Crewe ChitChat

Pyrates of the Coast news and announcements

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Administration Policy</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>At Pyracy.com, it's all about you!

Whatever you want, that's what we're going to do. I'm serious. If you want me to cry, then I'm bawling, baby. If you want your own topic started, LOOK OUT MAMA HERE IT COMES! There's nothing that I won't do to accomodate your slightest whim. Stop looking at me, please. You're making me a little nervous. Please blink or something. You soulless, devouring monsters. You've taken everything that was decent in me and buried it in scorpions. How I loathe you all.</span>

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahoy and welcome fellow members of the Pyrates of the Coast...

If you're a member of our nefarious crewe, enter your missives here. If you'd like to join us give us an email at hurricane@piratesofthecoast.com and we'll be happy to consider your query and add you to the manifest....

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

** staggers in smelling like a rum factory** Aye Captn' Aminal reportn fer duty ** eyes roll back into head and falls face first **

Animal

:blink:

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Aye Cap'n, Studley's aboard. I'll bring her around and find us that horizon. On better thought let's find us a ship full of rum and a boat load of wenches! :)

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Another thing Cap'n, that pesky pirate puppet has been botherin' the bloody hell out of me about joining the crew. You know the one...Roberto Kaboom- killaa' of men and luvaa' of women. We call him" Kabob" for short after the incident in that Florida pub. Please stop this endless chattering!

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Send us a bloody photo of the mate and we'll toss him onto the site. We don't want him chattering the night away and botherin' ya. It was a pleasure to meet him, and watch him die. Nice to know he's resurrected, Studley.

Great seeing you and Olaf in our waters. T'was a true pleasure. And we can't wait to voyage with the likes of you once again.

PS: I was mentioning to Julie at PiP about you and Olaf handling security at the fort during the festival's last weekend and encampment. What say you? I think Julie's willing to trade out for the camping privileges...

- Captain

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Ahoy Animal - bring the rum aboard and we'll have at it. If you can find yer way aboard, lad. Back from Key West. Captain Jacque Asse was there one night, that nefarious alter ego of Hurricane. He was rumsoaked, and drown while trying to board a ship dockside that was obviously (or obliviously) not his. Yer humble Captain Hurricane is back in charge.

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Upcoming Voyages

Ahoy all!

For those of you who are new to the Pyrates of the Coast, we've been around under various names since 1990. We originally sailed the Puget Sound waters and moved our home port to just north of Orlando.

We go out 10 to 20 times a year, performing at festivals, doing community service appearances and just having a good time at local establishments. Ages range from Bullseye, the Cabin Boy, who's 6 to Water Rat who is 70+. Many of us have sailed together for 20+ years, others are new.

We have a pirate band that performs while the rest of the crewe roams the crowd, beading and stickering the civilians. We've performed throughout the world over the years -- Sail Boston, the Tall Ship Regatta, Mardi Gras -- in Roatan, Belize, Cozumel -- the list goes on.

Here's just a few of the things coming up -

July 20-24 - Hemingway Days Festival - The Pyrates of the Coast will be invading this annual ode to Papa which includes a lookalike contest, running of the bulls (sort of) and literary readings and events. We'll be hoisting a few flagons in honor of Mr. Hemingway's favorite past time while participating in the festivities.

Sept. 18-19 - The Pyrates of the Coast will be making their way to the Commencement Bay Maritime Fest, located along the Foss Waterway in Tacoma, WA. They'll be singing, beading, photo opportunities and carousing for those that meet up with us. Times to be determined.

Sept. 24-26 - The Pyrates will be raiding the St. Andrews Fall Seafood and Pirate Fest.

A seafood festival with a pirate twist along the bay in the historic St. Andrews, FL area on the St. Andrews Marina and the surrounding area. Travel by car or boat. Children's entertainment and activities.

Oct. 2 - The Pyrates will be performing at the Heindl and Laukshtein pirate wedding in Key West, at the West Martello Tower. This is a private event (obviously) but the crewe will also be supplying the piratical vows in addition to performing at the reception.

Oct. 30 - Halloween's on a Sunday this year (drats) so we'll be doing our usual havoc in the greater Orlando area at our favorite haunts. Hint: We'll be the ones in the pirate costumes.

Nov. 19-21 - The Pyrates will be pillaging and plundering the 2nd Annual Central Florida Pirate Festival, November 19, 20 and 21 at Coachman Park in Clearwater. Check out the festival at it unfolds at piratefair.com.

Nov. 25-Dec. 5 - Pirates in Paradise Festival, Key West. Hurricane, Sloe Gin, Dreamboat Annie, Bullseye, Sir Nigel, Diosa and Lighthouse will return to this annual gathering of piracy. We'll be appearing all over town again, doing stage shows, story times, visits to local retirement homes, a beach cleaning, kid's day at Mel Fisher's Treasure Museum, Captain Tony's, the schooner Wolf, sea battles and the pub run. We'll also be posing for a bajillion photos with touristas. If you can only make on pirate event in your life, this is the one! See photos from our 2003 escapades on our site at http://www.piratesofthecoast.com.

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I've noted that the Goddess in the Bodice, Diosa, has failed to check in at muster. Hhmm! She could be AWOL again... gone island on us all. Curses!

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Hhmm, I know she is around here somewhere. Animal, check under the tackle and spare sails in the fore to see if she's sleeping another off there....

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I heard about that unfortunate episode with Jacque Asse. In hindsight I think it would have been better to lead him away from the drink into the way into it. I think the latter was his ultimate downfall. Hate those sissy pirates who can't handle their rum...

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

**Hicccuuuupppp URRRRRRPPPPPP*** I resemble dat remark, fair Goddess inna de Bodice!!!! Aye Catpn' I found her trying ta hide me stash o special rum. Caught 'er red handed I did but she used dem womanly wiles on me and I must say she be a perversive one ..uhhh perswasive ...uhh. yea dat be what me ment.....................

Animal

B)

Aye Animal, I would go for the former as well as the later. Got to watch out for dem feminine wiles, particularly for those who have de swords... And exactly where be your special rum stash, mate?

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Ye Captn'.. me would be 'appy ter let ye in on me stash but me tinks dat de Captn' Asse may be lurking about. Besides me mate, de doktor says it should be dispensed fer tose wit de augre. It be fer medicinal porpoises(who cares if da fish be sick??????). Igonna hava ter aquesence to de good doktors avice.

Animal

B)

Ahoy Capn, I be here to seek the plunder of the seas wit ya and your crew. I may be shanghaied by another one, namely the Scupper, but til then, I am at your service. Me Title is tender Weapons Tender, but was wondering about being BosuM Merrydeath.

What!! ya mean ta say tis Bos'uN?? I'll be jiggered! Well that explains the looks at the maritime fest. Hmm.

Anyway, here I be, tendering to your weapons, and do't worry. My weapons are mostly concealed.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

The crewe has guffawed extensively at the Tender Weapons Tender. You're stuck with it lass. Make no mistake - the Pyrates of the Coast be the funnest, hardieast, uhh, heartiest cut throats to sail the seven seas (as well as a bunch of lakes in Portlando)... do not be swayed by others showing their coin or stout rigging... do not be cottled by their wiles. Stay true lass and you will be rewarded with bunnies galore.

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Aye, MerryD, welcome aboard de Blackheart. She be a stout ship wit de most scurvy ridden crewe abouts. De new ships doktor be working on dat scurvy ting. ** wanders off to find his private stash,returnng a short time with 2 bottles of rum** "ereya go lass,have some o de Caribbeans' finest on me. Just ye know Captn' Hurricaine, I de standin' fer Quartermaster again.

Animal

:blink:

Consider yerself reinstated to Quartermaster, mate. Glad to see you've signed the articles once again.... How's the ship's doctor coming along with medikal skool. I hear she did well on the amputation test... Got an F I'm told which I assume stands for Fine... The crewe is looking forward to having a bonafide medicine woman aboard to treat the less than social diseases that are running amok on the Blackheart...

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I hear VD is the social event of the season! And we can wear little gloves when we shake hands. I do mean Val Day of course..

Opens the bottle of rum and spits out the cork..

Aminal, ya are a good man, er matey, er... QM! Master of Quarters ya are!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

**bows low to MerryD and promptly topples over*** dat meetin & greetin inna de oter rooms be taken a tool on meself. Alla dat free rum.

De surgeon be doing well, Captn'. Aye she did get a F in Amputation and dat do me Fine. De mostest clean and quick cut de instructor ever say. De patient dinna even know his leg was taken. He got up and fell onna his face. He finally got up wit some help and said" A pegleg, just wot I alwas needed. and Tanked her fer her quick qork. She gave him 3 pints o dark rum and told him to contact 'er inna de morning.

Animal

:P

FREE RUM!!!

oh yeah, from the intros.. chuckles and wobbles over to the bench. Plops down then gets a dreamy look. I 'member one time at pirate band camp.. there was a guy named Flute.

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Are you following me MD? We just seem to like the same ships, or is it who's on the ships??

Hey Goddess In Bodice, save all the green jewels for me :)

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

*puts away her super duper electric bug and looks innoercent*

Who me?? I just like the company you keep!

waves to Nigel. bunnies Rule! and chicks Rock!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

**looking confused** Jeweles????? Dem green tings be Jeweles??? I t'ought dat dey wer riock candy. It'ought dey tsted a wee bit queersome. Was tinkin dat alla dat rum inna de intro room was palying tricks wit me taster. Ah well. Ye can hav em back inna day or so.

Animal

:lol: