Seeking Pirates

So, in my travels of the last eight months, I have become stranded in eastern Washington, a place that is completely foreign to me. Any news about gatherings or activites there would be much welcome.

The Duchess

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I be located in southern california and want to find a crew that would be acceptin me... I know about the one in san fransisco but i dont think i can go up there very often if at all.

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

There are several groups in Southern California and they'll all be at the Ojai Pirate Faire this weekend at Lake Casitas. Just go to the calender and click on Ojai Pirate Farie and there will be a link with more information. I will be ther as well as many others from the Pub

be at the Port Royal Privateer encampment. Come by say hello and introduce yourself! :) I about to leave so I will so I may not be able to respond.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

i would go naturaly to meet pirates in my area but unfortunatly i have work that day

But why is the rum gone?

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

:ph34r: Arrr!

I have a small crew of about ten people but none of them R girls.

If ye be young and wish to join, let me know

:ph34r: Capt. Phil

"Take what ye can, Give nothin back!"

What if I be medium, and do not wish to join any group who would have me?

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
Capt'n Jim-sib writes::

"The Bath Tri-Centennial Maritime Festival will be held Sept. 22-25, 2005. Bath, NC is the state's oldest seaport, the first colonial state capital, and a home to Edward Teach. Teach, after wrecking the QAR went to Bath & married a local girl.

The Festival committee has mentioned to me an interest in having pirates/re-enactors at their celebration. I have been in contact with Stynky Tudor on this who has aided them greatly.

There will be a committee meeting mid August in Bath. If you are interested could you please inform me of your rates, gratuitiy, and needs so that I can pass them along to the chairwoman in charge of this event. Many things are still up in the air on this celebration, but as the time grows nearer, they will get done. Tis a year away, yet some folks like to be prepared. The state has given them a grant, and the Elizabeth II of Roanoke will be there.

Their website is: http://historicbathnc.com

Sincerely yours

Jim Goodwn (Capt'n Jim-sib)

Charlotte, NC

704-365-4765

Captain Jim-Sib,

I'm delighted to hear about this Blackbeard event in Bath, NC, September 22 - 25, 2005, and that Roanoke's Elizabeth II is participating: my wife used to be one of their professional crew!

Have you contacted the NC Maritime Museum people in Beaufort? They're deeply involved with the QUEEN ANNE'S REVENGE reclamation project.

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Capt'n William,

Hope all be well w/ you & yours with the recent high waters in

N.O. I recall at such times the moccasins emerge into the flooded

roads.

I had been in touch with the NC Maritime Museum, David Moore precisely...& gave him two QAR's in a bottle for fund raising purposes several years ago. The folks is Bath, NC will be receiving a QAR soon for a fund raiser item soon in exchange for booth fees at the Tri-Centennial next Sept. They did get a grant from the state, yet it gets spread out for the entire year's celebration. They will be loaned the big bottle "Blackbeard's Fleet" when it is done with the San Diego show in Jan.

Been hitting the bottle hard for the Georgetown Wooden Boat Show ...which is this weekend. Hope to see some of ya'll East Coasters there.

Take Care,

Jim -sib

• 4 weeks later...
Why would anyone want to hire a bunch a crappy-assed pirates 4 nethin?! u all need 2 grow the hell up n stop livin in ur lil fantasy world u fuckin sons of biznitches!!!!! love n asskicks, kim 07762221761

;) Well.... at least most of us write with better grammer.

"Here's to you and here's to me

and here's to life on the rolling sea

And if we ever disagree

To H*** with you

And here's to ME!!" ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I didn't know guests could even post? How odd! And what a nasty little.....person she be! Funny, she has to come all the way on to a pirate board, waste her time to post to us and tell us to grow up. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, dealing with a real mind

here! ;)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

wow what an evil master mind signing in as a guest now we shall never know who she was tis an eternal puzzle ;)

But why is the rum gone?

I didn't know guests could even post? How odd! And what a nasty little.....person she be! Funny, she has to come all the way on to a pirate board, waste her time to post to us and tell us to grow up. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, dealing with a real mind

here! :D

I agree completely.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Guest  Posted: Nov 5 2004, 04:18 AM 

Why would anyone want to hire a bunch a crappy-assed pirates 4 nethin?! u all need 2 grow the hell up n stop livin in ur lil fantasy world u fuckin sons of biznitches!!!!! love n asskicks, kim 07762221761 

Tis intrest'n ta see wot floats up outa da bilge when waters gets stormy...ehh. To much anger an broke'n dreams fer that one ehh....Tis a shame ta give up yer dreams o' youth...a shame indeed.

:D

Signaturecopy.gif

I love that stuff, what a gross nasty person!

Perfect for lower level pirates *S*

Now, is this really the way we talk all the time or was this a rash moment of wishful thinking?

Now lets go brush our teeth and get rid of the potty mouth :D

This is about fun and sharing like interests, if you don't share those feelings then I would kindly suggest a new harbor for you.

Peace

Saber

:D

I find most people so bitter ., are too poor to have much to be happy about..., imagine that in the richest county in the world.

I also find that most of those are lazy good for nothin low end no work loser types.

As I look around the Pub I notice there are alot of professional people., educated and also hard working blue collar..., which can afford one the luxury of having a life worth living. We do after have to earn our way.

No one in the Pub that I can recall ever claimed they got anything worth gettin for free., especially and education and manners., they are earned it.,as it should be.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I removed the post, but you guys have all quoted it anyway!

In this one topic, Seeking Pirates, I allow guests to post... so that people who aren't a member of this community can post looking for crews to hire, etc. I guess that's what happens sometimes.

Sorry for the inconvenience! :D

-Bloody

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Administration Policy</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>At Pyracy.com, it's all about you!

Whatever you want, that's what we're going to do. I'm serious. If you want me to cry, then I'm bawling, baby. If you want your own topic started, LOOK OUT MAMA HERE IT COMES! There's nothing that I won't do to accomodate your slightest whim. Stop looking at me, please. You're making me a little nervous. Please blink or something. You soulless, devouring monsters. You've taken everything that was decent in me and buried it in scorpions. How I loathe you all.</span>

I removed the post, but you guys have all quoted it anyway!

In this one topic, Seeking Pirates, I allow guests to post... so that people who aren't a member of this community can post looking for crews to hire, etc. I guess that's what happens sometimes.

Sorry for the inconvenience! :D

-Bloody

no problem it was worth the laugh i got

But why is the rum gone?

• 1 month later...

Just wanted ta post sayin' that I'm still huntin' fer crew members for the Pirate Brethren of Texas. It's been a very slow fall(dealing with me crew) and our "bar social" nights have pretty much consisted of just me and my crew's historian.

[For reference as to what the Pirate Brethren of Texas is about, my original post lies on the second page of this thread.]

It'd be my interest ta have at least 5 garbed members (we have averaged two members the last two years.) when we do our yearly trip ta Scarborough Faire in late May of 2005.

Also, if anyone has contacted me via email about joinin' tha crew, please contact me again. Things got quite hectic in my personal life (with the elections, guests visiting for a few days, trips to visit family, etc.) and those emails may have gotten lost.....I'm slowly going through my email box as we speak to mabey catch some that I've missed(or didn't get a chance to respond to it.)

Morick Towain

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Time to weigh in here on crews.....and say Hurricane's crew was the best ever at Pirates in Paradise...!

Haven't planned on who I am takin' with me next year yet..but definitely doing back..under my own dime...understand now what the level of real commitment is...Outstanding crew!

Port Royal Privateers... I ain't sayin much on that topic since Rumba Rue covered it all......gramercy dear.

B)<_<

Pyracy in all it's Glory,

Yers,

D.L.

aka DurtyLaFey

member of a few crewes....but that be a personal question.

Time to weigh in here on crews.....and say Hurricane's crew was the best ever at Pirates in Paradise...!

Haven't planned on who I am takin' with me next year yet..but definitely doing back..under my own dime...understand now what the level of real commitment is...Outstanding crew!

Port Royal Privateers... I ain't sayin much on that topic since Rumba Rue covered it all......gramercy dear.

:P:ph34r:

Thanks so much for the compliment on our crewe!!!

Sure, I may be a little biased, but I have to agree with you.... we have an amazing crewe. This year at PIP was my first real 'full out 10-day crewe expeirence' and although we all knew each other in advance, and had chatted on this board and such, when we all converged from our various points across the nation, it was amazing! We were like a family that was gathering for a big piratical holiday!

....and it helped that we all love to work, so we had a great time doing things like creating the sail cloth signs for PIP (we took over a large portion of the 2nd floor balcony at the southernmost, made sandwiches, passed out chips and sodas, and had a painting party) and turned any work situation into a fun event.

And we're heading back to Key West for the Pirate Soul Museum opening next month! woohoo!!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com