Crewe ChitChat

Good ta hear that the ship and crewe be well tendin' fer dis blow you about to undertake. Studley and I are well provisioned fer here. And If it get real bad down there, come here we've plenty o' rum ta spare. Studley been drydocked fer now going on 3 days and will stay thar fer 9 more at least. Seems that while he been enjoying a native festivity in Charleston, He ran aground and broke some planks below the waterline. So he be shored up fer awhile and I be tendin' im. Animal if I be needin' the surgeon I'll be callin'. Stay now wit the ship through this blow you be more help there. To the rest o' ya scurvy lot, (except Captain) keep ya heads down or tie yarself to a mast. Fare thee well. Cheers

To The End Of Thee World or Wherever We Happen To Spin Off

I'm off to see the elixir.

The wonderful elixir of ours.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye aye sir, time to get back to work!

*paisley glances over her shoulder, winks at merry, and slowly bends over to pick up a mop

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Capt'n Hurricane, I be reportin' fer duty. I'm signing on as the ships surgeon and medicator. I 'ave 'eard that tis is da ship that needs the most medicating. Looking at the green tint to some of the Portlando crewe, I think that a special medicine is in order. Show me to the sick bay and I'll start cooking up something fer the green tinge of the crewe. **leans over and scratches Animal behind the ears** come with me, it's time for your rabies shots. :lol:

Dr. Wanna

Dr. Ivana-Anne-Anita Sum Yung Guy

My friends call me Dr. Wanna

If you are not my friend, don't call me at all.

Well all, me has heard from dey Capt'm. Dey be fine an well wit Francis leafing dem a little wet. He saids dat dey went to der lake and flew kites in 50 mph winds. He say it be fun and Nigel almost gotlifted off dey ground. Mewonders how dey caught a kite wit out being torn up by dey claws. Me has finally figured out dat black box dat makes noise. It be a signal o some sort dat dey Capt'n wnots ter talk ter me. Me wonders why him don just talk ter me wit out dat infernal box.

Animal

:o

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Ahoy all!

Welcome aboard Doc! Got any anti-Cat 3 medicine around there? Ivan's on it's way - need an antidote before they run me out of town.

Check out photos of ol' captain in the eye of the storm in the Rabble Rousing section... We're at a lovely inn now, enjoying the hospitality of Diosa's legitimate employer, Clear Channel...

Time to head for the pool :)

(Just kidding - that's tomorrow)

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Forget the Cat-3 meds... let's go for Cat-5 ones.... early models show Hurricane Ivan..with winds of oh... 160 miles per hour... heading this way... i truly believe 2 storms is enough this summer in one area....

Michelle

I'M SOOOOOOOO WITH YOU, GODDESS!!!!

stupid...

stupid...

#^$@&*&%$#$ hurricane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Is that

stupid...

stupid...

(Captain) @#$@#%$^ Hurricane?

That calls for a floggin on me ship it does....

== The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

hurricane Posted on Sep 9 2004, 07:09 PM

Is that

stupid...

stupid...

(Captain) @#$@#%$^ Hurricane?

nay sir!

i am speaking of the hurricane directly, the nasty winds sir...

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

E'en though I did enjoy flying the Pyrate Ship kite in Hurricane Frances (I ask you, how often do you get the opportunity to do that?), and the wondrous spectacle which the sailors of old referred to as "St. Elmo's Fire" with both Charley and Frances, I must admit that all this hurricance business is wearing on my resources as well as my patience.

No offense, Ivan, but isn't there someone else you'd like to visit?We've had enough 'company' dropping in lately.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I must humbly agree with me mates. Three hurricanes in a month is a little bit taxing. If I didn't have to work for a living it would be fine, but moving all this equipment to and from our quarters to other safe harbors is very disruptive.

Thankfully, Deadly Aim is on her way to Portlando to weather the storm away from the Keys. We shall be going pirating tonight to celebrate the prospective onslaught. Keep a weathered eye out for the blow and let's hope she only skirts the coast and doesn't head inland again...

And pray to the "power" gods to keep our lanterns lit this time. Argh!!!!!

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Indeed we shall have a most raucous caucous tonight, Mon Capitan.

Heh heh... he said 'blow', 'skirts' and 'head' all in the same sentence.

lol

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

Aye, Capt'n a nd dey crewe in Portlando. ye takes cares o yerselves and me hopes and parayes are dat me future home still be in one piece whens we get dere. Gives DeadlyAim a hug and kiss fer me and tells her dat she be gittin dey real ting in November. We be watchin dey skys and dis new tinng called a "radar" on a regular basis. Me knows not hoe dis ting works but it has me attention.

Animal

B)

Ahoy Animal!

We did The Pyrates proud at our raid of the St. Andrew's Pub. We sucked down plenty of fine ales, conversed with the Brits, had a helluva dart tourney (steel tip of course) and sang songs. A fine night indeed.

And it looks like Ivan will be waylaying to the west, far from our post here in Portlando. So we are in safe harbor for the time bein' and hopin' the keys don't get whacked too hard.

And safe thoughts to our pirate buddies down in the Caymans...

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Aye Capt'n, me ha been tinkin about EJ and dey rest. Me hopes dat dey were able ter leave before Ivan showed yp. Me touts be wit dem and to dey folks o dey fair Jamica. It gots hit bad me hears.

Animal

<_<

As the latest member of the crew, I must take offense at any casting of aspersions on Vikings. Me bloodline includes them early pirates. Anyway, I hope everybody fairs well in the tempest. Glad to be aboard. BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Welcome aboard, Billy Bones! Glad t'have ye as an official member of the crewe!

We had a fine time at St Andrews last night. We arrived to find the pub darkened by power outage. In me usual fashion, I was lagging behind the crewe a bit. Must be the Colorado cowboy in me, always wantin' to round up stragglers. I was expectin' to be finding a dark room full of peoples who needed entertaining, as there would be no TV or radio. Funny thing, I opened the door to enter, and the lights came back on! I guess I really can light up a room with me presence!

Deadly Aim lived up to her name in the dart game. We always has fun pirating together.

We treated the crowd to an Acapulco...er...Francis Ford Copolla...er...Academia...er, um...

...vocal song before we exited for the night.

Much fun indeed.

Oh yes, and rum. Can't forget the rum.

Anyone who goes insulting Billy will have t'walk the plank at the pointy end o' my sabre. And let us not forget, our own Olaf is a Viking too.

Ivan, however, can just be Russhin' on by to the west an' skip Florida, that would suit me just fine.

Sounds to me that ya main crewe be having to much fun dering this stormy season. Whilst I be up here working double watches cause of Studley's over exhuberant dance styles. Be at least drinking one fer me.

To The End Of Thee World or Wherever We Happen To Spin Off

I'm off to see the elixir.

The wonderful elixir of ours.

I did not mean to upset the vikings, I just meant that when they set out to accomplish something they really do their job, wheather good or bad. And when they do good, they are VERY good. :)

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!