Loose Cannon

The Loose Cannon news and announcements

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Administration Policy</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>At Pyracy.com, it's all about you!

Whatever you want, that's what we're going to do. I'm serious. If you want me to cry, then I'm bawling, baby. If you want your own topic started, LOOK OUT MAMA HERE IT COMES! There's nothing that I won't do to accomodate your slightest whim. Stop looking at me, please. You're making me a little nervous. Please blink or something. You soulless, devouring monsters. You've taken everything that was decent in me and buried it in scorpions. How I loathe you all.</span>

• 1 year later...

yeah yeah....AHHHHH

YAWN

and tis suppose to mean what to me?

;)

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

• 4 years later...

A native Portland pirate here, presently marooned in Montreal, Quebec (where NO ONE speaks pirate!!! Dang! They don't even speak ENGLISH!!!!).

Am new (VERY new) to the pirate scene and in serious need of pirate friends and pirate places to go (preferable with LOTS & LOTS of RUM!). Am in the process of assembling my pirate's chest. To be honest, finding it all a bit overwhelming. (I HATE being a newbie!)

I have been thinking that Portland would be a fantastic place for a pirate festival, what with it being a seacost town, having the Old Port district and its pro hockey team called the Portland Pirates! Guess no money monger has thought of it yet. Maybe a letter to the General Manager of the Portland Pirates?

Need a pirate name too. Was just gonna copy one, but I figure I deserve one of my own. I've been called BIG JOHN my whole life long (6'2" tall, 270 lbs, 54" chest, 40" waist, size EIGHT hat!!! -- try and find a size 8 hat! I have to have all mine custom made! Got Capt. Jack working on one now!) Anyway, I figure the name Big John oughta figure in there somehow...

Thanks for reading! Feel free to contact me!

BIG JOHN :)

• 2 years later...

Realize that this thread is extremely old and I'm necro-posting, but I noticed that (if ye be still around these waters) I'm from Massachusetts and would love a more localized piratical gathering. The only one (that I'm aware of) takes place in Salem and is very kid-oriented.

New England is not the hotbed of serious pirate reenacting. There are a couple of good crews but they are spread very thin and far apart. We see far more of the ren fair type gatherings, similar to the one at Salem. Where in Mass are you, and what are you interested in? I'm in CT and we are a small crew interested in the living history side of pyracy.

Hawkyns

Master Gunner

Captayne of the Mermayde

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

New England is not the hotbed of serious pirate reenacting. There are a couple of good crews but they are spread very thin and far apart. We see far more of the ren fair type gatherings, similar to the one at Salem. Where in Mass are you, and what are you interested in? I'm in CT and we are a small crew interested in the living history side of pyracy.

Hawkyns

Master Gunner

Captayne of the Mermayde

Oh don't get me wrong, I love King Richard's Faire and "that sort of thing", but an actual New England-based pirate festival would be fantastic. Sort of like what they have out in California, Florida or the Carolinas. Being part of a living history group again could be very fun, although a dash of Hollywood/imagination would be more my style, I imagine. I'm not saying living history/reenacting isn't fun, it is! I was with an American Civil War unit for awhile and did love it...

I'm blabbering again. excuse me. I'm from Worcester County. I love history in general but am fascinated by the GAoP. My hat and baldric would like to experience some outdoor piratical fun sometime soon. My kit (or what I have of one) is probably nowhere near being historically accurate, but I don't mind portraying a hollywood-ized pirate. Just no feathers, jack sparrow accents or plastic blunderbuss for me.

Edited by Pixel Pirate

• 5 months later...

Hey Maties,

Being a former New Englander and now in the Tampa region, I feel yer pain. Some time ago, Glouster had a festival. I think is is now no longer. I have done several small events here in Florida and if yer interested, reach out and I will be happy to share my experience and contacts.

Perhaps come down to Florida during one of our events to get some ideas on how to organize and talk to the organizers. Reach out and let me know when you might be interested and I will let you know what festival is happening.

"The Gov"

Royal Governor to the Tampa Bay Company

Black Powder Master for Muskets and Cannons NPS

• 4 weeks later...

Aye there be the Salem Pirate Festival each year, not too shabby, but a bit shabby if ye get me likins. The tall ships in portsmouth NH be a pirate site te see as well. Got a few local groups in this area ye can talk to or join. I knows in Maine there be the Dark Rose, Nashua has the black powder shooting Black Rose 2 Pirates. The Pillage Idiots are out of northern Mass, fun group o' guys. I'm from southern Maine/Northern NH and enjoy meself a good pirating. Got me own Blue and Gold Macaw and a real wooden peg leg too! Ever lookin fer pirate events let me know!

Welcome Aboard Mister Tucci. ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney