring!

I started at Disneyland in 1970. Worked in the park for about 15 years then transfered to the Studio.

How did I get my present job?

I am one of the few people that (1) isn't start struck

(2) can take what they give and and return it without them knowing they have been insulted

(3) I'm good to them and they know it

(4) there is NO position at any other Studio like this one where they ARE taken care of by people outside of their own and

(5) no one else in their right mind wants the job.

:ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

But I still think they should build a real version of the Black Pearl!

Me too! :)

Oh, would people pay up the wazzoo to have a ride on the infamous pirate ship!

That they would! I know I sure would pay to take a ride on it!!

Say, why don't they build a real Black Pearl? :lol:

(5) no one else in their right mind wants the job.

How come? I'm curious, what exactly do you do?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm also wondering, are they going to be adding any new people to the cast of POTC 2?

(no, I don't want to audition for a part. It's not that kind of question. I'm just curious if there will be any new faces, besides Keith Richards. Though being an extra would cool.)

davyjones.gif

But I still think they should build a real version of the Black Pearl!

Me too! :)

Oh, would people pay up the wazzoo to have a ride on the infamous pirate ship!

That they would! I know I sure would pay to take a ride on it!!

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that the "hull" of the BP was sold to an island resort for a very cheap price. The new owner was estatic, until he found out the barge didn't come with it, and it cost several thousand dollars per day to rent!

I agree and it could be an attraction in the Disneypark after the film's finished.

I would like it to see do a tour of the world, one year it would be in the USA, the other in Europe.

They do that with the light parade wagens, it rotates, so i'm shure it could be done with a ship.

hero.jpg

I agree and it could be an attraction in the Disneypark after the film's finished.

I would like it to see do a tour of the world, one year it would be in the USA, the other in Europe.

They do that with the light parade wagens, it rotates, so i'm shure it could be done with a ship.

Ahoy and Avast!!...That 'tourin number' already be able and purrrrfected by your friendly neighborhood pirate ship!!!!..See wot I mean??

Royaliste Travels.....She's traveled two countries already by all possible means, includin' 'took apart and reassembled'!.........We'll do it inna heartbeat! ;) ...besides, She's never done Europe, eh wot???...We definitely need more powder!! ;)

She's rubbed gunn'l afore more'n a time or two with the H.M.S. Rose, 'twould certainly be a pleasure, but that'd be a lot 'o Canadian hulls in one place; could trigger another sea war!!..besides, dunno 'ow well two different studios'll fair, ship swappin' :)

:lol:

Iron Bess, I be down here in Southern California... yer area, really! Close ter all the studios!

I'd love to come visit ye in the offices one day... ;) I'm jus' dyin' to work fer Disney, seriously!

Captain Wolfy Wench

Well, send me a PM when your coming down and we'll hook up.

I will be OUT of the Studio from Aug 19 to the 27th.... :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that the "hull" of the BP was sold to an island resort for a very cheap price. The new owner was estatic, until he found out the barge didn't come with it, and it cost several thousand dollars per day to rent!

THe model of the black pearl (which was HUGE mind you...) is sitting in Jerry Bruckheimer's back yard.

The hull from the working model was sold off in pieces to several places.

:ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif