Pirate Video Games

Zabeth Kidd

I'm not so PC-game savvy, but there is a new MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role-playing game) that's coming out for computers, and it's called Pirates of the Burning Seas. It's being released by an independant company, and there may be a post on this forum about it a page back. In this game, you create your own character in a world of many players like you, and you create your character's destiny as a pirate, privateer, merchant, etc by the things you do in the game.

Since I'm usually up to date about games, I'll keep you posted if anything pirate-related comes our way.

The official Pirates of the Caribbean game is released on PC, so you may want to check it out. It has nothing to do with the movie, but I hear Kiera Knightley did a voice for it. After all, the game was really Sea Dogs 2, and Disney "comandeered" it for its own enterprising purposes.

Also, the old game Sea Dogs 1 in on PC, as well as games like Escape from Monkey Island, and the fairly good game Pirate Hunter.

Captain Wolfy Wench

1) Secret of Monkey Island

2) Secret of Monkey Island 2

3) Escape from Monkey Island

4) Something more from Monkey Island

5) Pirates!

6) Pirates! Gold

7) Little Pirate (my game, crappy drawn, buggy, spelling errors, and still in demo 2, but I'll finish it up someday and get it decent, at least the same quality as Ninja Forever will have)

I can give you links to where to download all of those, excpet nr. 3 and nr. 4.

Hmm, there is an old-school nintendo pirate game, and also an online game too...cant think of any pc games tho

I think there were a bunch of Monkey Island games on the PC. The PS2 had Escape from Monkey Island, which was hilarious (but difficult). Someone posted it earlier, but a new game called Galleon is coming out on the X-Box...and quite possibly the PC. Sid Meyer's Pirates looks promising too.

"I like nachos. Mermaid nachos."

The Seabeaver - Official Website

Facebook

MySpace

Twitter

banner2.gif

• 1 month later...

I'd recommend Redjack - The Revenge of the Brethren... it's a role playing game with swordfighting, treasure hunting and lots of interaction with other rogues and lasses...

Believe it's out of print but I found mine on ebay...

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

PotC is a good game - Monkey Island 1, 2, and 3 are great (4 is a write-off, I'm afraid.)

I'm currently playing Port Royale 2, which is decent but doesn't really live up to the potential offered by today's technology - splotchy graphics, and lacks any sense of emersion. If you're into the whole "civic planning" type of videogames, I'd recommend Tropico 2 over Port Royale 2 - you have less control over your captains, but the game has more personality.

Personally, if I could only own one pirate game, I'd wait until November and snag a copy of the new Sid Meier's Pirates. Probably the most anticipated pirate videogame of all time, and from what I've heard from Betatesters, it will be well worth the wait :ph34r:

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Yup, I heard the same thing...

Sid Meier is re-releasing his famed game "Pirates!" on PC with a modern-day facelift! New graphics, new gameplay, and it looks great!

Look for the article about it in one of the new issues of a PC gaming magazine (with The Sims 2 on the cover), or look up more info about it on gamespot.com.

Also, there is a game on Xbox called Galleon, and it's supposed to be decent, if not pretty good. Don't know if it's on PC, but Microsoft tends to cover both platforms with one release.

Deviana "The Wolf" Windsor

If Sid Meier's updated Pirates is HALF as good as his original, it'll blow all the other competitor's out of the water HANDS DOWN.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I think there's a pirate game called Legend of Black Kat for PS2 or XBox...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I think there's a pirate game called Legend of Black Kat for PS2 or XBox...

I've played that, the PS2 version. It's a sort of a cartoonish arcade style game, run around, kill and collect stuff, hack and slash. The separate 2 player mode ship battle game is great fun.

• 2 months later...

Seeing as I'm all really really pathetic with my obsession with the Sims 2. When people have hacked it more and figured out how to make new meshes and objects, I'll keep you all up to date on the pirate stuffs I find. (I could find some for the first one but I really dont want to play that one anymore)